Poker PLayers please read and respond

BigB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
You're playing Texas Holdem at a nine handed table, the blinds are 50-75 and the average chip stack is 2,500. You're on the button and the player from the first position raises to 375. There are four callers before it gets to you. You look down at 5,6 unsuited, do you call the raise or fold?

Well first off I'll say that the first player that raises $375 straight off the bat with an average stack of 2,500 is slightly overbetting their hand. So that indicates his hand probably isnt as strong he'd like you to think and he just wants to bluff everyone out of the pot before the flop. But its still not something to shaq-fu with either if all you have is a 5,6 unsuited. My guess is that the person that raised the $375 probably has a 10, 10 or J, J. But you never know. Crazy things happen. Its not to say you wouldnt beat the first person with your 5,6 unsuited but odds are you wont have a chance so fold.

Thank you Doyle Brunson

FOld. But if you are playing online some fools call no matter what they have and then end up getting a flop of 665. And your AA goes to shit

If the 5,6 were suited i'd stay around for the flop. But you must fold on that, the guy that raised probably has an Ace in his hand.

this is pretty easy. Fold. or call all in if you want to try to steal everything. But be prepared to walk out 30 seconds later.

I would fold, but I'm a cheap ass (who would have guessed ?). So I only play when I have something decent. Is there a point to this question ?

I was playing the other night and I raised from first position with pocket queens, just like I said in the OP. Five people called including the dealer. The flop came out J,9,5, all unsuited. I bet 400 and everyone folded except the button. The turn came nothing but a small card so I checked looking for a check raise, but he checked as well. The river showed another 5, which made me nervous so I checked. He bet 800 and I called. He flipped over 5,6 unsuited. Needless to say I was mad because I don't think he should have been in the hand in the first place. That's where the original question came from.

[quote name='BigB']I was playing the other night and I raised from first position with pocket queens, just like I said in the OP. Five people called including the dealer. The flop came out J,9,5, all unsuited. I bet 400 and everyone folded except the button. The turn came nothing but a small card so I checked looking for a check raise, but he checked as well. The river showed another 5, which made me nervous so I checked. He bet 800 and I called. He flipped over 5,6 unsuited. Needless to say I was mad because I don't think he should have been in the hand in the first place. That's where the original question came from.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that happened to you. But that is poker for you just when you think you have the upper hand with a higher pair some crazy thing happens that the smaller cards get paired more than your higher pair.

[quote name='BigB']I was playing the other night and I raised from first position with pocket queens, just like I said in the OP. Five people called including the dealer. The flop came out J,9,5, all unsuited. I bet 400 and everyone folded except the button. The turn came nothing but a small card so I checked looking for a check raise, but he checked as well. The river showed another 5, which made me nervous so I checked. He bet 800 and I called. He flipped over 5,6 unsuited. Needless to say I was mad because I don't think he should have been in the hand in the first place. That's where the original question came from.[/QUOTE]

Alot of it depends on how much you raised pre-flop and how much was in the pot when you bet out 400 after the flop. The fact that five people stayed in after your raise suggest to me you might not have raised enough in the pre-flop (a general rule of thumb is that if you have a strong preflop hand like a high pocket pair, you want to raise enough to go against only one player). You also definitely made the mistake of giving him a free card by checking at the turn; I would have bet at least the pot. High pairs tend to lose their value over the course of the hand since your opponents are more likely to improve their hand than you are.

me on the other hand was heads up with pocket 4s. I doubled the blinds and was called. The flop was 6, 4, 4. I checked and the other guy went all in. I called obviously and won with Quad 4s to his 2 pair of 10s and 4s. Winning myself 100 bucks.

Last night when I was playing Hold Em' with some friends. I had shit the whole night, down to about 30 chips, got pocket Aces, and got an Ace on the flop, won a shit load of chips with getting 2 guys to go all-in. Won 40 bucks last night, I

bread's done
Back