Podcasts you enjoy?

drysushi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I like these few:

The Indoor kids: videogame podcasts hosted by the, imo, hilarious Kumail Nanjiani.
Nerdist: used to listen to this but now I only listen to episodes with interesting guests, like the recent Bill Nye show.
StarTalk: science with Neil Degrass Tyson, what's not to love.
Naked Scientist: another weekly science news podcast.
Mysterious Universe: guilty pleasure podcast of weekly paranormal/weird news. If anyone is a plus member to this and is willing to share pm me.

Any good recommendations?

Indoor Kids is great. Consistently hilarious.

I love Marc Maron's, Greg Proops', and Dana Gould's podcasts, too.

I'm a few weeks behind but Penn Jillette's Sunday School podcast is a newer favorite.

This is the part where I plug my own podcast: Video Game Hangover. Try it. I think you'll like it.

Only one I listen to every week is the Giant Bombcast. It's hard for any video game podcast to keep my interest, so the abundance of off topic stuff and random jokes that sometimes hit eerily close to home keeps me going.

Art of Wrestling is semi-regular. The only pro wrestling-related one I can stand, and I still get sick of Colt Cabana sometimes, as his gimmick is supposed to be a "comedic wrestler" but I rarely find him to be that funny. But a different guest every week keeps it fresh. A lot of the time it winds up getting into stuff that is only tangentially related to wrestling (ie touring a country where some crazy/scary shit goes down), which also helps.

MBMBAM is one I picked up on not too long ago. I don't listen to it every week but since it is not really time-sensitive I'm working my way through the archives slowly. Funny stuff but it's a good thing it's fairly short, I can see it getting old quickly.

Bill Burr's podcast is my favorite. Used to like robert kelly's podcast but he put a chick on there and it isn't the same without joe derosa

[quote name='drysushi']
/QUOTE]

Wow I have to listen to this.

to tired to fix that quote shit

I have always avoided podcasts because I'm more into live radio and call-in shows, but I'll listen to the Adam Carolla podcast semi-regularly.

In terms of Internet radio, I listen to the Tom Leykis Show because it's more like a real radio station. The show plays 24/7 and the live show has phone calls.

Podcasts tend to be less off the cuff. And I'm always suspicious that the hosts are reading from a script and/or editing in only the good parts. One of the best parts about live radio is the feeling that the host is flying by the seat of your pants any anything can happen. There's also a communal aspect to it.

I'm always looking for good shows that are live and have phone calls.

CAG
Rooster Teeth
Call of Podcast
GameEnthus

I used to listen to alot more like Major Nelson, OXM, Mark Kermode Film Review but I never had enough time to listen to everything.

CAG Cast - never miss an episode
The Herd with Colin Cowherd - listen to it during m commute after blowing through the CAG Cast
PTI Podcast - listen to it after the above two
Slide to Play - not often
Touch Arcade - not often
The Complete Guide to Everything - couple times a year
This American Life - couple times a year

Both were already mentioned, but I also listen to the Adam Carolla Show podcasts, and also Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana. I pretty much only listen to podcasts while I work out, and Adam Carolla show is usually at least 90 minutes per episode so it's a good one for workout purposes.

Things I listen to fairly regularly are:

Cagcast - (Nuff said)
Rebel FM - (Great for gaming opinion....And dating advice)
Giant Bombcast - (Didn't like it at first, have grown to love it)
IGN Unlocked - (Followed Ryan from OXM)
Rooster Teeth Podcast - (Very Funny)
The Comedy Button - (Some of the older episodes are phenomenal)
NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me - (Fun way to catch up on the news)
The Geek Box - (How I keep up with comic book and nerd things)

Things I listen to occasionally are:

NPR's Car Talk
The Super Joystiq Podcast
Big Red Barrel Flix
Freakonomics Radio

The only podcasts that I listen to are from smodcast.com...

If you go there, the top row of them are pretty much the only ones that I listen to

I'd recommend Uhh Yeah Dude. Its a comedy podcast where they talk about the crazy things that happen in America. Easily my favorite podcast I listen to.

Mostly, the various Slate podcasts (usually the Political Gabfest and Cultural Gabfest). I have been a listener of the HowStuffWorks stuff for a while. Stuff You Missed in History Class has overtaken Stuff You Should Know as my favorite of their shows. And I try to squeeze in The Comedy Button.

I forgot about Smodcast. Scott Moser and Kevin Smith crack me up whenever I listen to that. I like the short video podcasts that HowStuffWorks does called Stuff They Don't Want You to Know. There's a conspiracy for everything!

