Pokemon Black and White with $10 Credit at Amazon

hebrewhammer587

CAGiversary!
For those of you that are still on the fence on buying the new Pokemon game, Amazon is offering a 5 10 dollar credit. While it's not much, I haven't seen many offers on this game yet. Excuse me if this has already been posted, but if it has I think it is important to be on the front page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1287791662&pf_rd_i=468642

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1287791662&pf_rd_i=468642

Edit: Some people have received $15 in credit, YMMV on that however, I know theres people out there willing to argue with amazon customer service for $5 so I wanted to make sure people knew.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pck21']I'm a little confused about the rotation battles vs. the triple battles. Does that mean the Black version does not have triple battles or does it not focus on them as much? I don't get the fascination for the white version if that's the deal...[/QUOTE]

From what I've read a while back, both games have rotation and triple battles, but the White version has more triple battles, and the Black version has more rotation battles. However, I think the Eurogamer review said neither battle type really gets much emphasis in the single player game, so the difference is somewhat minor.

Anyways, White is probably more popular simply because of the cover exclusive. Zekrom just looks like a badass. Reshiram, not so much.

[quote name='evilwrath666']My black still hasn't shipped yet, 2 day shipping when the game comes out on a Sunday sucks

I knew I should of used Super Saver Shipping[/QUOTE]

Awesome, Amazon actually did just ship it and it will be here tomorrow

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Oh no I mean Vol. 1 is 256 pages, and Vol. 2 is also 352 pages.

The CE guide is 336 pages, so it doesn't add up. I'll let you know when I receive it I guess -.-[/QUOTE]
What I got from the titles/description was that the Vol. 1 CE contained just the UNOVA Pokedex, which makes sense since the Vol. 1 typically only covers up to the Elite Four and in Pokemon Black and White, unlike past games you will only encounter Generation V Pokemon until you reach post-game.

The Vol. 2 will be the whole Pokedex, all 649 in the National Dex

If i get 2 black versions from amazon will that get me $20 of credit or is that only when you get black AND white?

[quote name='JJBro1']If i get 2 black versions from amazon will that get me $20 of credit or is that only when you get black AND white?[/QUOTE]

95% sure it's Black and White.

[quote name='ithebigc']What I got from the titles/description was that the Vol. 1 CE contained just the UNOVA Pokedex, which makes sense since the Vol. 1 typically only covers up to the Elite Four and in Pokemon Black and White, unlike past games you will only encounter Generation V Pokemon until you reach post-game.

The Vol. 2 will be the whole Pokedex, all 649 in the National Dex[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, I bought a CE guide after I saw a vid on youtube, looks pretty awesome. I haven't played a Pokemon game in awhile. I think the last one I played was Gold and Silver. I bought Platinum for the DS in a buy one get one sale, but haven't played it yet. So I'm excited to be getting B&W.

Using the 10dollar credit, I just picked up the CE guide for 4.44. I spoke with a representative and asked if it was possible to still get the 5% off from the "Best Deal" price when the game was bundled with the guide.

He applied the total of the % off of the game to the guide and fairly fast too. I guess a few people have already done it.

mine shipped today and it said i'll be here tomorrow, nice! hopefully its in the daytime and not like all the way til 7pm at night like when I got Soul Silver... the waiting sucked on that one.

[quote name='cecilvaliant']mine shipped today and it said i'll be here tomorrow, nice! hopefully its in the daytime and not like all the way til 7pm at night like when I got Soul Silver... the waiting sucked on that one.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, close to every order I've received from Amazon [UPS] has been after 5PM. Could be different where you are, however.

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']From my experience, close to every order I've received from Amazon [UPS] has been after 5PM. Could be different where you are, however.[/QUOTE]

All my orders have been after 5PM as well.

Odd. I've NEVER had a UPS order arrive that late.

I'm waiting for the CE guide to show up tomorrow. It's being shipped UPS, and my location is normally early on the delivery schedule- 95% of the time delivery occurs before 1pm.

Most of my UPS orders always get here around 7pm. But they shipped my game using ontrac(west coast only) and it gets here any time between noon and 7.

ya im on westcoast and using they are using ontrac.

thinking about using my credit for the Collector's Guide. Seen some pictures and videos for it and it looks really cool for collection purposes.

Got excited seeing my shipping email since I usually get games from Amazon the next day (their Indiana warehouse is like an hour away from me) but apparently this one is shipping out of Kansas and won't arrive till Tuesday. Don't really mind though; started playing FalloutNV a few days ago and it should be keeping me busy Tuesday (and probably well after that :D).

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']From my experience, close to every order I've received from Amazon [UPS] has been after 5PM. Could be different where you are, however.[/QUOTE]

Just depends how the routes are looped, somebody has to be first and last. ONtrac, I usually always get between 6:30AM-8:30AM, post office is usually between 11:45AM-1:30pm, UPS 11:30AM-1pm, FedEX is always usually the toss up but he is usually late afternoon early evening.

EDIT: I just preordered the Hardcover Collectors guide, but noticed there was going to be a pokedex/guide coming out next month. Would that be needed or is it combined with this one or will time just tell when it comes out?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Using the 10dollar credit, I just picked up the CE guide for 4.44. I spoke with a representative and asked if it was possible to still get the 5% off from the "Best Deal" price when the game was bundled with the guide.

He applied the total of the % off of the game to the guide and fairly fast too. I guess a few people have already done it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm...I want the guide now and I tried asking live chat about applying the 5%. No luck. Guess I'll have to try again later.

Order and received a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships.

Pokemon White was back in stock last night from amazon with the promotion still applied to it for the $10 credit. It said it would arrive this wednesday (I chose free 2 day shipping).

