Pokemon - Banette Dream World Giveaway And More On PokeGlobalLink's Website

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
I know this isn't a "deal" but since Gargus got his fingers sewn shut, I figured this was worth a post.
For those of you headed over there (if their weekly ad is any good this upcoming week) it seems like an extra incentive to raid the clearance bins.

http://serebii.net/games/currentevents.shtml

It's level 50 and is superawesomerare because it was genetically engineered to come with Snarl, a TM move it isn't normally able to obtain. Yes, Snarl. How useful.

This is the first irl Poke giveaway event (aside from the World Championship in August) since the last TRU one in May (the one with the egg), so yes, you haven't missed much.

If interested (and a member of Global Link), there's a Banette giveaway event that just started (you put in a password from the October issue of Nintendo Power into the promotion box on the website) as well as a plethora of free exclusive C-Gear skins which do have a limited download availability window (so far only 2 of the many available have expired, an Audino one and a World Championship 2011 one with a Pikachu background) obtainable by similar password entry (though these passwords are all over the internet by now).

Now for a set of very "clever" universal PGL passwords, which are case-sensitive.

English PGL Passwords: (from Bulbapedia -> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_Global_Link_promotions#List_of_promotions)

Meadow Munna (C-Gear Skin) Password: PGLDR34M Promotion Expires: 10/25/12
Aim For The Top (Pikachu C-Gear Skin) Password: PikachuCGear Promotion Expires: 08/31/12
Twinkle Mincinno (C-Gear Skin) Password: PGLWELCOME Promotion Expires: 07/12/12
Poison Jab Croagunk (C-Gear Skin) Password: NPCGEAR Promotion Expires: 03/01/12
European Exclusive Venasaur! (C-Gear Skin) Password: EUPGL092011 Promotion Expires: 01/19/12
Zoroark! (C-Gear Skin) Password: ZoroarkMonth11 Promotion Expires: 01/11/12
Spring Deerling (C-Gear Skin) Password: JJW2X97D Promotion Expires: 10/05/11

Banette (Level 37 Pokemon With Cursed Body) Password: NPCHARACTER Promotion Expires: 03/01/12
Moves: Faint Attack, Hex, Cotton Guard, Shadow Ball.

Togekiss (Level 10 Pokemon With Super Luck) Password: Given to your PGL account during your birthday month Promotion Expires: ???

Edited for stronger sarcasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAG90210']I'm a noob to this, but how does this work?[/QUOTE]

You show up with Black or White in your DS/3DS, go to Mystery Gift and receive the Wonder Card (more or less proof of ownership/an event card) while connecting to the event @ TRU (you obviously have to be in proximity to the store's gaming dept.). As for how you retrieve it in-game, that's some sort of sorcery I can't remember currently. Last gen, you just needed to go to a Pokestore to get stuff.

For those of you worried about Wonder Card space (previous games only allowed for 3 cards at a time, but you don't need the card to have the event Poke) B/W allows for some ridiculous amount of them, so you should be fine.

Or just read this: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/mysterygift.shtml

Free stuff goes in the free section.

Since you actually admitted to knowing that its confusing why you would post it in the deals section after saying its not a deal.

And if you dont like me, put me on ignore.

[quote name='gargus']Free stuff goes in the free section.

Since you actually admitted to knowing that its confusing why you would post it in the deals section after saying its not a deal.

And if you dont like me, put me on ignore.[/QUOTE]

It was a joke, relax. I'm guessing the timer on your silence went away, but I did put deal in quotations for a reason. I still consider it a deal to be rewarded for the money I spend on gas to go to TRU in the first place.

Also, I've seen threads advertising Poke events in this forum before, (I've extensively posted on them.) so I'm going to maintain status quo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know this is happening. I will take the kiddos (and of course myself) to TRU tomorrow. Any idea when the October Nintendo Power hits?

Thanks for posting, unfortunately TRU is way too far to go for me just to get a pokemon, should have been Gamestop, theres one on every corner :|

Most of your posts are whining and bitching about something. You okay? Need a hug?

