Portal 2 (PS3/360) $34.99 (PC) $29.99 - Amazon (still-ongoing from 04/30/11 DOTD)

[quote name='Jello1996']Meanwhile I'm still unable to find a deal 4 months after launch on Mass Effect 2 for PS3 which was technically already a year old game when it released.[/QUOTE]

same here that's why it's sales aren't $hit for PS3 yet but it'll drop to $40 or you'll see great deals when ME3 come out. There's also b2g1 I usually pick up titles that hold their price like this then.

I feel sort of bad because I was going to buy this at K-Mart but I had a $10 credit from MK and $25 gift card from my birthday. Sorry K-Mart, I will go buy some swifters though!

lol, I kept checking on this game yesterday to see if Amazon had matched Kmart. Went to sleep, and this is what I get. ps3 version sold out.

Still in stock for PS3 over at Kmart, it was a buck for shipping and a couple of bucks for tax. Ended up paying 38 total. Still better than going to Gamestop!

Dang, bought it on Gamestop yesterday for this price plus tax - wish I'd known Amazon would price match this promptly! GS are not letting me self-cancel, so I've emailed them and ordered from Amazon anyway - hopefully it'll work out. All for a measly $3 - damn I'm cheap.

[quote name='JJSP']It's a puzzle game with limited replay value. The price is going to drop like a rock. Love Portal, but it's not like people really play it over and over again once you've beaten it.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother!!! Let me know when it hits $20. It's like Bioshock, great story, unique game, ZERO Replay value. It dropped in price like a rock. Bioshock 2, well, you can get the CE for $30 at GameStop!

[quote name='dancingcrab']Dang, bought it on Gamestop yesterday for this price plus tax - wish I'd known Amazon would price match this promptly! GS are not letting me self-cancel, so I've emailed them and ordered from Amazon anyway - hopefully it'll work out. All for a measly $3 - damn I'm cheap.[/QUOTE]

Just return it at a store. End of story.

Very tempted by this one, but I've already got a backlog of stuff to work through, and I'm sure we'll see more deals on this one in the near future. Going to mull it over though.

[quote name='foreinter']which version should I get?[/QUOTE]

Almost everyone's getting the PS3 version because you basically get the PC version free with it, and then if you want you can turn around and sell the PS3 copy and basically get the game for just a few dollars.

I think Valve made sure the PS3 version was the better looking one (compared to 360) this time as well since they were hyping their Steam compatibility with it.

360 version's fine but you should only get it if you have no other option.

Damn, the PS3 version was out of stock quick. Tempted to go over to Kmart.com and order it, but I'm just afraid of it getting lost in the mail* and dealing with Kmart's customer service is probably not the same as dealing with Amazons.

*I live in a pretty ghetto area and have already had another package delivered, yet never received it, thankfully Amazon just over-nighted me another copy no questions asked.

Lol now the PS3 version is listed as $62.50 on Amazon.com + $3.99 shipping. Oh wait, that because its sold by gohasting.com...

In for 360. Sorry Kmart :( No tax, prime shipping = win. Free PC copy w/ PS3 would be nice, but I like achievements and I played the first portal on 360 so it feels more natural. Plus, I'd probably never play the PC copy.

Thanks OP.

Can someone use "Helping Hand" and mail me a Kmart ad?

I have a Wal-Mart Gift card I need to use and they're really picky on their "price match guarantee".
Please PM me if you can, thanks.

[quote name='supaman900s']PS3 Version is back in stock @ Amazon for $34.99 !!![/QUOTE]

Figures.... as soon as I order the 360 version thinking the PS3 won't come back in-stock. Even though it was only a few minutes ago, my game is already being prepared for shipment, so can't cancel it.

However, I just paid off Portal 2 on 360 with my Portal 2 credit + MK credit, making this copy completely free. So, I also just ordered a PS3 copy as well, and will just sell it once I export the PC copy.

[quote name='supaman900s']PS3 Version is back in stock @ Amazon for $34.99 !!![/QUOTE]

Thanks man! At first I thought you were just kidding because it was showing the gohastings $65 one for me still on the iPad app... Then I went to full site and BAM! in for one. I already locked in the PS3 trade in for $28. Blow through that then trade in and keep the PC version for $7! Thanks!

I had to use that last little bit on the credit card for this. I'm glad I didn't bite on Mortal Kombat. This is too good to pass up.

[quote name='SporkWielder']Very tempted by this one, but I've already got a backlog of stuff to work through, and I'm sure we'll see more deals on this one in the near future. Going to mull it over though.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same position you are.

