Portal 2 (Xbox/PS3) $55 + $20 Amazon Credit

[quote name='palaeomerus']It sounds like it;s half and half. Supposedly the single player is about twice as long as the original portal and the coop is as long as the single player.[/QUOTE]

At PAX they said Single player is 2 to 3 times longer than Portal 1. Co-op is 2 times longer than Portal 1

I really just want the PC version. What do I do with the PS3 one after I get the free PC downlaod?

[quote name='M_A_C']I really just want the PC version. What do I do with the PS3 one after I get the free PC downlaod?[/QUOTE]

Sell it to someone who only cares about the PS3 version.

So what are the benefits to the PS3 version compared to the 360 again? I just don't like getting multiplatform games on PS3 and prefer them on X360 for some reason. If it's just an extra steam copy, I might go 360, as I don't think I'll need to play the game on multiple platforms.

Bit on the 360 version had Amazon credit so it was free, and will put the $20 towards Battlefield 3 and I only owe $20 on it. Awesome deal.

Ordered the PS3 version. I liked Portal, but I'm a little worried that I won't think this game is as awesome as a lot of reviewers seem to be thinking it is.

What is going to stop people from buying the PS3 version, registering it on PC, then selling the PS3 disc and still owning it on Steam?

Ordered on PS3. I had planned on buying it anyway, but getting it on Mac plus $20 Amazon credit is an amazing deal. I don't even care if the price falls, the first Portal is one of my favorite games ever and I want to support Valve.

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']So what are the benefits to the PS3 version compared to the 360 again? I just don't like getting multiplatform games on PS3 and prefer them on X360 for some reason. If it's just an extra steam copy, I might go 360, as I don't think I'll need to play the game on multiple platforms.[/QUOTE]

The benefit isn't just the PC copy...having it connected to Steam also means that the PS3 version will include the same sorts of additions and updates that the PC versions of many Valve games get for free. For example, the PC version of Portal has a new ending, added after release, that the console version does not. Then, there's the free DLC that otherwise costs money on Xbox360, though nothing as far as DLC has been promised yet for Portal 2 specifically that I know of.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Ordered the PS3 version. I liked Portal, but I'm a little worried that I won't think this game is as awesome as a lot of reviewers seem to be thinking it is.

What is going to stop people from buying the PS3 version, registering it on PC, then selling the PS3 disc and still owning it on Steam?[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of hype definitely, but for $5 off pllus $20 credit...it doesn't have to be mind-blowing.

[quote name='rainking187']Huh, I've never seen Amazon giftcards at a Target before.[/QUOTE]

Our store got them along with a Kindle display around the end of last year. As long as the Target location sells Kindles they usually sell $20 and $50 Amazon.com gift cards, as well. I can't even tell you how much money my discount has 'saved' me. ;) (I think I've purchased around 15 $50 gift cards in the last 3 months... yipes)

bread's done
Back