Possible Chu Chu Rocket! XBLA release?

Drico

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
ChuChu_Rocket,_Dreamcast,_North_American_Cover_.jpg
chu-1.jpg

This is my #2 most wanted XBLA game, next to Quake Arena Arcade. I was just googling it to see if there was any possibility of it happening and I noticed this on wikipedia....

The Xbox Live Arcade release of ChuChu Rocket! Was announced by Sega on March 14th, 2008. The port will include online multiplayer with voice chat for up to four players, the original 100 single player puzzles as well as the extra 2,500 user-submitted levels from the Game Boy Advance release of the game as downloadable content in the future. The price of the game was announced as 800 Microsoft Points.

i couldnt find any other sources for this and haven't heard about it before??? im thinking its true. there is a chu chu rocket stage in the new sega superstar tennis game, so Sega apparently hasn't completely forgotten the game yet... please be true!

I loved the game on GBA, not so much so on the Dreamcast (the controls slightly bothered me). This should be fun over Live, though.

Anyone play it on the dreamcast online and remember that guy Lager-Lad://. I hated him then but looking back on it now, he was amazing.

Great Whedon, I loved Chu Chu Rocket for the Game Boy Advance, and would absolutely, without-question buy this as soon as launch. If they're milking the Dreamcast library, I'd like an order of Jet Grind Radio with a side of Mr. Driller.

:mrgreen:

[quote name='ruffinra']Anyone play it on the dreamcast online and remember that guy Lager-Lad://. I hated him then but looking back on it now, he was amazing.[/quote]

I do! Please come out. Chu Chu Rocket is tied for #1 wanted for XBLA with Return Fire.

I'd buy it, but only if they brought back the chat rooms. ;) The game was so laggy that I spent all of my time there. Plus you'd eventually play the cheaters that always had 999 mice.

My chu name was TroubleSome and that game was amazing, I actually liked all the E8 people especially [E8] Foe. I just remember Lager-Lad flooding chatrooms all day and saying Steel Capped Boot to the head. For some sick reason its kinda funny to me now.

[quote name='ruffinra']My chu name was TroubleSome and that game was amazing, I actually liked all the E8 people especially [E8] Foe. I just remember Lager-Lad flooding chatrooms all day and saying Steel Capped Boot to the head. For some sick reason its kinda funny to me now.[/QUOTE]

TroubleSome? Man, It's been nearly eight years. I'm afraid I don't remember that name. Jog my memory. Did you play well into the summer and fall of 2000? That's when I played. I first got online in June of 2000. I didn't even have a PC back then. Just my DC. DC web browsing was so awesome.

I was looking around for any info on Chu Chu Rocket coming to XBLA and came across this thread.

Names like [E8]CyberSquish [E8]Foe and LAGERLAD all bring back memories.

I was [TU]Spida in Chu Chu, its been so long since I've communicated with anyone from chuchu :)

Did some searching and found that The Untouchables still have a message board up with quite a few of the old guys still vising it. http://blah56512.yuku.com/bblah56512

Anyway, I'd love to see this on XBLA. :)

CCR was the first game I ever played online! It wasn't as fun when I tried the GBA version, but with human competition, 'tis an excellent title! I'd gladly pay up to $20 (well, more, but that's the most expensive an XBLA title has been) for such a quality game.

Seeing this thread bumped I got all excited as I thought there was some news. This is my most wanted XBLA game, well this and Return Fire.
CCR online was sooooo freaking intense. All those cats crashing into your rocket as your lead goes away with seconds left- ha ha, great times.

I hate buying games I already own, but just might havta bite with this one. Hopfully the online will be lag free (there was a nasty delay online w/ the dreamcast, but that was dialup) and competition pletiful. If that is the case, I'll haveto bite, if it ever does exist.

I played the everliving fuck out of this one on GBA, and I'd be really happy to buy this on XBLA!!!

I've actually been saying "I want Chu Chu Rocket for DS" for quite awhile, but SEGA hasn't bit... yet.

BJ

Aw, I was hoping for news. I played this so much online on DC. EGM said it was "more addictive than chocolate chip crack", and they were spot on.

Sega did just recently renew the trademark on the game..... I never played it but, all you guys busting nuts over it has gotten me intrigued.

bread's done
Back