Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, SOCOM 4 - Deal Roundup

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here's a deal roundup on this week's big releases. These below offers may end anytime, likely on Tuesday.

[IMG-R=5838]22187[/IMG-R]Portal 2
iconamazon.gif
$59.99 + $15 credit at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$59.99/$49.99 + $10 gift card + $10 RZ points at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Custom skins for Atlas & P-body co-op play at GameStop#
kmart.gif
Spend $40/get $15 ($120/$60)* + $10 off $20 XBLM or PSN card
icontoysrus_r1.gif
$15 gift card with Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat purchase, buy both, get a $50 card at Toys R Us
iconwalmart_r3.gif
$20 gift card at Walmart

Originally Posted by Ionotropic View Post
Just droppin in to say DO NOT BUY the Mortal Kombat guide by Primagames. It is incomplete and full of errors, and all Prima did was put out a PDF to fix it instead of issuing a recall and doing a reprint.

http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/...#comment-69008
FYI, you can see the errata and download a free PDF with character cards including move sets here.
http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/04/19/mkcards/?ref=primaflash&name=mkcards

[IMG-R=5838]22188[/IMG-R]Mortal Kombat
iconamazon.gif
$54.99 + $10 credit + Reptile Klassic at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$10 gift card + Subzero Klassic at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Scorpion Klassic at GameStop#
kmart.gif
Spend $40/get $15 ($120/$60)* + $10 off $20 XBLM or PSN card (if you buy MK + Portal 2 + a $20 PSN card, the PSN card will be discounted twice and so be free)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Kitana Klassic + $15 gift card with Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat purchase, buy both, get a $50 card at Toys R Us BE AWARE $15 GIFT CARD EXPIRES 4/23/11!!
iconwalmart_r3.gif
$10 gift card + Mileena Klassic at Walmart

[IMG-R=5838]22189[/IMG-R]
SOCOM 4
iconamazon.gif
$57.99 + $10 credit at Amazon
iconbestbuy.gif
$10 gift card + save $30 when purchased with Killzone 3, GT5 or LBP2 at Best Buy
icongs_r1.gif
Exclusive Abandoned Map at GameStop

*Kmart's spend $40 on gaming software, get $15 in gaming coupons (spend $120, get $60) promotion is valid on all gaming titles through Saturday.
#Gamestop has a 1,000 pt. reward on their Powerup Rewards Site LAUNCH WEEK ONLY for a coupon that gives you 50%/60% extra trade-in credit when trading in towards Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='henhowc']Amazon price dropped to 56.99.[/QUOTE]
Asked if I could get a price adjustment. I will be getting a $3 refund within 3 days. Thanks, Amazon!

Can I go in-store to a best buy today and pick up P2 for the $45 plus 10 gift card, or was that online/preorder only? Sorry, I've heard some conflicting posts elsewhere.

[quote name='alangst']Can I go in-store to a best buy today and pick up P2 for the $45 plus 10 gift card, or was that online/preorder only? Sorry, I've heard some conflicting posts elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I can't find where this was advertised at all. Circular is $59.99 and online is $54.99. Was hoping to get it for that price as well!

[quote name='trabbahabba']I can't find where this was advertised at all. Circular is $59.99 and online is $54.99. Was hoping to get it for that price as well![/QUOTE]

Yeah, they changed the price, it was $44.99 last night, looks like I'll have to wait a few months for Portal 2 to drop, same with MK but I was already planning to wait on that one.

Just a heads up: Amazon dropped MK by $4. You still get Reptile and (for the time being) you still get the $10 for ordering + free MK movie rental. Just ordered and all that stuff came up on the order screen.

Toys r us had a gift card problem an gave me $50 off instantly on both games. mk and p2 They said they wont be able to fix the problem and would give $50 off instantly all day.

