Pokemon Black and White: General Discussion and Info: For Real This Time

[quote name='utopianmachine']Haven't gone back in the thread to know if this is a repost, but Game Informer has a trailer for Black/White that reveals 3 on 3 battles and lush game environments.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...-trailer-has-3-on-3-battles-new-critters.aspx[/QUOTE]

Very interesting trailer. The scene where is there portal and the girl comes out a boy, I'm just a little confused of that. The 3 on 3 battles seem just a little over the top. Nice seeing some more gameplay though.

A DSi/3DS feature has been revealed: Video chat. They also described a "high link" mode, where you can apparently take on missions from other players.
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Sorry for the slight delay in this. Continuing on from yesterday's update, some more details have come out via images on 2ch of a promotional pamphlet. These give details on aspects of the game that have rumoured over the past few weeks but are now confirmed

* First is a DSi & 3DS exclusive feature; the Live Caster. This feature, after obtained in the game, will allow you to have video chats with your friends. This is limited to 4-player over local wireless and 2 player over Wi-Fi. Only the DSi can utilise this feature so if you don't have a DSi or a 3DS in the future, you cannot use this feature
* In a manner similar to what was described as a 3DS feature, there is also a Pass By mode which, utilising the C Gear, has you connect with other players when you walk by them. This will aid them and you in various means, the extent of which is not yet known.
* It also confirms that the order in which your Pokémon are in during Triple Battles will help determine the damage calculations for attacks that hit multiple Pokémon
* In the High Link feature, it appears to be a massive overworld hub in which you can go up to other players and offer assistance in the form of missions. The High Link is located within the middle of the Isshu region
* In addition to that, we did accidentally get Rankurusu (ランクルス) & Gochiruzeru (ゴチルゼル) names mixed up. Rankurusu is the Green Pokémon and Gochiruzeru is Black humanshape Pokémon.
* There is an attack known by Gochiruzeru called Magic Room (マジックルーム) which negates the effects of any Items on both you and the opponent.
* Finally, we get our first look at the Isshu region on the in-game map

We expect much more as today goes on so keep checking back. Click the images below for larger images

Probably so they can say it has 4 player video chat on the box! Actually, it's probably just because it would be fun for younger kids. I suspect my kids (7 and 9) would find it amusing. Maybe the game adds special effects too or something of that sort.

More pokemon revealed. Some are kinda WTF. I like Wooguru and Kibago though. I can see the latter evolving into a Stegosaurus type pokemon.

I just hope the game runs faster than diamond and pearl. emerald was my fav by far, and when i go back to it after playing the ds games it feels like its on super speed. DS ones are so ssslllooowwww.

I have been debating with myself whether or not the excluding original pokemon until after you finished Black and White is a good thing or a bad thing. I have made my decision it is probably a good thing, atleast for me, get me a new set of pokemon, that I have to choose all new species rather than mixing some of my old favorites and new.

I would've liked the fire one if the final stage was as corny as the middle stage. I chuckled at the flexing pig. the design and the quality of the scan makes it look like it's out of a looney tunes cartoon.

Not really liking that shell on top of the water pokemon's head. Seems unnecessary, it'd probably look cooler without it.

Which version are you all getting?

I'm getting white I like the legendary on the front wish I knew the version exclusives so I could choose based on that, but ah well..

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Which version are you all getting?

I'm getting white I like the legendary on the front wish I knew the version exclusives so I could choose based on that, but ah well..[/QUOTE]

If there's that many differences between them like it sounds there will be, I have a feeling I'll be purchasing both.

We're not getting them until March so there's plenty of time to find out the version exclusives.

I prefer White for the legendary but I think a lot of people will get that version so I'm thinking of getting Black for that reason.

I like Zekrom way better, so if I was to pick on legendaries alone, I would say white. Unless something major is announced, my mind is made up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either we're in the golden-era of gaming or Famitsu is handing out 40/40's to games that don't deserve them to get the public to support a shrinking gaming market.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Either we're in the golden-era of gaming or Famitsu is handing out 40/40's to games that don't deserve them to get the public to support a shrinking gaming market.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that's the case as these are the first pokemon games to receive the perfect score. Diamond and Pearl got 35/40, Platinum got a 36/40 and Heartgold/Soulsilver had 37/40. I really believe Nintendo has a winner on their hands. They've really made the game fresh this time.

Besides that, it's really damn hard to receive a perfect score from Famitsu since they combine a 1-out-of-10 score from four different reviewers. I can't wait to pick this up in March so I can get back to competitive battling.

Looks like the starter evolutions were real.

starters.jpg

The 3 starters I'm choosing from will be Charmander, Totodile, and Treecko.

I've never been real high on any starters. The games are easy enough and I find it interesting to get through the early part of the games relying on the normal and other non-elemental types you can catch early on.

The plant one seems way too similar to Sceptile.

Not saying much to be honest. It would be awesome if it ended up a Grass/Dragon but I doubt that'd happen.

I'm not one to bitch about all the new Pokemon but there are a LOT that look really, really stupid in this generation. The starters of each gen usually look good but these are pretty terrible, IMO. There are only a handful of Pokemon that look interesting.

