Positive repping other people?

CENNY

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there some way to give positive rep or something similiar to a CAGer who helps you out with a good game deal or whatever?

I've gotten a lot of cheap deals from this place, just wondering if there's a way to show some love...

There is a rep system built into this forum software, but I've disabled it.

I don't think it adds very much to the community. If you are an active member here, you already know who is helpful and who is not. A number or score is not necessary.

I'm open for discussion on the matter though.

[quote name='CheapyD']There is a rep system built into this forum software, but I've disabled it.

I don't think it adds very much to the community. If you are an active member here, you already know who is helpful and who is not. A number or score is not necessary.

I'm open for discussion on the matter though.[/QUOTE]

I'm personally for it. Its a good way to "reward" people for posting good deals. I know its something stupid, but I know some people on SD will try and be the first person to post a deal just to get some rep.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I've never liked rep systems. No need to make this forum any more a popularity contest than it already is.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I've never liked rep systems. No need to make this forum any more a popularity contest than it already is.[/QUOTE]

This.

The forum already has enough circle-jerks, we don't need more.

win, lets not add a rep system

[quote name='CheapyD']There is a rep system built into this forum software, but I've disabled it.

I'm open for discussion on the matter though.[/QUOTE]

And please don't change it. We don't need that crap on here.

We aren't that other deal site. If a user helps you out, you can always leave a nice comment on their profile page. Then they'll see it on their front page when they log on. Reps just lead to competitive douchery.

bread's done
Back