Banned
Type:

1 for Moderate
2 Conservative
3 Liberal
4 Neoconservative
5 Center-Left
6 Center-Right
7 I don't care much for the American Political system aka "I hate fucking labels"
8 Other (Communist Party, John Birch Society etc.)

Then explain why.

I consider myself a moderate. Why, mostly because I'm highly conservative when it comes to my fiances and economics, and certain elements of my personal life such as religion etc. But mainly do to my constitutional rights and civil liberties.

Why I consider myself moderate and not a drone neo Con is because I believe highly in personal freedoms of others, even through I may disagree with them with issues such as Abortion, euthanasia etc. I choose not to be a Libertarian because of the backwards core-beliefs that overwhelming all follow blindly.

what about you guys?

8. Voter Apathy Party

150px-Voter_Apathy_Party.JPG

[quote name='Rex_Banner']Type:

1 for Moderate
2 Conservative
3 Liberal
4 Neoconservative
5 Center-Left
6 Center-Right
7 I don't care much for the American Political system aka "I hate fucking labels"
8 Other (Communist Party, John Birch Society etc.)

Then explain why.

I consider myself a moderate. Why, mostly because I'm highly conservative when it comes to my fiances and economics, and certain elements of my personal life such as religion etc. But mainly do to my constitutional rights and civil liberties.

Why I consider myself moderate and not a drone neo Con is because I believe highly in personal freedoms of others, even through I may disagree with them with issues such as Abortion, euthanasia etc. I choose not to be a Libertarian because of the backwards core-beliefs that overwhelming all follow blindly.

what about you guys?[/QUOTE]
Why do we care about the political affiliations of the Corporate Automation Group?

[quote name='Strell']Cocks Anonymous Gangbang tends to hang to the left. And hard.[/QUOTE]

Cocks is the most underused word in the English language. I say it's time to bring it back.

British slang is so much cooler than our own. Say something like "don't cock it up" here and people look at you like you've just drowned a baby.

This forum is pretty slow, the thread where we already did this is probably on the second or third page or something.

[quote name='Strell']I cocked up smoking a f@g while we was tossin' about in me lorrie.[/QUOTE]

Great, now I need a new keyboard....and screen....and pants....

[quote name='Strell']Cocks Anonymous Gangbang tends to hang to the left. And hard.[/QUOTE]

I'm totally down with this group. We need a symbol to represent us. I expect one before the end of the day.

[quote name='docvinh']I'm totally down with this group. We need a symbol to represent us. I expect one before the end of the day.[/QUOTE]

i only have GIMP at work...

but ill see what i can do.

edit: i present Cocks Anonymous Gangbang

54015713.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Of all those, I guess 7. Although, I don't give a shit if anyone labels me. I don't believe anything anyone in any of the political parties say. Most of them are all full of shit, and in for it for the money, fame, and power. They say exactly what they think we want to hear. fuck em.

[quote name='Strell']Of all the available programs, GIMP seems the most counterproductive to this particular group.[/QUOTE]

i get it :joystick:

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']And you refuse to allow libertarianism as a choice. You're just like a ballot.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You of all people a Libretardian? Wow.

[quote name='budsmoka']Independent. I think for my self. The world is ever changing as am I and my ideals.[/QUOTE]

Um, no you aren't. Going by your other posts you are a hardcore extremist progressive. And not in a good way.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Um, no you aren't. Going by your other posts you are a hardcore extremist progressive. And not in a good way.[/QUOTE]

All of my ideals are independent from any type of political ideology.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Liberal, but not extremist. But further than center left by US standards.[/QUOTE]

well, you do live in the us so those are pretty good standards to use :applause:

