PNY nVidia Geforce 6600GT PCI-E (AGP OOS) $99 AR at Newegg

greenbags125

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Newegg has the nVIdia Geforce 6600GT for both PCI-Express and AGP for $139 - $40 MIR = $99. 3-Day shipping is $3. This is the cheapest I've ever seen a card of this caliber and definitely a good deal. I purchased one two days ago and it shipped today. I've heard that its easy to overclock. It should run Doom 3, Far Cry, HL2, etc with no problems.

AGP Version

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133137

PCI-Express Version

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133129

I know this isn't technically a game but it really helps games run so I thought I'd include it here. Please move if its not posted in the right forum.

Oh man, this looks SO tempting. It's a damn shame I can't spend a penny right now. This would certainly be a nice upgrade from my current Ti 4200. Thanks for the awesome deal though!

Edit: AGP version is already out of stock...

That is a GREAT deal. I have a GeForce 6600 GT and it works fine for HL2, BF2 and anything else I've tried so far.

[quote name='Decker']That is a GREAT deal. I have a GeForce 6600 GT and it works fine for HL2, BF2 and anything else I've tried so far.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. I paid $200 for mine about a year ago, and it's the best money I've ever spent on a computer upgrade.

[quote name='Gregory Kimball']Indeed. I paid $200 for mine about a year ago, and it's the best money I've ever spent on a computer upgrade.[/QUOTE]
What res do you run them in. I was wanting to get one but not if it runs HL2 and BF2 good at 800x600. I want something that will run them great. :D

I got this card a couple months back for $150 after $20 MIR. I dunno if it's me but this card tends to overheat A LOT! When playing CS:S, I would get some graphical errors, like colors being in the wrong place and black lines across the screen. I have a 430W PSU to power it so I don't think it's that. But yeah, just to give you guys some feedback on this card, it tends to overheat a lot (not sure if it's only my PC).

Sorry to get off-topic but could someone PM me some solutions to these overheating problems?

Great deal..I have a 6600 Gt I bought prob around a few months ago....great card for its money! I have been playing half life 2 on 1024x768 rez with everything high and AA maxed out...

I couldn't resist. I had a fx5200 Ultra that was in dire need of an upgrade. This will probably last me until I build a new computer sometime next year.

[quote name='greenbags125']Newegg has the nVIdia Geforce 6600GT for both PCI-Express and AGP for $139 - $40 MIR = $99. 3-Day shipping is $3. This is the cheapest I've ever seen a card of this caliber and definitely a good deal. I purchased one two days ago and it shipped today. I've heard that its easy to overclock. It should run Doom 3, Far Cry, HL2, etc with no problems.

AGP Version

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133137

PCI-Express Version

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133129

I know this isn't technically a game but it really helps games run so I thought I'd include it here. Please move if its not posted in the right forum.[/QUOTE]

What is the difference between the two?

[quote name='Graystone']What res do you run them in. I was wanting to get one but not if it runs HL2 and BF2 good at 800x600. I want something that will run them great. :D[/QUOTE]
HL2 runs prefectly fine on a 6600GT at around 1600x1200 with all options maxed except AA (usually I ran it at 1280x960 with 4xAA though, I hate having to play without it). BF2 is a bit more hardware intense, but 1024x768 with all the options on medium/high was very smooth.

I would get it for the price, but I want a 6600GT that has VIVO which this one doesn't.(I want to be able to do what I can do with my current Radeon 9600XT AIW)

[quote name='Fireshooter']What is the difference between the two?[/QUOTE]

pci will attract more girls, agp has wrinkled balls.

Tempting, but I'm trying to wait 'till I can afford something towards the top of the X800 line since I'm pretty sure those will be the best AGP cards we ever see and don't plan on going to socket 939 for a while. Makes more sense to make this big upgrade then to buy another middle of the road card like I did with my 5700 Ultra. Granted I also only have a 15" monitor that runs at 1024x768, and my card's insanely overclocked to 570/1.1 without a hitch, and only a one degree celsius jump in temp, and runs BF2, Q4, HL2 at that res high detail pretty well so the 6600GT probably wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway. Granted I haven't been able to play FEAR yet since I can't manage much of a framerate in the video test even.

bread's done
Back