[quote name='icedrake523']Not saying much to be honest. It would be awesome if it ended up a Grass/Dragon but I doubt that'd happen.

I'm not one to bitch about all the new Pokemon but there are a LOT that look really, really stupid in this generation. The starters of each gen usually look good but these are pretty terrible, IMO. There are only a handful of Pokemon that look interesting.[/QUOTE]
My friend and I were debating if the final form of Tsutaja would be Grass/Dragon. It's a stretch but here's hoping.

[quote name='icedrake523']

I'm not one to bitch about all the new Pokemon but there are a LOT that look really, really stupid in this generation. The starters of each gen usually look good but these are pretty terrible, IMO. There are only a handful of Pokemon that look interesting.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But at least they've gotten around to covering animals like zebras, swans, moles (Diglett doesn't count), eagles, deer and errr... sarcophagus (even though this improvement hasn't rekindled my interest).

In my opinion, Hoenn had it the worst. Did we really need a barnacle Pokemon? What the hell were Gorebyss, Whismur and Sableye supposed to be? I will say that B/W's version of Mew is pretty effin ugly, not that it's predecessor Manaphy was a fantastic design to begin with.

I've seen some more pokemon. There are still only 4 I like (the eagle, electric tarantual, afro bison, and small dragon). I think I'd rather buy HeartGold than either Black or White.

All Pokemon have been leaked.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

I was really down with what I've seen, but I'm excited again. I like a lot more.
512, 522-523, 537, 538, 539, 551-553, 564-565, 566-567, 589, 595-596, 610-612, 621, 622-623, 626, 627-628, 631, 632, 633-635, 638, 639, 646, 649

Still very disappointed in how the fire pig has turned out. This will be the first gen where I will dump my starter as soon as I get a few of the ones I like. I never like choosing the Water one since there are a boatload of them in the wild (Mudkip was an exception because of his type). I hate the pig, I guess that leaves the grass who might be decent if it's evolution isn't as weak as it looks.

Disappointed all around with just about everything especially with the 3rd fire-fighting starter. You can really see that they are running out of ideas now and that Pokemon will be soon coming to an end. I also see that steel type pokemon were heavily expanded in this gen and a ground-ghost type..wut?

There's a bug/rock, bug/grass, bug/fire, and bug/electric (among a couple other combos that were done before). I may finally have my dream of having an all bug team.

[quote name='icedrake523']What's wrong with a Ghost/Ground type? I like more unique types.[/QUOTE]
Nothing wrong with it, it's just that the typing is weird. Also I noticed there's a lot of sweepers in this generation as compared to before.

Bout to check it out
Heres hoping for more Eevee evolutions that rock and more Psychics.
And flying since Im the flying gym leader

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
no eevee evolutions, that sucks

lots of grass and bugs though
and some cool psy

Wow interesting list of pokemon some I'm not too keen on, but others I like.

I like
#497 #503 #553 #570 #571 #612 #620 #628 #635 #643 #644 #646
out of the list..

I'll probably get all three starters, but water and grass are my favorite ones.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Looks like serebii had to remove the pictures. =\

I'm glad I got a peak when they were up.[/QUOTE]
I noticed that too...looks like they're moving everything into the 5th generation pokedex.

EDIT: Nvm. They said on the front page they received a notice from Nintendo not to post anymore pictures because they violate intellectual property.

I think probably 40% of the new pokemon looked rather interesting and intriguing and the rest just looked lame, stupid, or similar to previous Pokemon (I'm looking at the ice cream cones!).

I wish they'd release it simultaneously across both countries =/

[quote name='icedrake523']You can still see the sprites here:
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/

I'll see if I can get a list with their names up over the next few days.

Nintendo demanding pictures be taken down because they violate intellectual property is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read this on Kotaku but remember there is two sides to every story. It looks like websites was using a illegal rom to get these information and Nintendo knew because all of the anit-privacy measure they put in place.

So yeah Nintendo has every right to protect their intellectual property.

Then they should say it's because they were obtained from ROMs. Not this blanket "They are our intellectual property." Because then it begs the question why aren't they going after other sites that have pictures of other Nintendo property?

Of course all of this could have been prevented if Nintendo didn't keep places outside of Japan in the dark on this information. Other than Zoroak/Zororua and the 2 legendaries, everything has been obtained from Japanese shows and magazines.

[quote name='icedrake523']Then they should say it's because they were obtained from ROMs. Not this blanket "They are our intellectual property." Because then it begs the question why aren't they going after other sites that have pictures of other Nintendo property?

Of course all of this could have been prevented if Nintendo didn't keep places outside of Japan in the dark on this information. Other than Zoroak/Zororua and the 2 legendaries, everything has been obtained from Japanese shows and magazines.[/QUOTE]

Because they bought a legit copy and the other websites didn't. From what I read the websites that used the roms were reporting information that can be found only using a rom, one of that information was an Nintendo anit-privacy measure for roms, oops!

We also don't know if the website reported the entire letter that Nintendo sent them.

bread's done
Back