Though I do have a $10 credit, so it would only make it $24.99... but would that then mean I'd have to find something for $0.01 for Super Saver Shipping?

whats the deal with portal 2? does the game suck? i feel like every retailer has it for less than $40 these days and it just came out! this is why i never buy games on release

What is amazons return policy on games with credit that got spent. I am thinking o returning the one I got and buying it at this point but have already spend the credit. Will they take 20 off the return for the promo credit they gave or charge me 20?

[quote name='topplehat']Can you currently get the pc version from the ps3 version while psn is down?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just read an article on IGN.com where PSN will be back up next week. Thank God! So you'll be able to redeem it next week.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I'm in the same position you are.

Though I do have a $10 credit, so it would only make it $24.99... but would that then mean I'd have to find something for $0.01 for Super Saver Shipping?[/QUOTE]

i dont think so. only if the purchase price is less than $25. you are actually purchasing the game for $34.99 and paying $10 with gc and rest with credit card or whatever else

[quote name='hle078']whats the deal with portal 2? does the game suck? i feel like every retailer has it for less than $40 these days and it just came out! this is why i never buy games on release[/QUOTE]

A lot of games have hit 40 fast in a sale a week or 2 after it's launched. Da2 crysis and homefront all did. Probably just retailers trying to sell as much as possible while it's new and still hyped.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']What is amazons return policy on games with credit that got spent. I am thinking o returning the one I got and buying it at this point but have already spend the credit. Will they take 20 off the return for the promo credit they gave or charge me 20?[/QUOTE]

Buy this one / wait for it to get here / return the new sealed one as your original purchase / choose unauthorized purchase for the reason / be happy!

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']What is amazons return policy on games with credit that got spent. I am thinking o returning the one I got and buying it at this point but have already spend the credit. Will they take 20 off the return for the promo credit they gave or charge me 20?[/QUOTE]They'll take the $20 off of the return:

[quote name='Amazon.com info about promotional codes']If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit. [/quote]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Nope, just read an article on IGN.com where PSN will be back up next week. Thank God! So you'll be able to redeem it next week.[/QUOTE]

Figured, thanks though. I will just coop splitscreen until then.

[quote name='Zaku77']Buy this one / wait for it to get here / return the new sealed one as your original purchase / choose unauthorized purchase for the reason / be happy![/QUOTE]

Do not listen to this nonsense.

Choosing unauthorized purchase would be the dumbest thing to do. The credit card companies do not like when you rip them off, especially when you're saying there was fraud involved, i.e. someone used your card without your consent. It raises a red flag on your account.

----

greatwhitecooley - if the launch price was $59.99 and you got $20 promo, you'd get $60-20-$5 (shipping) = 35. So no gain and not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update, jumped on it! Now I can play through Portal on Orange Box and know I have Portal 2 waiting.

[quote name='topplehat']Can you currently get the pc version from the ps3 version while psn is down?[/QUOTE]

Oh noes! I just thought about that! Argh. Most likely not. Apparently you have to link both steam accounts together...

THere might be a work around for this? Idk.

[quote name='confoosious']Do not listen to this nonsense.

Choosing unauthorized purchase would be the dumbest thing to do. The credit card companies do not like when you rip them off, especially when you're saying there was fraud involved, i.e. someone used your card without your consent.

----

greatwhitecooley - if the launch price was $59.99 and you got $20 promo, you'd get $60-20-$5 (shipping) = 35. So no gain and not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do the fraud and ya I was looking at that and considering I used sone old credit. It really isn't worth it.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I wouldn't do the fraud and ya I was looking at that and considering I used sone old credit. It really isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i wasn't implying you would do the fraud. just telling people not to listen to that guy.

paying $40 for portal2 is worth it. (although i'm only an hour or so into the game.)

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, i wasn't implying you would do the fraud. just telling people not to listen to that guy.

paying $40 for portal2 is worth it. (although i'm only an hour or so into the game.)[/QUOTE]
The single player was great but I got this to play through co op with my girl. Thankfully she finishes this week. We did run through the intro and she had a blast though.

Actually I retract my statement. I guess the cc company wouldn't get involved. I guess it'd fall under amazon unauthorized, not credit card unauthorized.

Either way, I wouldn't want Amazon to shut me out either. They own my soul.

Although I don't understand how an amazon purchase that gets sent to your house is unauthorized unless a kid logged into your account or something. I wonder how many "unauthorized purchases" you could make before amazon shut down your account.

bread's done
Back