I'm an 8.Old School Libertarian, i.e. Daoist Libertarian. I'm totally for the complete deregulation of most things however as part of it Corporations can only exist for 30 years, 35 if they're doing a Public Works project at the time. Corporations also must follow the charters they sign to become Corporations, such as being for the "Public Good". Under my system BP's charter would be revoked as they didn't serve the "Public Good". Something as narrow as only your shareholders interests then extrapolating that narrow bullshit to it helping the economy is NOT for the Public Good. By not following proper safety regulations, you ruin other complete sectors of business and also includes make the Commons a trash dump. I would argue you do immense harm to the Public and are a severe detriment to the Public Good.
Also in being as real to the Free Market as possible you can't use the government as a tool to ban your competition for all intents and purposes. You can see the ready example of Hemp getting banned because of Dupont creating Nylon and they were afraid of the competition so they cheated by getting government involved.
As for being an Absolutist Free Market when it comes to food I don't think our Founding Fathers or any big Free Market people of the day considered GMO's.

[quote name='Sarang01']I'm an 8.Old School Libertarian, i.e. Daoist Libertarian. I'm totally for the complete deregulation of most things however as part of it Corporations can only exist for 30 years, 35 if they're doing a Public Works project at the time. Corporations also must follow the charters they sign to become Corporations, such as being for the "Public Good". Under my system BP's charter would be revoked as they didn't serve the "Public Good". Something as narrow as only your shareholders interests then extrapolating that narrow bullshit to it helping the economy is NOT for the Public Good. By not following proper safety regulations, you ruin other complete sectors of business and also includes make the Commons a trash dump. I would argue you do immense harm to the Public and are a severe detriment to the Public Good.
Also in being as real to the Free Market as possible you can't use the government as a tool to ban your competition for all intents and purposes. You can see the ready example of Hemp getting banned because of Dupont creating Nylon and they were afraid of the competition so they cheated by getting government involved.
As for being an Absolutist Free Market when it comes to food I don't think our Founding Fathers or any big Free Market people of the day considered GMO's.[/QUOTE]

God, finally someone freakin' gets it, you know? People in general need to realize that we need to keep the government in check, and as far away from our civil rights and liberties as far as posible. When you have big government, you're going to run into the problems we have now. We're at a point in America where the government can read and trace every single form of electronic communication and we simply allow it. It pisses me off.

You did see I'm for safety regulations however but I suppose you realize the validity of my argument in the context it's presented. I'm also for having things as open as possible when it comes to product labeling. By this I mean you should have to list if the food you use for a product is GMO.

[quote name='Sarang01']I'm an 8.Old School Libertarian, i.e. Daoist Libertarian. I'm totally for the complete deregulation of most things however as part of it Corporations can only exist for 30 years, 35 if they're doing a Public Works project at the time. Corporations also must follow the charters they sign to become Corporations, such as being for the "Public Good". Under my system BP's charter would be revoked as they didn't serve the "Public Good". Something as narrow as only your shareholders interests then extrapolating that narrow bullshit to it helping the economy is NOT for the Public Good. By not following proper safety regulations, you ruin other complete sectors of business and also includes make the Commons a trash dump. I would argue you do immense harm to the Public and are a severe detriment to the Public Good.
As for being an Absolutist Free Market when it comes to food I don't think our Founding Fathers or any big Free Market people of the day considered GMO's.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Sorta. I like.

[quote name='budsmoka']All of my ideals are independent from any type of political ideology.[/QUOTE]

That may be true. But then your independent thoughts are extremely extremely progressive and fit well known ideologies whether you like it or not.

Like Stalinist progressive.

Oh yeah. Deregulation has worked so well for sooooooooooooooo many industries. If you happen to be at the top of said industry.

[quote name='thrustbucket']That may be true. But then your independent thoughts are extremely extremely progressive and fit well known ideologies whether you like it or not.

Like Stalinist progressive.[/QUOTE]

You mad that my moon colony is going to produce superior human beings then most of the ghetto people that live in the US? My colony will stress education and new ideas. We will be a direct democracy where qualified individuals will be able to write new laws and a group adult citizens will be selected at random to vote on them like jury duty.

People will be free to do as they wish as long as they don't violate anyone else's personal rights. By starting out small we will be able to meet everyones basic needs and we will grow our population at a slow rate as our technology advances to support more people. Our children will be raised to know that mankind's olds way of doing things on earth;murder,rape,slavery,racism and war are fruitless and the path towards self destruction. Our children will venture farther across the galaxy then we ever imagined.