Mine are pretty much all video game podcasts:

Cagcast
Comic Vine Podcast
Giant Bombcast
IGN Podcast Beyond
IGN Knockin Boots (whenever they post a new one...)
IGN Nintendo Voice Chat
Joystiq Podcast
My Brother, My Brother, And Me
Playstation Blogcast
Playstation Nation Podcast
Video Game Confidential
Weekend Confirmed
1up Games, Damnit!
1up Retronauts

No longer listen to:

Joe Rogan's podcast
KGB Cast
VGMpire
Sarcastic Gamer (Playstation & Red Show)
Rebel FM
The Indoor Kids

CAGcast
Geekbox
Rebel FM
Giant Bombcast
A Life Well Wasted(Rober Ashley is working on an episode)

Paranormal Podcast
Anything Ghost

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking Bad Insider
Cape Crisis
Podtoid
How Did This Get Made?
Laser Time
Mysterious Universe
Sup, Holmes?
VGMpire
Rooster Teeth
WTF with Marc Maron
We're Alive
We're Not Dead

Dropped:
IGN Gamescoop and Unlocked
CAGcast
Joystiq Xbox
KOXM
That Podcast (Fallout NV cast, no longer made)

Warning! A Huge Podcast - usually a 4-hour epic about 2D shooters, JRPGs, and Japanese games in general
Video Game Hangover - always entertaining
My Brother, My Brother, and Me - loved it for 100 episodes, but I think it's kinda falling off.
Throwing Shade - two comedians covering women & LGBT issues, tastelessly
8-4 play - what I listen to because WAHP doesn't go up very often.

ABC's of SNL 5 part set with Kevin Smith talking to John Lovitz....was shocked at how good it was.

Mohr Stories with Jay Mohr.

Joe Rogan Experience.

Fatman on Batman. Kevin Smith talking to people involved in various aspects of Batman from animated to comics etc...this was shockingly good as well.

From time to time Ill snag an ep or two of Christopher Titus' show.

[quote name='commandercody83']Breaking Bad Insider

Mysterious Universe
[/QUOTE]

You subscribe to plus? If so, how is it? I want to, but I'm poor and the fact that they are constantly shilling it makes me wary. Every call they feature at the end is a "I'm a plus and so should you" propaganda.

Chris Titus has a show!? Checking that out asap.

"You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes" is very good. It is similar to WTF, but Pete's delivery is a bit lighter.

"How Did This Get Made" is my current favorite, but "Doug Loves Movie" is a close 2nd.

[quote name='drysushi']You subscribe to plus? If so, how is it? I want to, but I'm poor and the fact that they are constantly shilling it makes me wary. Every call they feature at the end is a "I'm a plus and so should you" propaganda.

Chris Titus has a show!? Checking that out asap.[/QUOTE]

I don't have Plus, but I'd like to. I know they were restructuring the price and what was available with it. I'm a few episodes behind too...

I'm gonna have to check that Titus cast...

There are some great suggestions so far, I've added a few that I wasn't aware of to my growing collection.

[quote name='drysushi']
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning this. The most recent episode is part 2 of a small series entitled "Advancing to the Next Level: The science of Video Games" and I'm starting to listen to part one right now.

http://epicbattleaxe.com/
"Epic Battle Cry" for my video game fix.

http://joerogan.net/
Joe Rogan's Podcast for the obscure.

http://smodcast.com/channels/hollywood-babble-on/
"Hollywood Babble-On" for my comedy stuff.

http://smodcast.com/channels/fatman-on-batman/
"Fat-Man on Bat-Man" is also a new podcast from Kevin Smith where he sits down with voice actors, (Mark Hamill) writers, (Paul Dini) and other iconic contributors from the batman world. Absolute gold and a must listen for Batman fanatics.

And local Los Angeles Sports radio and mornings shows (KROQ's Kevin and Bean) on a daily basis.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']

Thanks for mentioning this. The most recent episode is part 2 of a small series entitled "Advancing to the Next Level: The science of Video Games" and I'm starting to listen to part one right now.[/QUOTE]

I love the show, and though I know Tyson is incredibly busy, I wish the show was updated more often.

I used to love GamesRadar.com's podcast, TalkRadar. Nowadays the hosts have spun off into a few different shows--Laser Time (general 80s/90s/today pop culture), Cape Crisis (comics) and VGMpire (video game music), which aren't AS good, but still pretty entertaining.

Game related:
CAGcast
The Besties
Rebel FM
GWJ Conference Call
Joystiq Podcast

Other:
Freakonomics
Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
NPR (various)
Stuff You Should Know

how did this get made used to be good until it was just a whiny laughing bitch fest.

Here goes how it sounds today "why is this like waaahhaaa, hahahaha, aaahahhahh, I mean, ahahhnan ahahaha waahahwa."

Seriously listen

bread's done
Back