Portal 2 [PS3 & 360] $39.99

Loved this game ( especially glados's song at the end ). I've been noticing since portal 2 came out that this and other third party releases released after it have been hovering around 40 $ since they came out ( brink, la noire, mortal kombat ) it makes me think think that I should wait to get a big 3'rd party release cause those games lately have had deals a week or 2 after they come out. I was going to pay off assassins creed this week but now I'm not so sure of I should

[quote name='choffy21']Isn't $40 basically MSRP at this point?[/QUOTE]

Though the msrp isn't officially 40 it might as well be, its been on sale every week for 40 since gamestop had that 40 dollar sale for it in April or may ( same with mortal kombat )

[quote name='strait edge follower']Loved this game ( especially glados's song at the end ). I've been noticing since portal 2 came out that this and other third party releases released after it have been hovering around 40 $ since they came out ( brink, la noire, mortal kombat ) it makes me think think that I should wait to get a big 3'rd party release cause those games lately have had deals a week or 2 after they come out. I was going to pay off assassins creed this week but now I'm not so sure of I should[/QUOTE]Lotta middle of the pack releases besides LA Noire fighting for your money not many are worth $60. But this works out great if you pick the best pre-order deal;

MK $30 in 2nd week of release using the TRU $10 off coupon
Portal 2 $35 on sale 2nd week of release
brink + LA Noire both $40 w/i 30-45 days of release
MK came with a $10 gc not sure if it had a $10 pre-order bonus too
portal 2 had a $10-$15 gc + $45 sale price online
brink had a $10 pre-order bonus
LA Noire had a $10 pre-order + $10 gc larger gc online I believe
I love it grab the game & pre-order goodies day 1 then pm to get the total out of pocket cost down while keeping the pre-order bonuses most games "value out" at $30-$40 on day 1.

It is strange how suddenly many games are failing to hold their initial price point for even a few weeks...

[quote name='guyblade']It is strange how suddenly many games are failing to hold their initial price point for even a few weeks...[/QUOTE]

only a handful of games this generation are worth $60, red dead redemption, cod games, and a few more....

nobody is willing to pay $60 unless its a gta game or cod

[quote name='gamer6587']only a handful of games this generation are worth $60, red dead redemption, cod games, and a few more....

nobody is willing to pay $60 unless its a gta game or cod[/QUOTE]

That's kinda sad once you think about it :/

It's great for us CAGs. I'm still waiting for a sale of Portal 2 to hit somewhere < $30 before I'll bite. Looking forward to the cross-platform co-op, but don't want to pay for it when it's so short.

[quote name='Double-J']It's great for us CAGs. I'm still waiting for a sale of Portal 2 to hit somewhere < $30 before I'll bite. Looking forward to the cross-platform co-op, but don't want to pay for it when it's so short.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Us cheap asses love us some price wars

bread's done
Back