[quote name='budsmoka']You mad that my moon colony is going to produce superior human beings then most of the ghetto people that live in the US? My colony will stress education and new ideas. We will be a direct democracy where qualified individuals will be able to write new laws and a group adult citizens will be selected at random to vote on them like jury duty.

People will be free to do as they wish as long as they don't violate anyone else's personal rights. By starting out small we will be able to meet everyones basic needs and we will grow our population at a slow rate as our technology advances to support more people. Our children will be raised to know that mankind's olds way of doing things on earth;murder,rape,slavery,racism and war are fruitless and the path towards self destruction. Our children will venture farther across the galaxy then we ever imagined.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Got some really good weed this week I take it?

Extreme progressivism almost always leads to one or all of the following three things when it comes to dealing with the "undesirable" portion of the population:

Round them up
Breed them out
Exterminate them

Or some other form of Eugenics

The reason I label you so, is because I believe you would be an advocate of one or more of those things with those you feel don't live like you think they should or you disagree with.

[quote name='Strell']Oh yeah. Deregulation has worked so well for sooooooooooooooo many industries. If you happen to be at the top of said industry.[/QUOTE]

Deregulation works pretty well when corporations can't use the government to get advantages or punish competitions - which is pretty much Business 101 in today's America.

Again, it works AWESOME if you are a CEO, or on the board of directors. But being a customer just means higher prices, more giant mergers, less competition, less impetus for innovation, etc.

But what do I expect from a group of people swindled into the idea that they, too, one day will be massive CEOs, so let's vote for assraping deregulation now so that when that happens in never-hundred-years, they too will be able to enjoy the benefits of a system designed to kill any progress or promotion necessary to advance to the level where deregulation benefits them?

You guys are all agreeing to a system that just hurts you for decades before you could even hope to have it work for you. It would be like buying thousands of eggs to store in the basement because you thought they'd increase in value two decades later, instead of just smelling like shit.

My college tuition shot up 40% after deregulation. Every student knew it would happen. The student board went directly to the president and his board and said "please don't do this." The administration ran a huge campaign assuring students that prices would not go higher and that we could enjoy benefits like new facilities and so forth. They spent our money to tell us "we won't increase your costs" and that "this would help every student." So when they passed it with virtually no dissension in their own ranks and collected their higher paychecks, me and thousands of other kids - now facing a shitty economy at the hands of these very tactics - got to foot the bill.

What's more ironic is that my uni's president was Robert Gates. Yes, the current defense guy. Guess they wanted him to work his magic there too.

You propose a system you admit is broken, and say "that's ok, if it wasn't broken, it would be great." Awesome logic.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Wow. Got some really good weed this week I take it?

Extreme progressivism almost always leads to one or all of the following three things when it comes to dealing with the "undesirable" portion of the population:

Round them up
Breed them out
Exterminate them

The reason I label you so, is because I believe you would be an advocate of one or more of those things with those you feel don't live like you think they should or you disagree with.

As long as able bodied people were productive and lived a healthy life I could care less about them disagreeing with me. All criminals and the like would be exiled back to earth. Outsiders would be welcomed if they were productive and looking to work towards the common good of mankind.

Deregulation works pretty well when corporations can't use the government to get advantages or punish competitions - which is pretty much Business 101 in today's America.

Damn Canada withs its tight banking regulations and superior economy.

[/QUOTE]

In bold

Regulation is needed for sure IMO. The tricky part is getting it right as too much regulation can be just as harmful for the economy as too little regulation.

The key is to find the balance that allows stable growth, minimizes collapses of major organizations and loss of retirement investments etc., without stifling growth.

A totally free (or even underregulated) market would fall by greed--as proven by all the things that led to the 2008 melt down from greedy companies taking absurd risks and costing millions of investors there retirement savings and nearly tanking the global economy. But at the same time, you don't want to stymie economic growth so people retirement accounts don't grow either.

