Plenty PSP's @ Target Norcross

jlkeeton

CAGiversary!
They opened with 4 people working the counter for the demand. However, just like the DS launch, there were only a few people there (there were lines of 100 people for the GBA launch). That's a bonus for any of you in Gwinnett or N Fulton who want a PSP.

So, if you are in Gwinnett and need a PSP, you may want to try out the Norcross (Ptree Corners) Target. They had about 50 of them left - if you get Target mailings, there are 5$ off coupons in the latest one to make it a little cheaper. Of course, they have their bundles online but you have to get 3 games and that silly started kit, but the 10% coupons are abound making it a softer hit if you were going to get those games anyway.

I am betting they'll be gone by lunchtime, though.

Supply on the PSP seems to be pretty good.

The Gamerush by my house got in 30 PSPs, and only 7 were on pre-order as of last night.

My Target is right next to a Best Buy, I walked into Target and purchased a PSP at 8:10. I was the first one. Over at Best Buy, there was at least 75 people still waiting outside. Also, Target had at least 80 units and about 5 employees working the electronic section and about 4 security guards by the PSPs as well.

the 24 hour walmart i went to last night in MA, had 120 units to start the night, I got their at 12:30, and they only had 6 left

[quote name='ryanbph']the 24 hour walmart i went to last night in MA, had 120 units to start the night, I got their at 12:30, and they only had 6 left[/quote]

I you guys fricken serious?

They are literally all over the place here.

Gamestop got 20 in and as of 12:30 they had only sold 5 and Target didnt even have people in their electronic counter. Tons behind the glass. It actually didnt even look like but 1 had sold.

Best Buy was the same way.

I have been on the fence with this but the recent scare had me cancel my Gamestop preorder.

I will most likely pick it up at Walmart or Target as they have a longer return period.

[quote name='Snake2715']I you guys fricken serious?

Gamestop got 20 in and as of 12:30 they had only sold 5 and Target didnt even have people in their electronic counter. Tons behind the glass. It actually didnt even look like but 1 had sold.

I have been on the fence with this but the recent scare had me cancel my Gamestop preorder.

I will most likely pick it up at Walmart or Target as they have a longer return period.[/quote]

Snake - you were right yesterday man. There are a ton of PSP's. I don't think there is a store in my area that doesn't have at least 10 remaining.

I seriously think there are a lot of gamers that don't even know what a PSP is. I have yet to see a PSP commercial. I think demand will grow gradually for it, but not to the point where supply can't keep up.

[quote name='little_krampy'][quote name='Snake2715']I you guys fricken serious?

I will most likely pick it up at Walmart or Target as they have a longer return period.[/quote]

Snake - you were right yesterday man. There are a ton of PSP's. I don't think there is a store in my area that doesn't have at least 10 remaining.

I seriously think there are a lot of gamers that don't even know what a PSP is. I have yet to see a PSP commercial. I think demand will grow gradually for it, but not to the point where supply can't keep up.[/quote]

You know it was just a guess but based on the fact of what I was hearing and the hype wasnt that big around here.

Plus its above the compulsive shoppers price point. I mean try telling the wife why you just dropped more than a car payment on a video game system a \nd most wifes are going to be picking out your pants for the next year.

I to think it will do well over the course of a given period but I dont think it is initially as big as expected.

Either way its exciting to watch the whole thing unfold, the new home consoles information leaking out, the next generation is upon us and its pretty neat to be in head deep with the info. It only happens about twice or so a decade.

My EB was going to open at 9am.. I say 'was' because when I got there at 8:45am they were already OPEN!!! I lost out on getting Ridge Racer at that location due to that, but I did get Ape Escape and WipEout Pure. I picked up RR at another store, and tomorrow, some other giveaway games will be traded from my collection for some other PSP games.

bread's done
Back