Portal on Steam for PC/Mac FREE until September 20th!

CrossFireXT17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Portal (the original) is FREE for everyone until September 20th as a way to advertise Valve's "Learn With Portals" program. To get the game and get more information visit the website here:
http://www.learnwithportals.com/

Intrigue. Engage. Inspire.

When we heard the buzz surrounding the new role video games are playing in education, we had to throw our hat in the ring. Today, innovative educators are finding ways to incorporate Portal™ and Portal 2 into their classrooms—helping teach physics and critical-thinking skills. It’s eye-opening to see how video games can be used in amazing and unexpected ways to help educate our next generation.
One of the biggest challenges in teaching science, technology, engineering, and math is capturing the students’ imaginations long enough for them to see all of the possibilities that lie ahead.
Using interactive tools like the Portal series to draw them in makes physics, math, logic, spatial reasoning, probability, and problem-solving interesting, cool, and fun which gets us one step closer to our goal—engaged, thoughtful kids!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the steam thread with a passion. I am glad its posted out here where the
can be seen in the title. The steam thread either needs to post the deals in the title of the thread, or people need to keep posting like this. It is easier for me to just check the steam store than go to the steam thread and find the current deal.

Thanks OP

[quote name='fyrflash1969']I hate the steam thread with a passion. I am glad its posted out here where the
can be seen in the title. The steam thread either needs to post the deals in the title of the thread, or people need to keep posting like this. It is easier for me to just check the steam store than go to the steam thread and find the current deal.

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
I agree with this, the steam thread seems more like a discussion thread. I too find it faster to just go to the store front to find out what is on sale. The thread is rarely updated and you have to dig through post just to find out anything. I would rather have deals posted like this, I own portal but I'll tell my friends that don't have it. Thanks op.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Don't be a prick.

Good find OP[/QUOTE]

His language was polite and you called him a prick. Don't be like that.

never would have seen it in steam deals/freebies threads..

thanks op :applause:

[quote name='Dead_Batteries']I can't get it to install...[/QUOTE]

same here...

yea I already had it so I couldn't obviously check it but yea my friends are saying same thing... sooo either a.) it was a glitch or b.) maybe it's a sale they're going to have later that just glitched? Who knows... hopefully will be able to be fixed though and stay free for everyone!

EDIT: And sorry for getting everyone's hopes up if it turns out to just be a glitch! ha

It is installing for me also i got it about 10% downloaded at the time of writing this. So i would try it again if it didnt work for you before. who knows maybe im lucky

If you missed it the last time they gave it away for free, you (literally) have no excuse this time. Portal is one of the most innovative and creative games ever made.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Your the one who needs to go away. He suggested the appropriate thread and was being polite.[/QUOTE]

While I definitely don't condone the douchery coming from this thread, Which thread is appropriate is arguable.

Kudos to the OP. Of all the orange box games, Portal is the only one I want to play.

I'm downloading it now, thanks OP.

I don't know why since when I played it before it gave me motion sickness...

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']While I definitely don't condone the douchery coming from this thread, Which thread is appropriate is arguable.

Kudos to the OP. Of all the orange box games, Portal is the only one I want to play.[/QUOTE]

Well its a huge Steam thread containing all the Steam related deals, sounds appropriate to me. If we posted individual threads for steam related deals this website might as well change the name to Cheap Steam Gamer. Master thread exists for this precise reason but if people want to post individual threads then go for it just dont be a dick when reminded of the main thread.

[quote name='iRandom']It's linked or associated with my account now so I shouldn't have any problem downloading it in the future right?[/QUOTE]

Right.

[quote name='iRandom']It's linked or associated with my account now so I shouldn't have any problem downloading it in the future right?[/QUOTE]

Who knows. They have a really robust system in place. If they can revoke mass amounts of game licenses from accounts (e.g. duplicate Dead Island keys accidentally given out by GMG), there's a good chance they can do the same in this case. I hope not, though. :pray:

We have a free section for free stuff, you know that right?

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Don't be a prick.

Good find OP[/QUOTE]

He didnt curse, wasnt rude, wasnt mean, and didnt call names like you did. So who is the real prick here?

Registered to my account, thanks! I wouldn't have seen it because I'm not a fan of those compilation threads.

bread's done
Back