POLL: What Will YOU Do About the DS Lite 6 Months After Launch?

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Just curious to see what people will be doing once the DS Lite becomes available in their neck of the world.

I'm giving my DS to my mother and buying a DS Lite when I get to Japan. WOO for Ice Blue!

A whole lotta nothing. The only game I want anytime in the near future is New Super Mario Bros., and I'm not buying a new system just for that. If nintedo or anyone else announces anything that I can't live without at E3, then i might pick one up. Right now the coming soon list on ebgames.com is really sparse.

Giving my current DS to my brother for early Christmas present. Plan on getting Lite first day, and unless prices go over $175 on eBay if there is a shortage, I plan on keeping it.

Where's the Have DS - Buying DS Lite option? Although I'm just gonna be returning my DS to EB and hopefully getting a Lite out of it. If they won't give me a lite, I guess I'll have a brand new DS.

[quote name='Genocidal']Where's the Have DS - Buying DS Lite option? Although I'm just gonna be returning my DS to EB and hopefully getting a Lite out of it. If they won't give me a lite, I guess I'll have a brand new DS.[/QUOTE]

I had considered that option, but didn't think anyone would actually do it. Ooops! :whistle2:?

Is there any way that I can change the options for the poll? I can't seem to find it...

I'll get it when they bring the black or blue ones to america

I have no DS and I'm getting the lite. I have 4 games already (Nintendogs, Phoenix Wright, and Trauma Center [Meteos is on the way :)]) so I can't wait for June 11. I bought the deal this morning, but then cancelled it. I was going to give the old DS to my fiancee, but she won't admit that she likes it so there's no point!

I had a regular DS earlier this year with a couple dead pixels and I returned it after hearing that the DS Lite would be coming out relatively soon. So I have a Best Buy gift card waiting to be spent on a DS Lite as soon as it comes out.

[quote name='2poor']I intend to buy a ds after a new color is anounced at e3.[/QUOTE]

if its annouced...

Nintendo wants to get as many ds lites (white) out there on june 11th. if they announce other colors to come out on another date then they will lose out

my gut feeling is that they mention nothing about other colors

You missed the 'Buying a DS from someone looking to upgrade to the Lite' option. From the popularity of the 5th option here that might not be all that hard to do.

I'm toying with the idea of buying a DS for a long trip I have coming up this summer. Not sure at this point. I'd go with the Lite unless the original is significantly cheaper.

[quote name='slidecage']will just return the DS to best buy and exchange it for a DS lite by xmas[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that, actually. As the DS and DS Lite are technically two different machines and costs more (not like new models of the PS2 excluding fat-to-slim) would Best Buy still accept the trade in under their warrenty policy?

Don't have a DS and I will definetely get one when it is available :D
I have 5 games sitting at home waiting for it~

I put "No DS, Not Buying DS Lite"

I had a DS once, but the games didnt keep me interested so I sold it. I may one day buy one again, but not anytime soon.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I have one, and will buy the lite in addition to it. That thing is crispy.[/QUOTE]

If by crispy you mean the condition your skin will turn due to the "Powerful as Sun" brightness level, then I'll have to agree w/ you.

I don't have a DS (I sold mine after it broke) and I'm getting a Lite on day one over here. I actually like the pearl white, for some reason, so I'm not waiting on any new colors.

I keep thinking that I'm not that big of a fan of getting a white handheld system, then I look at the pictures of the pearl white DS Lite and it looks incredibly slick in my opinion, white wouldn't have been my first choice without seeing it, but after seeing the pictures I was sold on white.

[quote name='asianxcore']there wasn't an option for it.

but I'll be keeping my original DS I bought and still buy the DS lite.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you.

I just completely paid for my Lite at EB a little while ago, sold my old DS to a guy I know from the PA forums.

Now I play the waiting game.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Of course, it's the only way to go. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm glad the white one will be available in the U.S. (not that I'm surprised). Those darker one show scratches too easily.

I don't have a DS. My eyes have always had a hard time seeing the screens on the GBA/Original DS.

I'm going to pick up the DS-Lite as soon as there is confirmation the Opera web browser will be available in the US. Not being a big handheld player it needs the web browser for me to drop the cash on it.

If anyone finds out more info on the Opera browser drop the links in here please.

My kids both want the DS. They waited a little too late to ask for Christmas 05. So, I'll be buying two this year. Hopefully the DS lite will have more colors available in the US by then.

I changed my mind completely. I was in EB today, and an employee had an imported white DS. After playing with it I HAVE to have one. I reserved one while in the store.

[quote name='rodeojones903']A whole lotta nothing. The only game I want anytime in the near future is New Super Mario Bros., and I'm not buying a new system just for that. If nintedo or anyone else announces anything that I can't live without at E3, then i might pick one up. Right now the coming soon list on ebgames.com is really sparse.[/QUOTE][quote name='rodeojones903']I changed my mind completely. I was in EB today, and an employee had an imported white DS. After playing with it I HAVE to have one. I reserved one while in the store.[/QUOTE]That's a pretty big leap. :lol:

I have some DS games that I never play anymore... if ebgames/gamestop have a somewhat decent trade-in / upgrade offer (i.e., old DS + 3 DS games = DS Lite), I'll be all over it.

I can't wait to pick up the DS Lite... I've only played the DS for 5 minutes on a store kiosk... I feel like I will have a lot of catching up to do...

Alright - can a mod add the option "Have DS - Will Keep it and Buy DS Lite" cause I can't seem to find that option to modify the poll.

I have 2 DS's and will buy a DS Lite. I might get rid of 1 of them depending on what I think of the Lite. It really doesn't matter though....The DS is such a wonderful system and it probably gets the most play time from me at this point more than any other system...so I know it will be worth it.

bread's done
Back