Possible deal on Xbox Doom 3 LE Pre-Order for $49.99 at BB In store

mick16

CAGiversary!
I went to Best Buy this morning and put down a $5 deposit on the LE Doom 3 for Xbox (mostly for the 3,000 bonus reward points, not because I think it will be hard to find). Anyway, when I read the back of the pre-order card after I came home, it reads under Customer Procedure, "Pay existing balance on game $49.99 - $5.00 = $44.99."

This is going to be a YMMV as its most likely going to ring up at $59.99 when you pick it up at the store, so you'll have to argue with them to try to make it work at $49.99, but if you were going to pre-order it there anyway, its worth a shot. You can only pre-order through 1/29/05 though. I'll post if I had any luck come March when it arrives.

The card you take up to the cashier has a picture of the silver cased "Collector's Limited Edition" of Doom 3. I'd post a scan, but I guess you can't attach pictures.

[quote name='mick16']The card you take up to the cashier has a picture of the silver cased "Collector's Limited Edition" of Doom 3. I'd post a scan, but I guess you can't attach pictures.[/quote]

You can't attach pictures here, but you can post them. Host the picture somewhere, (imageshack.us) and then,

Not a bad deal, especially since the CE looks so cool (might be kinda fun to play through Doom 1 again). Interesting that they made that slip up on the price...but since it says right on the card that it's $50, I HIGHLY doubt you'd have any problem getting it for that.

[quote name='Jango007']If They dont't want to honor the $50 price, would CC or another retailer possibly PM it plus 10%?[/quote]

Can you PM a pre-order price?

I don't think you can pay in full for the product, only put down the $50 for the pre-order.

Regarding the 3,000 bonus points, its on their rewardzone website under offers:
http://www.myrewardzone.com/
plus there's a little box on the front of the pre-order card you take up to the cashier. I think any game they have available for pre-order gets you a bonus 3,000 rewardzone points if you put down the $5 deposit.

I'll try to post the pre-order card tonight when I get home from work.

how many reward zone points do you need to buy a $50 game? $20 game?

can you use coupons with those points?

thanks for the tip, but I'm skeptical of this actually working...

[quote name='user']how many reward zone points do you need to buy a $50 game? $20 game?

can you use coupons with those points?

thanks for the tip, but I'm skeptical of this actually working...[/quote]

Taken from the website above:
It's easy to join the Reward Zone® program. Stop by any participating Best Buy™ store. It's just $9.99 for a full year's membership.

Spend $150 on eligible purchases and receive a $5 reward certificate. Here's how it works. You'll earn 100 points for virtually every dollar you spend at Best Buy. Reach 15,000 points and you'll receive a $5 reward certificate. You can use your reward certificates for almost anything you purchase at Best Buy retail stores.

thank you...is that a calendar year or 12 months from date of purchase?

do you get the 3,000 points for pre-ordering ANY game, or just the $50 ones?

and are those truly bonus points?
(i.e. 3,000 + ~ 5,000 for a $50 purchase)

thanks for your answers

(also, I'm still wondering if coupons can be used in conjuction with rewards certificates)

12 months from date of purchase.

3,000 points on any game they let you pre-order. Usually its only the big games.

Yes, its 3,000 plus 5,000 = 8,000 points for a $50 game.

here's a scan of the back of the pre-order card

doom3backpreorder4ag.jpg

hmm.....I'm intrigued combine pre-ordering this and using the GGC and you'll be saving $15 off EB's and Gamestop's price ($59.99) for this game...I think I'll be putting down my five dollars for it this week....and bonus points too eh......

Every time you earn 15,000 points ($150), you get another $5. So if you're not going to spend $300 a year there (excluding bonus points), don't bother signing up.

I used the GGC on my Halo LE pre-order when I picked it up without any problem (just took $5 off the price of the game), but that was back in 2004. Not sure about this year.

You spend $10 for a membership, you spend $125 in the store, they send you a $5 coupon...if you don't make large purchases it might not work for you...I got a palm pilot, and a tv last year, so yes it worked out for me great, but if you aren't going to be spending much, it is not worth it in the long run, unless you spend $375 in a year, where you get back $15, comparared to the $10 you spend for the membership

You spend $10 for a membership, you spend $125 in the store, they send you a $5 coupon...if you don't make large purchases it might not work for you...I got a palm pilot, and a tv last year, so yes it worked out for me great, but if you aren't going to be spending much, it is not worth it in the long run, unless you spend $375 in a year, where you get back $15, comparared to the $10 you spend for the membership

bread's done
Back