PoP: The Forgotten Sands (or Suckfest 2010!)

Frankski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Man, I haven't been as disappointed in a video games as I have been with the latest Prince of Persia game. It's too late in the evening for me to fully rant, so I will try to organize my thoughts and put them to paper tomorrow during the day. I wanted to stat generating some hate-filled discussion.

Seriously? I thought it was significantly better than the last piece of shit that they put out.

It only took me about 5 hours to beat it- but i was entertained through out.

Granted- i would have been disappointed if I had paid more than $16 dollars (and not flipped it back to amazon for $18 a few days after beating it)

it was meh, but ive played a lot worse. least this time around, you actually controlled your character instead of pushing 1 button and basically watching the game play itself.

[quote name='8bitArtist'] least this time around, you actually controlled your character instead of pushing 1 button and basically watching the game play itself.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I hated the last game because I figured out that I wasn't actually controlling the game very early on. Then the game kind of became a pretty background for me to stare at while I watched the game do whatever it wanted to do.

I had no problems with PoP:FS (aside from the story sucking). The graphics were solid, the controls were great (best pole jumping controls ever, IMO), the pacing was excellent, and the fighting system was fun.

I really don't see why everyone rags on it.

I enjoyed it a lot, but then again, I rented it. It was over in five or six hours. It was pretty fun and the puzzles made me think a little bit (the water stuff). It reminded me a lot of Sands of Time, which isn't a bad thing.

I can't understand the hate for this game at all - I loved it!

Last week I played through Warrior Within (which I mostly hated) and The Two Thrones (great stuff) on my BC PS3 before tackling The Forgotten Sands (because I figured it'd be hard to go back to the PS2 graphics after playing the HD game). While the game was quite easy and fairly short, I had a lot of fun with the new powers and it earned me another Platinum trophy.

Granted, I only paid ~$12 so I feel like I got more than my money's worth.
If you paid $60 I suppose I can understand your grief...

[quote name='nbballard']Seriously? I thought it was significantly better than the last piece of shit that they put out.

It only took me about 5 hours to beat it- but i was entertained through out.

[/QUOTE]
I agree with this in every way.

bread's done
Back