[quote name='laseractive']Good to know this is happening. I will take the kiddos (and of course myself) to TRU tomorrow. Any idea when the October Nintendo Power hits?[/QUOTE]

I assume it's sometime before October, but I've been checking for it online a couple of times a day since I have the memory of a goldfish. When I find the password (if it's universal like every other one) I will post it in the OP.

Question for the rest of you: Would you want me to put all the PGL passwords (and what they get) into the OP?

Edit: Note the expiration dates of the events ONLY applies to being able to put the password in (aside from possibly Banette), afterwards you're all good.

[quote name='FastDontLie']Yeah, the passwords would be awesome. Thanks for the heads up, OP.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Ask and ye shall receive.

Can someone please get this strike wannabe out of here ?

Well if you don't like where something is posted, notify a moderator. If it doesn't get moved (and when was the last time a post you whined about was moved?), then the post is ok.

Pretty simple, yes?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Pretty awesome thanks Bobby :D. Have White/Black and Soul Silver, yet they keep getting pushed to the back of my playlist

I forgot all about the Eeveelution thing. I had 2 of those waiting for me. Guess I can't still claim them, huh?

But anyway, thanks for posting. I work at TRU and it will be helpful to know when customers come asking. Also, this is the only forum people really check (meaning myself) so, I'm glad it's here.

[quote name='Gertle627']I forgot all about the Eeveelution thing. I had 2 of those waiting for me. Guess I can't still claim them, huh?

But anyway, thanks for posting. I work at TRU and it will be helpful to know when customers come asking. Also, this is the only forum people really check (meaning myself) so, I'm glad it's here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... nope, lol. The Espeon I think was the best one, its Dream World ability (Magic Bounce) is exclusive to it and Natu/Xatu. It's a permanent Magic Coat. And I figured it'd do more good being put here, since this is where I am constantly, as well. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magic_Bounce_(ability)

Lol, sorry for Pokenerding out. ^

i have an awesome DW Espeon all EV trained and awesomeness, hes my favorite pokemon.

I have the jpnese event pokemon from a friend but want that Banette and definitely that Togekiss if its Modest it would be killer.

Been getting back into pokemon and EV training and all that.
May try to pick up this event

Darn, your silence is over with?

[quote name='Dranakin']Went to the TRU at Emeryville, CA, and they didn't have anything to download/receive.[/QUOTE]

Really? I'm pretty sure this is a universal event, and I didn't read the original news off of Nintendo/Pokemon's website but it's not like I just found one sketchy website that reported it. Anyone else having a problem getting it?

It's the month of Zoroark in the States, so this kind of giveaway isn't out of the blue or anything.

[quote name='Dranakin']Went to the TRU at Emeryville, CA, and they didn't have anything to download/receive.[/QUOTE]

same at Hayward TRU. The Newark TRU moved.

I went to Toys R Us in Orem, UT and downloaded Zororark today. They had a sign up in the video game section with the instructions. I also saw this in the toys r us ad ( bottom of page 6 ) so would expect it at all toys r us stores.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Really? I'm pretty sure this is a universal event, and I didn't read the original news off of Nintendo/Pokemon's website but it's not like I just found one sketchy website that reported it. Anyone else having a problem getting it?

It's the month of Zoroark in the States, so this kind of giveaway isn't out of the blue or anything.[/QUOTE]

How exactly do you sign up for the Dream World stuff? Is there somewhere with a listing of information about this?

All I remember from the impressions before the game came out was something about if you don't do x, you'll lose the grass in the forest or city or something like that.

I might have to take a trip over to TRU for the gift though. Maybe it'll spur me to play my White more. I'm still trying to complete a Pokedex for HeartGold.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']You show up with Black or White in your DS/3DS, go to Mystery Gift and receive the Wonder Card (more or less proof of ownership/an event card) while connecting to the event @ TRU (you obviously have to be in proximity to the store's gaming dept.). As for how you retrieve it in-game, that's some sort of sorcery I can't remember currently. Last gen, you just needed to go to a Pokestore to get stuff.

For those of you worried about Wonder Card space (previous games only allowed for 3 cards at a time, but you don't need the card to have the event Poke) B/W allows for some ridiculous amount of them, so you should be fine.

