Plug to view laptop on the TV?

[quote name='uli2000']Most laptops have a svideo tv out. Just get a svideo cable.[/quote]

Plugged the S-video cable from my laptop to my TV, but no luck. Do I have to change settings on my computer?

yeah, right click on your desktop, go to properties, advanced, and there should be an option there to turn it into tv mode.

[quote name='iheartmetal']yeah, right click on your desktop, go to properties, advanced, and there should be an option there to turn it into tv mode.[/quote]

When I right click it shows an option for properties or graphic properties, neither one has an advanced option. Im using windows XP BTW.

I know for toshiba's and ibms you need to press your function (near left control/alt) key on your laptop keyboard. Then look at function keys (F1-F12) and there should be one that looks like 2 computer screens. Mine is Fn+F7. I then am able to switch to video out to tv.

[quote name='mpj31']I know for toshiba's and ibms you need to press your function (near left control/alt) key on your laptop keyboard. Then look at function keys (F1-F12) and there should be one that looks like 2 computer screens. Mine is Fn+F7. I then am able to switch to video out to tv.[/quote]

It's a Dell Insprion

It's right click, properties, settings, and then you should see a window with two displays, labeled '1' and '2'. 1 is your main (or your laptop's) display while two is whatever your laptop is outputting to. Click the '2' and click 'extend my desktop to this screen' and you desktop will be extended to your TV (you can move your mouse or drag anything over to you TV. Now just adjust it until it looks like...

You TV will be to where ever display '2' is in your settings. So if it's to the left of display one, you desktop will be extended to the left of your laptop's display.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']How about with sound? I used the S-Video plug and put the computer to display it on the TV but there was no sound out of the TV, only the laptop.[/QUOTE]

Well, not to be a smartass, but look at the name of the cable itself....S-VIDEO. Sound doesn't go through it.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']How about with sound? I used the S-Video plug and put the computer to display it on the TV but there was no sound out of the TV, only the laptop.[/QUOTE]

Youll have to use speakers that are hooked up to your laptop..

Your laptop should have standard audio out jack(s). You may need to convert from 1/8" to dual RCA plugs. Any Radio Shack should have that adapter.

If your laptop only has a S-Video out, you should be aware that it only supports 480i. Meaning the picture will be nowhere as clear as your laptop's screen.

bread's done
Back