Portal: First Slice FREE for all Nvidia Gamers

T3kN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (83%)
If you have Steam, but dont have the Portal game yet you can get it NOW for FREE if you own a PC that runs Nvidia Hardware.

Go to http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/

It will detect your computer for Nvidia Hardware. Log into steam and start downloading Portal.
It also gives you Peggle Extreme, Half-Life 2 Death Match and Half-Life Lost coast for a free download as well.

Thank you NVIDIA!!:applause::applause::applause:
:D:D:D

cool, looks awesome!! Haven't got a change to get orange box, waiting for a price drop as I've already played HL2 and E1 on the PC.

I'm trying it but it won't work. It says I qualify for the offer, and I should, I have an 8600GT, but then it says I've already activated it on this account, which I definitely haven't since this offer is brand new and I haven't used Steam in over a week.

Edit - I now get a purchase error instead saying an unexpected error has occurred. Maybe they're trying to fix it.

Portal is a demo

Peggle Extreme seems to be the full version

Half-Life 2 Lost Coast is a short 1 level tech demo really that may not even run on your machine depending on your specs. And it's Half-Life 2 Deathmatch that comes with this, not the game itself. Still worth it though since it is free.

Now the offer just needs to work.

Just installed Steam, and the all four things are downloading, thanks OP! Well, not all of them are downloading, because it says its too busy, but Peggle finished and HL2: DM and Portal are supposed to be downloading... Wait, they are downloading, it just seems to be a hyge ass file, so the percentage does not go up fast.

Ahh, you're a PC gamer who didn't have Steam installed already? I already have all the games except Peggle but hoped to maybe give them as a gift. Didn't work though. (Steam let's you send an addtional copy of the game to a friend who also has Steam)

Just to clarify, Peggle Extreme is NOT a full version of Peggle (aka Peggle Deluxe). It's a 10-level version of Peggle with Valve game backgrounds and sounds.

[quote name='rapsodist']Just to clarify, Peggle Extreme is NOT a full version of Peggle (aka Peggle Deluxe). It's a 10-level version of Peggle with Valve game backgrounds and sounds.[/quote]
Still good :D

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']It's saying this offer has already been activated using a different account. Anyone else getting this?[/quote]
Yes, me too. I expect their servers are getting hammered. Hopefully that's all it is.

This is great! I wanted a demo of portal!!!

Thanks OP!!

That's harsh. I can't imagine being cut off and told to buy the full version-- when I play Portal, I have to play the whole thing at once :D

Thanks! I've been wanting to try out Portal for quite some time now... but felt the $20 price for such a short game unworthy of a buy.

Honestly, they could give you 3/4 of the game and it would still feel like a demo. The game only really picks up at that point, where you think you beat it but have a decent chunk left. I was surprised at how much more there was to the game when I thought it was over. That's last 1/4 of the game is pure gold though.

That robotic voice honestly makes the game worth it so much more than the portal puzzles concept. People will play through it just to hear the stuff she said that they might have missed. And I've never played a game before where you feel rewarded by the end credits.

Now I own The Orange Box, but I don't seem to have Half-Life 2 DM in my Steam account. Even though it's supposed to come with The Orange Box I may download this just to get that.

[quote name='Filbert']Now I own The Orange Box, but I don't seem to have Half-Life 2 DM in my Steam account. Even though it's supposed to come with The Orange Box I may download this just to get that.[/quote]
HL2: DM is actually not part of the Orange Box for some odd reason. If you want it, get in on this deal ASAP.

[quote name='Chronis']So, I don't have Steam... What is it? How big is it? [Other assorted qwuestions here][/quote]

go to steampowered.com
you can download it for free.
Get games delivered straight to your desktop with automatic updates and a massive gaming community.

[quote name='T3kN']o yeah, forgot to add HL2 DM, got it thanks.[/quote]

HL2: DM should actually replace HL2 in your OP. HL2 is not a part of this package, not even as a demo.

Slightly off topic, but if you like Peggle Extreme and want Peggle Deluxe, you can get it for $5 thru iTunes to play on the 3rd Gen Nano's.

[quote name='rapsodist']HL2: DM should actually replace HL2 in your OP. HL2 is not a part of this package, not even as a demo.[/quote]
thx again done

and yes there will be cake.

$20 for portal is a steal. The game is that good, length is a nonissue. It also runs very well on older machines. After beating it, you can spend another hour on youtube seeing creative ways other people beat it.

I wonder if this trial version allows you to play any of the custom maps people have created.

[quote name='Filbert']Now I own The Orange Box, but I don't seem to have Half-Life 2 DM in my Steam account. Even though it's supposed to come with The Orange Box I may download this just to get that.[/quote]
I've gotten into this argument with Valve before. Orange Box says it comes with Episode 1 that is worth $19.95. The Episode 1 package that costs $19.95 comes with HL2:DM.

They didn't budge. But now I've snagged it thx to T3kN

Gadzooks! Portal is awesome. Now I'm torn between buying Portal for $20 or buying the whole Orange Box for just $20 more. If I hadn't just blown $10 on the original HL 2 then this would be an easy choice. One question about Portal: Is anyone else getting major tearing on the walls in the environments? I'm running the demo at max and everything else looks great, but that tearing annoys me.

[quote name='Archon29']Gadzooks! Portal is awesome. Now I'm torn between buying Portal for $20 or buying the whole Orange Box for just $20 more. If I hadn't just blown $10 on the original HL 2 then this would be an easy choice. One question about Portal: Is anyone else getting major tearing on the walls in the environments? I'm running the demo at max and everything else looks great, but that tearing annoys me.[/quote]

Um, that tearing is called a portal. Just kidding. I'm not sure which kind of tearing you're experiencing. I did have a spot of trouble with tearing that was especially noticeable on the walls; enabling V-sync fixed it for me.

Is there an expiration date on this deal? I'm getting a new computer that actually has a video card in a few weeks, so it's going to have to wait.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Is there an expiration date on this deal? I'm getting a new computer that actually has a video card in a few weeks, so it's going to have to wait.[/quote]

I think the deals till maybe the end of the month, but im not sure.
Couldn't really find it in the fine print, maybe you should take a look through the link.

[quote name='Archon29']Gadzooks! Portal is awesome. Now I'm torn between buying Portal for $20 or buying the whole Orange Box for just $20 more. If I hadn't just blown $10 on the original HL 2 then this would be an easy choice. One question about Portal: Is anyone else getting major tearing on the walls in the environments? I'm running the demo at max and everything else looks great, but that tearing annoys me.[/quote]

Buy The Orange Box. Team Fortress 2 + HL2: Ep1 + HL2: Ep2 make it worth it. Especially TF2. You can gift HL2 to a friend.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Thanks! I've been wanting to try out Portal for quite some time now... but felt the $20 price for such a short game unworthy of a buy.[/quote]

TRUST ME, this game is worth 20 dollars hands down.

Also, downloading, it's a shame it's not full versions though. (Already had HL2: Deathmatch ^_^)

bread's done
Back