Pokemon DS for cheap. When and where ?

Caoz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm planning on buying the pokemon ds game (either one don't care which) and I'm thinking that for big blockbusters usually one of the big stores (online or off) has them for sale a like a month or so after their release. I remember that happening for the zelda for example ($38 shipping included at circuitcity.com).

So my questions is, for all of you that are experienced cag's, when and when are we going to see this for pokemon. If ever ?

Thanks.

Caoz

Circuit City had it on sale launch day for 27.99 and Fry's had it for 26.99 as well. I think your best bet is to now wait for the next GamePro coupon for $5 off a ds game or eBay.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']It will be a while. They sold 1 million copies in the US in 5 days at full price. They don't lower prices until sales start to slow.[/QUOTE]

You make a good point. Wii's install base has nothing to do with DS's. So maybe I was comparing oranges to apples. Still, I'm hoping I can get a sub $ 25 copy in the near future.

[quote name='Caoz']You make a good point. Wii's install base has nothing to do with DS's. So maybe I was comparing oranges to apples. Still, I'm hoping I can get a sub $ 25 copy in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Sub $25? You're probably dreaming.

$30 is possible right now, but I highly doubt $25 or less anytime soon.

I was in a Gamestop today that had both Diamond and Pearl used in pristine condition for 29.99. Debated picking them up but decided against it, being that I dont want to play them that badly and I didnt think they would resell that well. Couldnt believe someone traded in both of them already.

I'm going to have to agree that you're not going to find these for sub $25. For reference, the GBA versions Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald *never* dropped in price. Emerald still retails for $35.

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed that Nintendo still hasn't dropped Emerald to $20, because I want it so I can import the pokemon from those versions into Diamond, since I skipped Ruby and Sapphire and opted for FireRed for nostalgia reasons.

So I wouldn't bet on a sub-$25 price for a few YEARS.

Well I haven't played one since the gameboy color years. So I guess ebay/craigs will be the way to go for me. Thanks all for sharing the knowledge.

Caoz

You could check out http://www.familyvideo.com/. It is currently OOS, but was $30 before. There's a $5 coupon available for the first order for new members, and everything is $.99 shipped.

I've noticed that handheld games usually don't see any sort of price drop until the stores are clearing them from inventory, so I'd recommend taking advantage of the first deal you find.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']I spotted Pokemon Emerald for $20 at my local Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

*runs out to BB*

Seriously, I swear that shit is NEVER going to drop.

I got my copies for $22.99 each by forcing Best Buy to price match Circuit city, and then forcing them to give me the GGC on top of it.

I've done it 5 or 6 times, and they always let me have both the price match and the GGC (Eagan, MN store.. if anyone is curious)

[quote name='BattleChicken']I got my copies for $22.99 each by forcing Best Buy to price match Circuit city, and then forcing them to give me the GGC on top of it.

I've done it 5 or 6 times, and they always let me have both the price match and the GGC (Eagan, MN store.. if anyone is curious)[/QUOTE]

You are very lucky your local BB let you stack coupon with pricematch. I only got lucky at CC pricematching with BB coupon & get both of them for $22.49 each plus taxes ;)

bread's done
Back