[quote name='samone']Toys r us had a gift card problem an gave me $50 off instantly on both games. mk and p2 They said they wont be able to fix the problem and would give $50 off instantly all day.[/QUOTE]
Damn if I could get a deal like that I'd be all over it.

[quote name='cficare']Just a heads up: Amazon dropped MK by $4. You still get Reptile and (for the time being) you still get the $10 for ordering + free MK movie rental. Just ordered and all that stuff came up on the order screen.[/QUOTE]

Still offering the $10 promo code is smart. It got me to rationalize using my $20 Portal 2 credit to buy MK this morning. Otherwise I might have waited......

The guy in front of me was having issues with TRU ringing up both games with the gift card... so they gave him an instant discount which came out to $65!

When they processed my order, it worked and I got the gift card. :( Still a great deal!

So does the PS3 copy of Portal come with an actual steam voucher? Since I'm not *that* interested in Portal, the prospect of selling a voucher to a friend is appealing.

Portal Kombat--getting both games in today-actually equally excited for both games-i think ill start with portal-or mortal k--just to check out kratos--decisions decisions.

$110 minus $30 amazon credit=$80 for both games save time, gas, and tax not bad. seems like a good deal to me. now time to be lazy and wait till 12:30 when my ups guy comes by.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the Toys Gift card details and saw that the 15 dollar card expires 4/23/11! What bs :D Make sure you spedn that quick CAGers.

does that $10 coupon in TRU gamers guide magazine work or valid today? i only heard it mentioned so i'll see if there's a stack out at my local tru.

still not sure where to get portal 2 and mk. i was thinking kmart, but i would rarely ever buy anything from kmart even with the $60 certificate.

thinking about tru since i'll likely spend there.

I tried my TRU, but they didn't have MK yet. So I grabbed an ad and walked next door to Best Buy. The manager tried to say they don't price match gift card offers, so I read their policy from the web to him and he relented. Even better, they had the Kollector's Ed of MK. Also, the way they rang up the Gift Card Price match resulted in me still getting the 2x $10 gift cards best buy was offering. I used a $60 GC I had from trading in B2G1 gamestop games to BB and walked out of the store with the Kollector's Edition, Portal 2 and $70 of gift cards for $106.

Amazon is still giving 20 dollar credit on Portal 2, just ordered the PS3 version with bonus Steam copy.

It should probably be noted that the kmart deal changed last minute to require membership in their rewards plan.

[quote name='JayFx2']does any know if the $50gc has an expiration date as well?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know too. I was planning to use it for LA Noire, but if it expires in a week, I'll get something else.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I'd like to know too. I was planning to use it for LA Noire, but if it expires in a week, I'll get something else.[/QUOTE]

Both the $15 and $50 GCs expire 7/31/11 according to the ad.

[quote name='tossin']Did anyone else get an extra $5 credit for Portal 2?[/QUOTE]
PC or console? Which place did you order it from?

The $10 MK coupon does work with the combined $50 giftcard at toysrus. $120 after tax with $50giftcard.

What's TRU's PM policy? Their website lists portal 2 for 49.99, in-store is 59.99.

At Kmart if you buy Mortal Kombat + Portal 2 + a $20 PSN card, the PSN card gets double discounted ($10 is taken off twice, once for MK and again for Portal 2) and ends up free. I'm not sure how that $10 discount works with a 1600 MS points card though since they're $19.99.

You also still get the $60 in coupons doing that and a Mortal Kombat T-Shirt for free if your Kmart has any.

I wish I would've read this thread before going down to Best Buy thinking I could pick up Portal 2 for $45. Oh well, I have a hell of a backlog anyway.

[quote name='FadeToOne']What is this magical MK coupon you guys are speaking of?[/QUOTE]
There's a free TRU game magazine/pamphlet that should be at your local TRU and in it there's a $10 coupon for Mortal Kombat.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Looks like Amazon upped PS3 Portal 2 to 59[/QUOTE]

Oh, good timing. I just ordered it an hour or two ago.