:D :D

I can wait a couple days if it means free amazon credit :D

Does the promotional credit apply on your next order or on whichever order you want? I'm asking because I got the email saying my credit has been applied, but when I check my gift card balances (via the "view balance" link on any mp3 page) my Amazon gift card balance is listed as $0.00. Also asking because this is the first pre-order promotional credit I've gotten through Amazon. Thanks

[quote name='bassist51']Does the promotional credit apply on your next order or on whichever order you want? I'm asking because I got the email saying my credit has been applied, but when I check my gift card balances (via the "view balance" link on any mp3 page) my Amazon gift card balance is listed as $0.00. Also asking because this is the first pre-order promotional credit I've gotten through Amazon. Thanks[/QUOTE]

When you go to order an item on the payment page it will say with a little checkbox, use your promotional credit of $10.00. If it does not mention that, then your balance has not been applied.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']When you go to order an item on the payment page it will say with a little checkbox, use your promotional credit of $10.00. If it does not mention that, then your balance has not been applied.[/QUOTE]
Mines there, but it auto applies instead of giving me a checkbox.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']When you go to order an item on the payment page it will say with a little checkbox, use your promotional credit of $10.00. If it does not mention that, then your balance has not been applied.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, I just checked and that is the case. Thank you very much sir.

[quote name='darkchild81']My copy of black shipped today with $15 credit. :D[/QUOTE]

how did you get 15$?
was it 5$ from before stacked with the current 10$?

[quote name='Muitabui']how did you get 15$?
was it 5$ from before stacked with the current 10$?[/QUOTE]

yup.

my games still haven't shipped. Guess I'm waiting until wednesday to play.

I thought I had these preordered at GS, only to find out I didn't, but had my boys with me so I was forced to buy them at full price, but I plan on buying them from Amazon and returning the amazon copies to GS on Thursday. F.U GS for not giving me a discount !!

[quote name='Dranakin']Hmmmm...I want the guide now and I tried asking live chat about applying the 5%. No luck. Guess I'll have to try again later.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, well here's a basic run down of our conversation. Maybe it had something to do with my goldbox deal:

1. Hey, I previous purchased Pokemon White and now I'd like to purchase the guide for it as well!
  2. I was going to do it yesterday while it was in my goldbox, however, I was waiting on my amazon credit to appear.
  3. I just got my credit, but it's no longer there :(

[quote name='stoned99']I thought I had these preordered at GS, only to find out I didn't, but had my boys with me so I was forced to buy them at full price, but I plan on buying them from Amazon and returning the amazon copies to GS on Thursday. F.U GS for not giving me a discount !![/QUOTE]

No TRU around you (assuming you're getting both games)?

I had hoped that HeartGold/SoulSilver would go on sale around the time of the Black/White launch. Think it'll happen? Right now HG/SS cost more than the newly launched games!

[quote name='socash11']I had hoped that HeartGold/SoulSilver would go on sale around the time of the Black/White launch. Think it'll happen? Right now HG/SS cost more than the newly launched games![/QUOTE]
You can get HG or SS and White or black in the BOGO half off at toysrus.

Thats about the best your gonna get. Pokemon games stay msrp for a while.

[quote name='socash11']I had hoped that HeartGold/SoulSilver would go on sale around the time of the Black/White launch. Think it'll happen? Right now HG/SS cost more than the newly launched games![/QUOTE]

i think that is because it comes with the poke-walker peripheral

Considering it is a Nintendo game... No...

I missed out on HG when it was 19.99 at BestBuy, was hoping we'd see that again after a while.

Even if it comes with a Pokewalker, the current prices are less than appealing compared to the new games.

HeartGold and SoulSilver were both $27 shortly after launch on Amazon, then BestButy discounted both to $25, don't really remember when but it's sort of random. There will be temp. price drops, question is how long are you willing to wait.

Sam's Club might still have HG/SS for 29.99. You may not be able to access a Sam's Club, but I've PM'd them at Best Buy a few times without any issues. I picked one up from their B2G1 on games 29.99+ offer.

Grrrrr! My copy of Pokemon White STILL hasn't shipped. I pre-ordered it weeks ago! Still says it will be delivered on the 9th, but I'm not liking those odds right now.

[quote name='darkchild81']My copy of black shipped today with $15 credit. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Glad I preordered early.

Both B/W came today for me, yay for USPS actually delivering ahead of time for once instead of refusing to deliver and delaying my packages every time.

You guys that got prime shipping, are you paying for it? or is there some kind of deal or exploit to keep getting it for free?

It's hard to believe any self respecting CAG would pay $79 for that.

$79 over a year's worth of Amazon purchase for automatic two-day shipping (in my case) is cheap.

It depends on the volume of your orders, though. I know since having Prime, I've seen things that I kinda maybe sorta wanted (books, art books, etc), that I have bought instead of passed up on solely because I had access to free two-day shipping.

[quote name='RenoVatio']You guys that got prime shipping, are you paying for it? or is there some kind of deal or exploit to keep getting it for free?

It's hard to believe any self respecting CAG would pay $79 for that.[/QUOTE]

in the past it was easy to say 79 bucks isnt a bad deal, but now with them giving time to

AMAZON MOM 3 months
AMAZON student 1 year +
ect ect ect

its getting harder and harder to pay for a service that they love giving to other people for free.

the streaming movies and Tv shows makes the deal a little better but love to see them do

Prime alone for 59 or prime + streaming for 79 but doubt they will ever drop the price

too bad if you didnt spend xxxx a month you got a discount on prime as well

bread's done
Back