Please tell me this guy is full of sh*t

jthiel

CAGiversary!
So there is a guy on craigslist in my city that is stating he has a 250gb playstion 3 SLIM that is backwards compatible...stating only 1000 of them were made at the launch.

How much truth is in what he is saying because what I have read is there are NO Slims that have backwards compatibilty.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Agreed, there is no such thing. They made backwards compatible PS3s in the beginning and that was it.[/QUOTE]

In the beginning, there was BC, and it was good. 20gb, 60gb and to an extent, 80gb.

Then there was the 40gb, 120gb, 160gb and 250gb... NONE of which had BC.

1191562906039.png

ONLY 1000 OF THESE UNITS WERE RELEASED WHEN THE SLIM FIRST CAME OUT
I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE THAT U WONT FIND ANOTHER SLIM MODEL IN COLORADO WITH BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY
I don't know about you, but I'd think there'd be approximately 20 per state. So, not only is he full of everything everyone here says he is, he's also a fail at 3rd grade math.

Oh, my Slim PS3 plays a couple of PS2 games. They're called God of War and God of War II (and Ico and Shadow of the Colossus in a few weeks!)

he's full of shit.. and he wants to make $100 more than what the PS3 is going for, of course he needs to lie about some stuff to make money.. lol he goes so far as to give you the code name (aurora) of this limited edition... lol, he's good.

Y'all just jealous because you don't have one. I do, Kaz Hirai delivered it directly to my doorstep.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Oh, my Slim PS3 plays a couple of PS2 games. They're called God of War and God of War II (and Ico and Shadow of the Colossus in a few weeks!)[/QUOTE]
...a few WEEKS?

I'd meet up with him just to see what the hell this dude is up to. Of course, I'd have a buddy follow me in another car just in case, but I've got to know how he made a slim play PS2 games. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Warner1281']I'd meet up with him just to see what the hell this dude is up to. Of course, I'd have a buddy follow me in another car just in case, but I've got to know how he made a slim play PS2 games. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't, the guy is probably just screwin' with people and handing out fake addresses and such.

[quote name='eastshore4']...a few WEEKS?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I thought release date was in November for some reason :p Best guess seems to be Spring '11, it looks like. Oh well, until them my PS3 can still play two PS3 games :cool:

Kind of...

[quote name='jthiel']nope says its a slim and that he is willing to pay me 40 bucks if i get there and it doesn't play ps1 and ps2 games...[/QUOTE]

Free money... oh no, it got taken down.

bread's done
Back