Portal 2 gamestop deal $5 off + bots

schaft0620

CAGiversary!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/17/gamestop-offering-5-off-custom-bots-for-portal-2-preorder/

"The retail chain is offering both a $5 discount on the Aperture Science training program emulator as well as the chance to get two exclusive "custom bots" for the multiplayer co-op portion of the game if you preorder with them."

don't forget about the pre order any game get 50% off used games deal going on + you can stack that with the free shipping and the edge card (see gamestop threat for the codes)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Valve's game. An eventual Steam sale, not too far from its release date, will have this game for $15 or less.
Based on the trailers and news co-op seems great, but this isn't game you would come back after you beat it so this might have weak points on re-playability.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']This is Valve's game. An eventual Steam sale, not too far from its release date, will have this game for $15 or less.
Based on the trailers and news co-op seems great, but this isn't game you would come back after you beat it so this might have weak points on re-playability.[/QUOTE]

You're naive to think that Valve is going to discount a $50 game to $15 or less "not too far from it's release date."

I like how you can also comment on the game, when nothing has been shown outside of trailers. When you've played it, feel free to comment on how much replayability this game has, but until then you're talking out of your ass.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You're naive to think that Valve is going to discount a $50 game to $15 or less "not too far from it's release date."

I like how you can also comment on the game, when nothing has been shown outside of trailers. When you've played it, feel free to comment on how much replayability this game has, but until then you're talking out of your ass.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said it's based on the trailers and news. I didn't say anything it will be, but might be. But yes, we will never know about the game until the game actually gets a review or more details about it.
And there were always sales like that on $50 Valve games, limited to PC versions.

I'm not against the game. In fact, I'm really looking forward to it after I saw that Wheatley trailer, but I just wanted to inform people who would be willing to wait and what would they be going through and what they would get.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']This is Valve's game. An eventual Steam sale, not too far from its release date, will have this game for $15 or less.
Based on the trailers and news co-op seems great, but this isn't game you would come back after you beat it so this might have weak points on re-playability.[/QUOTE]

I don't know much about steam but if you are going to play this on consoles there is no way this game is going to be $15 at any point next yea, this game might even contend for game of the year

[quote name='schaft0620']I don't know much about steam but if you are going to play this on consoles there is no way this game is going to be $15 at any point next yea, this game might even contend for game of the year[/QUOTE]

That's true. The console version would unlikely to drop to $20.
If you have both consoles, I suggest you to keep on eye on buying the PS3 version.

PS3 version will have Stemworks integrated, which means it will let you play co-op with your Steam friends, but we need to be careful because they might have technical issues such as frame rates.
I'm not saying Orange Box PS3 will happen, but we should be careful because no one knows how well the technical team in Valve would handle it on the PS3 version.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']That's true. The console version would unlikely to drop to $20.
If you have both consoles, I suggest you to keep on eye on buying the PS3 version.

PS3 version will have Stemworks integrated, which means it will let you play co-op with your Steam friends, but we need to be careful because they might have technical issues such as frame rates.
I'm not saying Orange Box PS3 will happen, but we should be careful because no one knows how well the technical team in Valve would handle it on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info will do

You are out of your mind. The original portal wasnt even a full game and it sucked tons of hours out. Mostly the advanced maps and "challenges."

Not to mention that I played 360 version but on a PC? Custom made maps will give it tons of replay value.

Portal 1 came out of nowhere, but Portal 2 is going to be one of 2011's best games (i know its stupid and sounds fanboyish, but its going to be HUGE)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']You are out of your mind. The original portal wasnt even a full game and it sucked tons of hours out. Mostly the advanced maps and "challenges."

Not to mention that I played 360 version but on a PC? Custom made maps will give it tons of replay value.

Portal 1 came out of nowhere, but Portal 2 is going to be one of 2011's best games (i know its stupid and sounds fanboyish, but its going to be HUGE)[/QUOTE]

Oh right, I forgot about the user-made levels.
Did Valve allow users to create levels for Portal 1?

I am in total shock that Gamestop is not only offering a discount on a PC game, but a pre-order bonus as well. Still, I love Valve, and I imagine I'll be buying directly from them - how could they not offer something kickass for this game on Steam?

This deal is 360 & PC only. Go to Gamestop.com - look up Portal 2. PC / 360 are reduced $5 and it says "price reduced." No dice with the PS3 version.

Weird - you go to the page and it says its price will be reduced - it just doesn't display that reduction as it does with the 360 / PC versions.

bread's done
Back