Or just read this: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/mysterygift.shtml[/QUOTE]

Can you get the Zoroark even if you haven't really started the game yet (just to have the mystery card), sort of like with the Victini (I still have to get/start the game).

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Can you get the Zoroark even if you haven't really started the game yet (just to have the mystery card), sort of like with the Victini (I still have to get/start the game).[/QUOTE]

bump.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Can you get the Zoroark even if you haven't really started the game yet (just to have the mystery card), sort of like with the Victini (I still have to get/start the game).[/QUOTE]
No

[quote name='WhiteLens']Damn, did not see this thread all week, would it be too late for today?[/QUOTE]

I'm about to go check and I will post here if it's still happening.

[quote name='iGen']This is not a deal. Post it in the right forum.[/QUOTE]

Its a deal to some of us, and most likely would not have been noticed in the other forums. (Heck, i check Pokemon sites all the time and didnt even realize this one until i saw it on CAG)

Lol at all the fools posting "move it to the right thread". Quit being douche bags and don't post if you don't like it, it doesn't affect you at all. Grow up and quit acting like an idiot just because you're on the internet.

Thanks for the heads up OP, hopefully I'll make it up there to catch this DEAL before it expires.

I went to my local TRU and they didn't have it. I only sat in the parking lot but I've always been able to get it there. It could be that they stopped it today or it's just my specific TRU.

If anyone got an extra one they don't need I would gladly accept it. I don't have much to trade or else I would.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Lol at all the fools posting "move it to the right thread". Quit being douche bags and don't post if you don't like it, it doesn't affect you at all. Grow up and quit acting like an idiot just because you're on the internet.

Thanks for the heads up OP, hopefully I'll make it up there to catch this DEAL before it expires.[/QUOTE]
Sorry 'bout that. I outgrew this rehash series when I was 12. :D

[quote name='iGen']Sorry 'bout that. I outgrew this rehash series when I was 12. :D[/QUOTE]
Oh that explains why you think of it incorrectly

Well at least you admitted you have no idea about it, that's something at least

[quote name='iGen']Sorry 'bout that. I outgrew this rehash series when I was 12. :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah....We really don't care.

And yet, you found it necessary to pop in and bitch about it. Thanks for two useless posts in this thread.

Walked into the Toys R Us store on 360/290 and it was available there.

...that store seems really...uh, unkept (coming from having worked at another TrU and even went back after I quit).

[quote name='garrett9418']Where can you input the PGL passwords?[/QUOTE]

After you "game link" your save file on black/white to your account (must register) on http://en.pokemon-gl.com/ then you can input the passwords under "promotions" button on the bottom right.

Next, you have to tuck a pokemon away to sleep by pressing the middle online selection on your game gear. After about 10 minutes, you can use that pokemon on the website to interact in the Dream World. Choose to change C-gear skins at this time if you had put in passwords for them. Once you are done, you can choose to wake it up and then you can retrieve it back in your DS game. When you wake your pokemon up in game, your C-gear skin will change. As for putting in pokemon passwords, it's the same way; but, currently there isn't one yet until the Banette one is released.

Yes, just choose Mystery Gift from the main menu (instead of choosing 'New Game' - it's directly below it). The Zoroark will be waiting for you whenever you start the game and get to a Pokemon center.

Anyway, thanks a lot for posting this, OP. I also didn't see this thread all week, but was just able to run out and get to TRU in time to grab the download. I picked up 3 as well. (I will be PMing those who first showed interest in this thread to trade, if they still want one.)

NOTE: The two extra I have for trade were downloaded to a flashcart. They are totally legit, of course, identical to a retail copy of the game; however, technically I can trade unlimited numbers of these away without using any sort of game modifier/cheat device (I can backup the save file to my computer, trade away the Zoroark, copy the save file from my computer back to the cartridge, and I'm back to where I started, with Zoroark still in the box).
IF you have any qualms about that, or feel it is immoral/unsporting/dangerous in any way, then you probably wouldn't be interested. From everything I've read pokemon themselves do not have individual ID numbers, they only have the trainer's ID number, so there is no way to tell the pokemon has been duplicated. (I will be PMing 2 people that already expressed interest, any after these first 2 would be duplicates).

bread's done
Back