Possible GCN Price Drop coming soon? (Super Friends, Unite to confirm!)

I will probably wait until the Rev...er...the Wii...*shakes head* comes out to buy another system (aside from the ds lite)...but at $79 for a bundle....it would be damn hard not to buy one.

I bought it after the first price drop to 150.
i was worth it back then when there was still hope of future released games.
But it just turned out to have no 3rd party support. compared to ps2.

at 79-99 dollars it still worthless imo to buy one at this point.

Wii is being released in 6 months time. Your best bet is to save your money for the wii with expected retail price of 199

Nintendo and microsoft could learn a thing or 2 from sony on how to get the most out of your console. And stretching their consoles lifespan to its fulliest.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']

Nintendo and microsoft could learn a thing or 2 from sony on how to get the most out of your console. And stretching their consoles lifespan to its fulliest.[/quote]

Nobody could say it much better

[quote name='mattcube64']Woah, woah, woah. DS Lite release?![/QUOTE]
He means the announcement of the release date.

I do agree that buying a GC at any price is a mistake at this point, since the Wii will be totally worth buying. My guess is Nintendo stopped making GCs altogether, and will be cutting the price to clear all their stock.

Save your money for WII instead get GC now. Remembered WII is backward compatability with all GC games. Get GC games now if you can find it cheap then buy WII on release date.

WII MSRP $199.99 - $249.99

[quote name='Masterkyo']Save your money for WII instead get GC now. Remembered WII is backward compatability with all GC games. Get GC games now if you can find it cheap then buy WII on release date.

[/quote]

I agree.

I got my GC when Zelda:WW was being preordered. I paid $150 for the system and a free game (Mario Party 4) and I picked up the Zelda preorder disc for free at the same time. I haven't regretted my purchase at all and have had a blast playing many of titles these last few years.

For anyone out there who doesn't have a GC, I suggest just waiting for the Wii. That is assuming that supply can meet demand, in which case you could be waiting for awhile.

[quote name='mkelehan']I do agree that buying a GC at any price is a mistake at this point, since the Wii will be totally worth buying. My guess is Nintendo stopped making GCs altogether, and will be cutting the price to clear all their stock.[/QUOTE]

QFT .. buying a GC at this point is a waste with Wii not too far away..

Never too late to join the 'Cube party especially considering the console won't be priced much higher than a 360 game. :p

And a used one will be cheaper than a 360 game.

Seems like a no-brainer to me if you're looking for some great games to play for the next 6 months or longer if you're not getting a Wii.

I say just sell them off the market for $50.

Have it for $75 until like September, then drop it again to $50. Might as well, that's how much they will be anyways in most stores.

Nintendo is not smart enough to drop the price of the Gamecube. They are too busy shooting themsleves in the foot with their next system.

[quote name='Zeo']Considering the GameCube is awesome, no.

(You'd really have to be insane to think $50 is too much for the GameCube. Seriously.)[/QUOTE]

To me, $50 is too much. There really wasn't much on the system that I was interested in. I pretty much got it as a Resident Evil machine, almost every other game I got for it I was disappointed in (I'm still regretting getting Star Fox Assault for $15 last week. Worst...game...ever). But since I only paid $50 for it and it came with the Zelda bonus disc (which I later sold for $25), yes, it was worth the price I got it for.

But it's a bit pointless to get one now when you could get a Wii in 6 months for $200 instead, since it will at least offer a wider option of games (including the entire Gamecube library). It would make more sense if this situation was like the Playstation series, where the PS1 was the "budget" machine for $50 when the PS2 was $300, but with the Wii likely to be $200, the price difference isn't substantial enough to bother getting the budget console.

I'm considering on buying a micro, should I just buy another gamecube to go with my gameboy player since the price for a gamecube is going to drop?
I really wish the micro would pricedrop with the gamecube, its kind of odd 128-bit system such as the gamecube is going cheaper while the portable version 32-bit system is going for about the same or more. I've heard nothing about the micro droping yet. Sorry for ranting.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I hope you're joking.[/QUOTE]
I'm not. But that's not true for everyone. Myself - the games aren't for me.

[quote name='minmao']I did get one gamecube for $50 from a Compusa several weeks ago.
Although it's YMMV, you might want to check your local compusa if you need a cheap gamecube.[/QUOTE]

I got mine for $53 dollars including tax with the pokemon game a few months back myself.

(Edit: Brand New)

I already have been enoying the greatest of the gamecube, however they should drop the price if only to drive the leftover game inventories down in stores. If you area is like mine, all the local retailers have slowly trimed their stock of GameCube games back "Greatly" alot of retailers seem to only have the mainstay of gamecube franchise titles that are still available and odama, chibo robo, animal crossing and that is about it. I would say about maybe 15 different titles at most.

Since I already have seen Gamecubes at Gamestop for $50 used, I just wanted to add this to this list of games you could play on it if you don't like Nintendo franchises or party games

Skies of Arcadia Legends
Phantasy Star Online I-II Plus
Tales of Symphonia
Harvest Moon Magical Melody
Baten Kaitos
Fire Emblem Path of Radience
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Eternal Darkness
Wave Race Blue Storm
Sonic Adventure I-II
Sonic Gems Collection
Metroid Prime I/II
Batallion Wars
1080 Avalanche
Hello Kitty Roller Rescue [I'm serious]
Resident Evil 0
Bloody Roar
X-Men Legends I/II
Cubivore
F-Zero GX

And the best part these is that all of these except one or two are SUPER CHEAP. I don't like Nintendo franchises, but if the price really does drop, and I buy a Gamecube, this is my list of games.

[quote name='Strell']At least 6-7 games on that list are Nintendo franchises.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Then franchises isn't the right word..technically Advanced Wars and Fire Emblem are Nintendo franchises..

Mascots..I mean..Mascots..you know? Like Mario and Yoshi and Bowser and Donkey Kong..

Ok well, Captain Falcon and Samus are pretty hardcore N mascots.

You could argue Marth, but that would be a stretch.

Also, I was including FE and AW (or BW, in this case).

I traded in my GameCube, a few months ago, with the intent of buying one back (mine was getting a little janky).

... now I don't know if I want to wait for this drop, or wait for the Wii.

bread's done
Back