possible national deal at FYE - Buy 4 used get 20% off (stacks with 10% card)

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Was at FYE today and happen to start talking to the manager of the store. He said that the buy 2 used get one half off ends THIS thursday nationwide (March 15th) and a new promotion will be replacing it. He said he couldnt remember what exactly what it was but he said it was "very decent" from what he remembered. I just wanted to let the awesome CAGs know ahead of time in case ur wanting to buy some movies in a couple of weeks. If i find out soon I can update the topic to what exactly the deal is. Sorry if this was already mentioned and mods please delete if so.

*edit*

Briansraregames reported that the new deal may alread be up but could be YMMV so shop with caution.

I was at FYE today trading in some stuff and they had up signs for a Buy 4 Used products get 20% off deal. I have never been to this particular store before, so maybe it's a YMMV type thing, but maybe it's the new sale and they just started early, plus it stacked with the 10% backstage pass card. 30% off...not bad.

Heres another FYE deal. FYE accepts Google Checkout! Was able to get a bunch of dvds for $5.31 shipped; not bad at all.

"Very decent" for Fye means that a TV show set will cost $100 inctead of FYE's normal price of $125.

FYE is complete shit, the day they have a decent day will be the day they become the number one store.

actually their used prices (which the current deal reflects on) are pretty outstanding. Today I got the first 2 LotR 4 disk movies, matrix revolutions, and animatrixs for 40 bucks. Not a bad price for 4 movies (11 disks). Im hoping the new promotion is another used game/movie/music one in which ill post once i find out what it is :p

[quote name='David85']"Very decent" for Fye means that a TV show set will cost $100 inctead of FYE's normal price of $125.

FYE is complete shit, the day they have a decent day will be the day they become the number one store.[/quote]

Prices may be high but they do have some of the best trade in deals around (Lest we forget the trade 4 get one game deal last year AND the 20% extra + 25% extra on trades during the holidays AND the trade 2 get 1 deal)...I pretty much did all of my Christmas shopping at FYE with all the store credit that I racked up, plus got almost every Disney dvd made for about $4 each. I for one love FYE.

[quote name='kosmos13x']actually their used prices (which the current deal reflects on) are pretty outstanding. Today I got the first 2 LotR 4 disk movies, matrix revolutions, and animatrixs for 40 bucks. Not a bad price for 4 movies (11 disks). Im hoping the new promotion is another used game/movie/music one in which ill post once i find out what it is :p[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has the first two LOTR for 12.99 each, and those 3 matrix movies for 5.99 each.

Plus it's buy 2 get 1 free on all dvds. You could have gotten the same thing for 10 bucks less (with an Edge card), their used prices are nowhere NEAR outstanding, but in fact, are terrible.

[quote name='MrMaddness']Gamestop has the first two LOTR for 12.99 each, and those 3 matrix movies for 5.99 each.

Plus it's buy 2 get 1 free on all dvds. You could have gotten the same thing for 10 bucks less (with an Edge card), their used prices are nowhere NEAR outstanding, but in fact, are terrible.[/quote]

Those are the prices for the 2 disk editions of LotR sets. I remember seeing that and the 4 disks being sold at my local GS for 17 bucks each. Also the first one is on their website for confirmation.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=987079

I got animatrix for 5.99 and matrix revolutions for 3.99 at FYE. 16.00 each for the two 4 diskers.

Gamestop total would be oughly (without tax + saver card + b2g1) $36
Gamestop total (without tax + b2g1) $40
FYE total with the deal (without tax) was $42

So basically yes you will save yourself a good 5 bucks but one thing to remember is that gamestop isnt focusing on movies (and now getting out of the movie business) so naturally FYE is gonna have a better selection to what your looking for since they have a much much better stock of new and used releases.

FYE's deals arent always that bad. Their anime sales are great sometimes ($150 boxsets that sell for $100 even at Best Buy; for $22 each, who can complain)

Their trade 2 get 1 free sale has been great to me too. Been buying stuff at EB with the B2G2F sale, 48 dvds for $132. Then i take those 48 dvds and get 24 dvds worth $14.99 (359.76 value). You gotta pay tax, but through my flipping methods, ive got plenty of profited store credit.

They are usually crap but I picked up a godzilla 3 pack the other day for about 13 dollars, so roughly 4 dollars a dvd for G Vs Gigan, G Vs Hedorah, G 1998.

I was at FYE today trading in some stuff and they had up signs for a Buy 4 Used products get 20% off deal. I have never been to this particular store before, so maybe it's a YMMV type thing, but maybe it's the new sale and they just started early, plus it stacked with the 10% backstage pass card. 30% off...not bad.

I updated the topic to reflect the new possible promotion. Thanks to Briansraregames for finding this out. If anyone else is able to confirm this, please do so.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Those are the prices for the 2 disk editions of LotR sets. I remember seeing that and the 4 disks being sold at my local GS for 17 bucks each. Also the first one is on their website for confirmation.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=987079

I got animatrix for 5.99 and matrix revolutions for 3.99 at FYE. 16.00 each for the two 4 diskers.

Gamestop total would be oughly (without tax + saver card + b2g1) $36
Gamestop total (without tax + b2g1) $40
FYE total with the deal (without tax) was $42

So basically yes you will save yourself a good 5 bucks but one thing to remember is that gamestop isnt focusing on movies (and now getting out of the movie business) so naturally FYE is gonna have a better selection to what your looking for since they have a much much better stock of new and used releases.[/QUOTE]

No, the 2 disc editions are 5.99 each. Fellowship and Two Towers SE are 12.99 each, and Return is 17.99. The website is wrong, and it usually is when it comes to DVDs.

[quote name='MrMaddness']No, the 2 disc editions are 5.99 each. Fellowship and Two Towers SE are 12.99 each, and Return is 17.99. The website is wrong, and it usually is when it comes to DVDs.[/quote]

I can confirm that. I picked up the 4 disc versions for $12.99 each a little while ago from them. This sounds like a decent promotion though. Maybe I can finally pick up the hana yori dango dvds my local store has.

The 20/30% off will be national and officially starts on the 16th, the store in question got the signage early and decided to just go for it. I was able to confirm this at a second store.

bread's done
Back