Possible BB "Computer Glitch". GGC compatible with games less than $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincold

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I didn't post this earlier because i thought it was a mistake by the cashier but reading the "BB.com 1cent" guides post someone posted something similar.

I took a Xbox Music Mixer/Microphone set which is $19.99 & Espn College Hoops 2k4 ps2 $4.99 to the register.

I handed the dude the $5 off GGC and when he rang it up the total came out to a total of $15 + Tax. It took $5 off BOTH games!!! On the reciept it has Espn at 0.00

Since i'm going out tonight i will stop by BB & try something similar.
I'll take 2 games up to the register, one that's 19.99 & one that's less than $19.99 and report back later tonight.

Hmm... Just a question for those that think it is wrong.

The basis of the arguement is basically this: If a company/person - makes a mistake, no one should profit from it?

I understand that, and I do agree with the philosophy. That would put the Toys R Us deal in the same category. (Do Unto Other As you would have them do unto you.)

I don't agree from argueing from the perspective of this will hurt us in the future. That is all based upon me, my wants and my desires.

Just my 2 cents,
Matthew

Used this by accident.Bought American Chopper(XBOX) for $19.99 abd a DS carrying case for $9.99.Guy scanned the coupon and took $5 off each. :shock:

Best Buy is not losing money. For the few CAGers that do take advantage of this offer/coupon/glitch, yes we may get away with 1/2 off $10 games or even some free $5 games. But, ultimately by doing this, we are actually spending more than we planned to in the first place. Plus, Best Buy has all the other customers that don't even know what the game card coupon is (not to mention some employees) that are going to Best Buy and are perfectly happy to pay full price. They don't know and some don't care that they can save $5 here and there. It's not worth there time. Maybe Bestbuy is pulling the $19.95 cards maybe not. If so, it could be because we are actually using them or it could be some decision that has nothing to do with us. I for one have no problem going in and buying another $19.95 game, adding some other $9.95 or even $5 games and maybe even some accessories (the gamecube game case is a must have) and trying the coupon. If I get more of a discount than it says on the card, so be it. If not, I will pay for the items and go on my way. Either way, Best Buy got me to come back and give them more money. I don't feel sorry for poor poor Best Buy.

when it happened to me last year...i just assumed that this was well known info, since you all are like GGC masters and what not. guess not. heh you learn something new.

Pickup Man of Valor $15, Kingdom Under Fire $15 and Midway Arcade vol. 1 $5, Future Tactics $5. It's great cuz u don't have to hand them 2- 3 coupon plus it take $5 off on any games too :)

PS. Hmm... I tried to pickup DVD movie along with it but no $5 off on DVD. Seem like $5 off only work in Videogames department only !!

[quote name='hotwls13']Best Buy is not losing money. For the few CAGers that do take advantage of this offer/coupon/glitch, yes we may get away with 1/2 off $10 games or even some free $5 games. But, ultimately by doing this, we are actually spending more than we planned to in the first place. Plus, Best Buy has all the other customers that don't even know what the game card coupon is (not to mention some employees) that are going to Best Buy and are perfectly happy to pay full price. They don't know and some don't care that they can save $5 here and there. It's not worth there time. Maybe Bestbuy is pulling the $19.95 cards maybe not. If so, it could be because we are actually using them or it could be some decision that has nothing to do with us. I for one have no problem going in and buying another $19.95 game, adding some other $9.95 or even $5 games and maybe even some accessories (the gamecube game case is a must have) and trying the coupon. If I get more of a discount than it says on the card, so be it. If not, I will pay for the items and go on my way. Either way, Best Buy got me to come back and give them more money. I don't feel sorry for poor poor Best Buy.[/quote]

Nice job rationalizing that lol.

What kind of places do you people live in?

At my BB, the clerks always ask for the $5 off coupon and you can only use it once, on one item only. Even if there is a computer glitch, they'd probably add the price back in manually. They are uber anal about the GGC policy. Too bad this didn't come a few days earlier... I used my last GGC on a 1019 GC memory card.

just bought

ping pals DS $25 ---> $20

bubble bobble old and new $15--> $10

total $30 :whistle2:D

as for the abusing of this coupon, heh. I think if you got the printout of the tru magic coupon that clearly stated "NO PHOTOCOPIES" to go through, this is just as much of a YMMV. More like "your cashier may vary"

I will try this tomorrow.

