Pokemon Card Collection

swim83

CAG Newbie
Hey guys, I'm looking to sell my collection and was trying to get an idea of what it could be worth. I have well over 1500 cards with the base and jungle sets missing a couple cards each. I have all of the big stud cards from the originals, such as shadowless Charizard etc.

I know there isn't such a huge demand nowadays, but I hear kids are getting back into the newer cards which leads me to believe that there could be a rising demand for the originals.

Honestly.. shadowless doesn't seem to mean much now. 1st edition, yes. If it's mint. Most cards are worth next to nothing though, even if someone has them listed at outrageous prices, people aren't buying/bidding. I've seen a few Shadowless Charizard cards go for $5-10 bucks. The old cards are purely for value to collectors, they aren't legal in tournaments/most league play.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. It's crazy how people used to pay out the ass for singles, now they're almost impossible to sell outside of lots. Guess I'll throw them up in a lot on Craigslist or hang on to them

There seem to be plenty of shadowless, 1st edition Charizard single-cards selling for $200+ on eBay so you may want to rethink the Craigslist idea! (assuming yours is a 1st edition)

Just search completed listings for "Shadowless Charizard Pokemon Card" on eBay if you want to confirm.
There are a bunch of auctions that went for less, but they're some scammer selling random lots that promise the chance to get a Charizard card. Ugh.

[quote name='Gameboy415']There seem to be plenty of shadowless, 1st edition Charizard single-cards selling for $200+ on eBay so you may want to rethink the Craigslist idea! (assuming yours is a 1st edition)

Just search completed listings for "Shadowless Charizard Pokemon Card" on eBay if you want to confirm.
There are a bunch of auctions that went for less, but they're some scammer selling random lots that promise the chance to get a Charizard card. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Yea. First edition stuff goes for a boatload still... but non-first Shadowless seems to have tanked.

bread's done
Back