Pokemon Ruby Sapphire trading problems GBA and GC

hobbes4444

CAG Veteran
Feedback
9 (100%)
So I have Ruby and Sapphire and I want to give my Swampert to my son to fight the Elite 4 battle in Sapphire. I have 1 GBA SP and 1 GC with the Gameboy player adaptor. I have 2 wireless adaptors, and I have a cable that connects the GBA SP and GC. But I can't seem to get into the trade section of a PC. I'm at the counter and it just says "please wait". Do the trades only work between 2 GBA SPs? Or is there some other requirement in Ruby and Sapphire that I'm not aware of? Please help!!

Thanks,
Dave

[quote name='SL4IN']I'm pretty certain trades have to be between 2 gameboys.[/quote]

hmm. so no GBA to GC then. Bummer. well i'll try the Pokemon box storage then. maybe i can take one pokemon out of ruby, put it into the pokemon box storage, and then take it out with sapphire hooked up. . . is that possible?

your gameboy player is as good as gba. You need a GBA to GBA cable, not GBA to gamecube cable.

But if you got pokemon box I assume it will work too.

well, it's all moot right now because when i hooked up my GBA SP to my GC with Pokemon Box, it said my Ruby saved file (which i saved 5 mins prior) was corrupt and the 37 f'ing hours i played that game were gone. . .

Even with the GBA player, you would need a GBA/GBA link cable. If you look, there's a port for that cable on the GBA player next to the slot for your game.

Pokemon Box might work... There are some restrictions built in about what pokemon you can take out. I think you need 100 guys in your pokedex before you can withdraw other people's pokemon from Pokemon Box. (You are always able to deposit and withdraw your own freely)

[quote name='yayece']Even with the GBA player, you would need a GBA/GBA link cable. If you look, there's a port for that cable on the GBA player next to the slot for your game.

Pokemon Box might work... There are some restrictions built in about what pokemon you can take out. I think you need 100 guys in your pokedex before you can withdraw other people's pokemon from Pokemon Box. (You are always able to deposit and withdraw your own freely)[/quote]

that't the piece i'm missing. i have 2 GBA>GC cables, but i don't have a GBA>GBA cable. I thought the wireless would work, but i guess not. well off to find one of those now. never ends. . .

oh yeah, i heard that the person withdrawing needs 100 in the pokedex as well. my son has over 100. i'm just hoping the saved file doesn't get f'd again. . .

bread's done
Back