I only have a few of the good GGC coupons left(the green ones). I have lots of the GGC coupons for "ps2 games $29.99 and up" but i somehow dont think they will work on non ps2 cheap games.

This is a huge YMMV. I'm a little iffy on this deal on a moral front, but this is a decision for each of us to decide for ourselves. We are all responsible for our own decisions here. That's what I feel about it. A lot of deals have some grey area, and this is another one....if a deal ever crossed the line, then that's a different story. I think that this deal is firmly in the grey area.

Here's what I got:

Super monkey Ball 2 GC $19.99 = 14.99
Metal Arms GC $9.99 = $4.99
Ribbit King GC $9.99 = $4.99
GBA SP Car adapter $4.99 = $0.00
GC Game case $6.99= $1.99 X 2
Smack Down vs Raw Guide $0.01 = $0.00 x 2 (up for trade)
NCAA Football 2005 Guide $0.01 = $0.00 x 2 (up for trade)

Amazing what one little $5 off coupon can do.

I saved $25.04

Woohoo!

Not to keep harping.. but if this thread stays on top FW will get it and it's over... so don't abuse it, and it would be nice not to talk about it like this to avoid it getting everywhere.

If FW gets it I think its over in 2 days.

[quote name='drsluggo']Not to keep harping.. but if this thread stays on top FW will get it and it's over... so don't abuse it, and it would be nice not to talk about it like this to avoid it getting everywhere.

If FW gets it I think its over in 2 days.[/quote]

not sure what you are talking about. Get it while the getting is good. The "deal" is an extreme YMMV so i dont know why you keep saying "if the deal gets fatwalleted, then it will be the end of the world!"

look how badly the cags raped the shit out of the tru magic coupon. People werent even using a real coupon for the tru scam: it says "NO PHOTOCOPIES" on the tru coupon so props to anyone who got it to go through.

same thing here, if you get it to go through, great, if not it isnt a big deal. Just dont be shocked if the deal doesnt go through, as it is, it is an extreme YMMV

I think what he meant was that if it gets posted on FW, more people will start taking advantage of this glitch and the more people that are using it, the better chance Best Buy has of noticing it and fixing the glitch.

yea it shoudl be good at all bb's. the computer automatically adjusts the prices on all games on the transaction. there are two ways for the cashier to use the coupon one of them does that and the other only takes $5 off the selected item.
if you buy a lot of stuff it always takes $5 off each game.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='drsluggo']Not to keep harping.. but if this thread stays on top FW will get it and it's over... so don't abuse it, and it would be nice not to talk about it like this to avoid it getting everywhere.

not sure what you are talking about. Get it while the getting is good. The "deal" is an extreme YMMV so i dont know why you keep saying "if the deal gets fatwalleted, then it will be the end of the world!"

look how badly the cags raped the shit out of the tru magic coupon. People werent even using a real coupon for the tru scam: it says "NO PHOTOCOPIES" on the tru coupon so props to anyone who got it to go through.

same thing here, if you get it to go through, great, if not it isnt a big deal. Just dont be shocked if the deal doesnt go through, as it is, it is an extreme YMMV[/quote]

I don't see how something that rings up automatically in the computer is YMMV. I guess it could be spotted/stopped by an aware Best Buy employee who actually cares, what is that like .01 percent of their work force.

[quote name='icemanjmw13'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='drsluggo']Not to keep harping.. but if this thread stays on top FW will get it and it's over... so don't abuse it, and it would be nice not to talk about it like this to avoid it getting everywhere.

same thing here, if you get it to go through, great, if not it isnt a big deal. Just dont be shocked if the deal doesnt go through, as it is, it is an extreme YMMV[/quote]

I don't see how something that rings up automatically in the computer is YMMV. I guess it could be spotted/stopped by an aware Best Buy employee who actually cares, what is that like .01 percent of their work force.[/quote]

seeing as how the regmonkeys at BB only make a few cents an hour, i dont think they get paid enough to care.

