Poor performance with new N adapter

jdsti

CAGiversary!
Just wondering if anyone else has seen what they feel is poor performance from the new N adapter. I never had the offical G adapter since I used a Linksys G adapter, but I would say that I had better performance from the linksys than the N adapter. I never remember it taking so long to load netflix.

I remember hearing something about if your going to use N all of your devises should be on N because of a compatibility glitch it's experiencing. Do you have some G devices running?

Try turning the G devices off to see if your still having the issue with the 360. This might help determine if there is an issue with the G devices being on your network. I hope this isn't the case as that would suck if you couldn't use them at the same time.

It doesn't matter. Unless you have a dual band n router that hosts 2.4 & 5 ghz networks, your network will perform based on the worst connection. Your speed instantly cuts in half if you attach a G device onto an N network.

I heard the official wireless adapters were a little on the junky side in terms of range and quality of the signal (especially for the price Microsoft charges them at.) I found it more cost effective to just buy another wireless router and hook that up to the xbox 360. Additionally, that specific wireless router can also be used as a wireless extender. (Installing dd-wrt on that thing will also give you an assortment of options for your network as well)

But yeah, fallback to your old adapter and see if the problem persists.

bread's done
Back