There just needs to be a rigorous system in place to monitor and tweak regulations etc. and try to keep the balance as well as possible.

[quote name='Strell']Again, it works AWESOME if you are a CEO, or on the board of directors. But being a customer just means higher prices, more giant mergers, less competition, less impetus for innovation, etc.

But what do I expect from a group of people swindled into the idea that they, too, one day will be massive CEOs, so let's vote for assraping deregulation now so that when that happens in never-hundred-years, they too will be able to enjoy the benefits of a system designed to kill any progress or promotion necessary to advance to the level where deregulation benefits them?

You guys are all agreeing to a system that just hurts you for decades before you could even hope to have it work for you. It would be like buying thousands of eggs to store in the basement because you thought they'd increase in value two decades later, instead of just smelling like shit.

My college tuition shot up 40% after deregulation. Every student knew it would happen. The student board went directly to the president and his board and said "please don't do this." The administration ran a huge campaign assuring students that prices would not go higher and that we could enjoy benefits like new facilities and so forth. They spent our money to tell us "we won't increase your costs" and that "this would help every student." So when they passed it with virtually no dissension in their own ranks and collected their higher paychecks, me and thousands of other kids - now facing a shitty economy at the hands of these very tactics - got to foot the bill.

What's more ironic is that my uni's president was Robert Gates. Yes, the current defense guy. Guess they wanted him to work his magic there too.

You propose a system you admit is broken, and say "that's ok, if it wasn't broken, it would be great." Awesome logic.[/QUOTE]
This would be why we had charters for corporations.

[quote name='Clak']To think i was just reading this earlier.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2012168540_canecon21.html?syndication=rss[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dmaul1114']
A totally free (or even underregulated) market would fall by greed--as proven by all the things that led to the 2008 melt down from greedy companies taking absurd risks and costing millions of investors there retirement savings and nearly tanking the global economy. [/QUOTE]
You know what really caused the financial collapse of 2008? The Federal Reserve, and the fraud based banking system that we have today. Banks are allowed to commit open fraud by taking people's money and leveraging it out up to ten to one. (If I were to do that I would be sent to jail for counterfeiting.) And if that isn't enough money, they can get very low interest rate loans from the Fed, and then either leverage that some more, into what they want, (derivatives, loans, whatever), or loan it to the government at a higher rate, and get free money. Nevermind the fact that banks shouldn't be able to become investment houses, (Glass-Steagall existed for a reason,) you still have a system based on duplicity.
The key is to find the balance that allows stable growth, minimizes collapses of major organizations and loss of retirement investments etc., without stifling growth.
The only way that you avoid a boom-bust system is by creating a monetary system where the monetary supply cannot be artificially expanded at someone's whim.

[quote name='Strell']Oh yeah. Deregulation has worked so well for sooooooooooooooo many industries. If you happen to be at the top of said industry.[/QUOTE]

Did you even READ what I said?! DAOIST Libertarian! I believe in the Balance hence why I mentioned those safeguards and counterbalances. In case you haven't noticed those have been removed nowadays.

Also those only apply to LLC's because of the limited liability circumstance. If the liability is on you, no limited liability, I think your business should be able to exist as long as it wishes given the substantial risk you're taking on. Obviously Corporations do not so they should not be able to last forever. As it stands now, because those safeguards I mentioned earlier aren't up these multi-national's seem to resemble CANCER more then anything.

edit: I forgot to mention one of the thing's I also believe in is no mergers. Mergers weren't allowed back then either. Also let's be honest, almost NO ONE benefits from mergers. I mean the average person that WORKS for a living. All it does is see half or a little less then half of that workforce out of a job.
Instead of merging it encourages those businesses to either be more conservative in expansion which is not necessarily a bad thing themselves or they create their own infrastructure out of the expansion. Neither of those are terribly bad things to happen. As it stands I'd argue because of mergers we don't have the infrastructure as kept up to date as it should. I'll grant you most of the huge things like the Interstate and Internet were heavy in Military funding.

bread's done
Back