"seeing as how the regmonkeys at BB only make a few cents an hour, i dont think they get paid enough to care. "

Quotes like this make me sick.Who are you to judge?These people try to work for a living and you ridicule them for it? :x

[quote name='DX']"seeing as how the regmonkeys at BB only make a few cents an hour, i dont think they get paid enough to care. "

Quotes like this make me sick.Who are you to judge?These people try to work for a living and you ridicule them for it? :x[/quote]

not all of them are totally braindead. But they act like they are getting paid 2 cents and I am pretty sure some of them show up to work high.

the point is this: the key to this "deal" is finding a cashier that is too lazy/too stupid to ring you up properly on the transaction so you get $5 off a game that you should not get $5 off of. that is why i am calling them regmonkeys. all clear?

[quote name='DX']"seeing as how the regmonkeys at BB only make a few cents an hour, i dont think they get paid enough to care. "

Quotes like this make me sick.Who are you to judge?These people try to work for a living and you ridicule them for it? :x[/quote]

I understand that they work for a a living, however I believe the common (maybe incorrect) assumption is that for minimum wage the employees don't care if you rip off BB corporate for 5 extra bucks. That's not really an insult to them, just a common feeling among minimum wage employees. I worked for 6 bucks an hour once myself, I know how little company spirit 6 bucks an hour buys.

If I buy a $20 game, and a DVD, will it also take it off the DVD?

Someone should try this. This glitch is already weird enough, maybe it will take $5 off everything on the ticket.

That quote actually has "SOME" truth.
This past thursday a fairly intellegent looking cashier looked at the screen after she pressed total ,then looked at the ggc again and said to me "it took $5 off all 3 games,cool" then told me the total,i paid & i walked out the store.
She didn't give a damn that i got a game for free.

[quote name='madmab']Anyone try this with three items as opposed to two?[/quote]

yes. it will work with any games and accessories in the gaming department. no movies or cds or computer parts tho.

and lets keep this thread near the top.

i never understood the paranoia for "the fat wallet crowd". wtf, dont most of the cags use both sites? and there is plenty of shady shit that goes on at this site, look how badly the cagers raped the shit out of tru with the "magic coupon" by defrauding tru out of thousands of dollars. and look at the BS in the suikoden four thread. wtf. this isnt even a deal anyways. it is an extreme YMMV. find a cashier who doesnt care, and give them the card, hopefully it goes through, if not, no big deal.

Ok this is for "Non" Devil BB customers.

If your in the market for GC Players Choice Games i would reccomend the "Gamepro BB $5 off 2 players choice games" coupon. There's no price minimum like the GGC.
It's in the little free giveaway gamepro mini mags you can find in any BB store.

Here are a few of the cheap Players Choice Games i know of:

Crash Wrath of Cortex $5
Timeplitters 2 $10

If anyone cares this still seems to be working.
I got Super Smash Bros. Melee (NON-PC) GC for $24.99 originally $29.99 and Resident Evil (PC) GC for $9.99 originally $14.99 using the GGC.

[quote name='outkastx']Is this deal dead?[/quote]

Yes, indeed it's dead. Confirmed dead by my own use last week which didn't have it kick in. Others proved it as well.

Mods, time to lock this three-week bumped up thread.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='outkastx']Is this deal dead?[/quote]

Yes, indeed it's dead. Confirmed dead by my own use last week which didn't have it kick in. Others proved it as well.

Mods, time to lock this three-week bumped up thread.[/quote]

A) Thank you for answering my question.
B) Who cares if it's a three-week bumped thread? Would you rather me add another useless post in this forum?

[quote name='outkastx'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='outkastx']Is this deal dead?[/quote]

Mods, time to lock this three-week bumped up thread.[/quote]

A) Thank you for answering my question.
B) Who cares if it's a three-week bumped thread? Would you rather me add another useless post in this forum?[/quote]

No, it's not the three week bumped up that I was asking it for it to get locked, it's more the surprise that no one posted in here (myself included) that it's a dead deal, and therefore should get locked. My apologies for coming off snooty, which wasn't my intention.

Shrike's right, this is a dead deal; Lock'd; If it were to happen again, (which it won't), make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back