A pity I have bad timing, I wasn't positive if a friend of mine was gonna get it right away or not. Found out they were. :I

Was gonna wait on a price drop...not sure if I should tempt fate and see if Amazon will lower the ps3 price down to 55ish again. And if 5 bucks is worth tempting fate and losing the potential 20 dollar cred.

Infuriating that the 360 still has the preorder price (granted it doesn't have the pc version with it).

eh I bit not gonna tempt fate :I

The phrasing of the special offer makes it seem strange that credit and the 5 dollars off didn't go at the same time..eh

Long time viewer/lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to comment on how well I scored today and hope that the rest of you can manage as well.

I took the TRU ad to Best Buy to get the $50 gift card for purchasing both MK and Portal 2. What they ended up doing was just taking the $25 off each game. And after she rung it all up it gave the notification that each game ALSO came with $10 gift cards, 2 in total. AND on top of it all I still ended up getting the 500 bonus RZ points on both games which is $20 in itself.

Retail for both games : $120

$120 - 50 - 20 - 20 = $30

I think I managed pretty well. :) Anyways, figured I pass this along!

I went to best buy and I think they made a mistake on the price match.

Picked up:
SOCOM 4 Move Edition: $149 plus $10 gift card
Portal 2 PS3: $44.99 plus $10 gift card plus $10 Reward Zone
Killzone 3: $29.99

I was trying to get the $54.99 since it rang up $59.99 and they said $44.99 was on their website.

Total after tax was $240.72 - $20 in gift cards and $10 in reward zone = $210.72

[quote name='biledriver']It should probably be noted that the kmart deal changed last minute to require membership in their rewards plan.[/QUOTE]

That's been the case for the last few months so nothing changed "last minute". If anyone even accidentally glances in the K-Mart thread you can't miss it.

Ordered Portal 2 off Amazon. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it, but it was cheap enough to check it out, especially after the remarkable reviews I've read. Loved the first one, just didn't seem like the sequel could possibly be worth $60. $55 with a $20 gift card seems worth it, with the cool co op aspect.

[quote name='tossin']Did anyone else get an extra $5 credit for Portal 2?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Dunno why. Not going to complain. Had it pre-order forever.

$35 + $10 GC sounded like a great deal when I ordered it on Monday, till I got the email today saying that Portal 2 was back ordered and wouldn't be shipping to me for 1 to 2 weeks.

Grrr.

[quote name='Bubick']$35 + $10 GC sounded like a great deal when I ordered it on Monday, till I got the email today saying that Portal 2 was back ordered and wouldn't be shipping to me for 1 to 2 weeks.

Grrr.[/QUOTE]

Go to Best Buy and buy a copy (they must have some in-stock) and just return the online copy with the in-store receipt when it arrives.

[quote name='dino88']Go to Best Buy and buy a copy (they must have some in-stock) and just return the online copy with the in-store receipt when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

"I sense a great disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand voices were going to argue about something called 'return fraud' and then have their thread suddenly closed. I fear something terrible has happened."

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']"I sense a great disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand voices were going to argue about something called 'return fraud' and then have their thread suddenly closed. I fear something terrible has happened."[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:#

[quote name='dino88']Go to Best Buy and buy a copy (they must have some in-stock) and just return the online copy with the in-store receipt when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

You'd think that, except that at least the ones around me haven't gotten any in yet, including the one that told me my in-store pickup copy would be available yesterday. So now I'm sitting here wondering if it'll ever show up, or if I should just bite the bullet and buy it for $50. Infuriating that I could've had a $35 copy from Amazon in my hands yesterday, but instead I have to decide between waiting indefinitely or getting a more expensive copy. :(

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']"I sense a great disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand voices were going to argue about something called 'return fraud' and then have their thread suddenly closed. I fear something terrible has happened."[/QUOTE]

I hope you're joking, because for you not to see the difference would just be sad.

bread's done
Back