Possible Playstation Plus 12 month discount

It appears to be a TPC. It also says online price next to it though.

Regardless here's the DPCI # 207-08-0107.

Yeah, I've been pushing for an official word from them for a couple of hours now. So far no dice, even to just say it is not currently a price point online or otherwise.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Is a year of plus worth $34 after discounts?[/QUOTE]

Reading through the PSN thread will give you a good idea of the amount of discounted & free stuff avaiable to PS+ users. IMO it's well worth the money just for the number of retail games they've made available to download for free.

I think so, especially with all the free games they give out. They don't give out free games every week, but I think they plan to give out some at least once a month.

Yes. This is what I've gotten for free over the last year of PS+:

PSN:

Gotham City Imposters
Pac-Man Championship DX
Renegade Ops
Altered Beast
Awesomenauts
Back to the Future: The Game
Battle Fantasia
Bomberman Ultra
Choplifter HD
Comix Zone
Crash Commando
Far Cry 2
Fatal Inertia
Frogger Returns
Golden Axe
Hard Corps: Uprising
Hydrophbia: Prophecy
inFamous 2
Inferno Pool
Just Cause 2
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
Little Big Planet 2
Mahjong Tales
Plants vs. Zombies
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Rock of Ages
Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves
Saints Row 2
Shank 2
Shift 2: Unleashed
Sly Cooper
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Streets of Rage 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Cars
The Simpsons Arcade Game
Trine 2
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine
Zombie Apocalypse: NDA

PS+ Add-Ons
Name of Add-On:
Magic Orbz Booster Pack
Magic Orbz Winter Pack
Magic Orbz Jungle Pack
Virus Run
Dungeon Defenders DLC
New Challenges
Even More Challenges
MP Pack
Crash Commando Add On
Vehicle Pack 1

PS+ Minis

Bermuda Triangle
Gold Medalist
Dr. Maybee/Scarygirl
Stick Man Rescue
Defenders of the Mystic Garden
Alien Zombie Death
Mecho Wars
Space Shooter for 2 Bucks
Canbalt
kaleidoscope
BABEL The King of Blocks
Vector TD
Duael Invaders
Orbit
OMG-Z
Hungry Giraffe
Velocity
Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar!
Farm Frenzy 2
2D Adventures/Rotating Octopus
Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims
Where is My Heart?

PS+ PSOne Classics

Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: SotN
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Crash Team Racing
Final Fantasy V
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Silent Hill
Spyro 2
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
Um Jammer Lammy

Well this have been the price in Target website online for the last week, but have been out of stock so far. I even tried to pricematch inmtheir store with no success. I will be interested at that price.

Although the "free" games are simply glorified rentals, the real value is in the feee things you can keep even if you cancel membership, as well as discounted items and free game trials.

Worth it at $40...

Its worth the 50 I paid IMO. I'm mostly a 360 guy so its nice to have something to try on my ps3 for chump change. The free games are mostly stuff I would not have bought but I have been suprised how much I have played some of them.

I just recently signed up for PS+ and I must say that it is totally worth $50 a year. Having access to the games that are "free" is very nice. Because they are free, it gives me the opportunity to play games that I would not normally buy.

I have also purchased a couple things at the discounted PS+ price. So far I have saved about $8 on games that I would've purchased anyway.

If this target price is legit, I highly recommend jumping on the deal.

I'm not sure on Target's PM policy, but won't they PM their own website?
Edit: nvm, just checked and logically they don't PM their own site, lol

target.JPG

How idiotic is it to not match their own online prices? Brick-and-mortar retail is really in trouble - they just don't seem to get it.

[quote name='Cygnus11']How idiotic is it to not match their own online prices? Brick-and-mortar retail is really in trouble - they just don't seem to get it.[/QUOTE]

it makes no sense at all. obviously you don't want people to come into your store to get something that you sell online, because then they will see something else they want because it's on sale, realize their mom's birthday is next week so buy a birthday card, then buy a mountain dew while waiting to check out, and then throw in some gum right before the cashier is done because they just ran out.

clearly that's bad for business, lol

[quote name='erdmanski1341']it makes no sense at all. obviously you don't want people to come into your store to get something that you sell online, because then they will see something else they want because it's on sale, realize their mom's birthday is next week so buy a birthday card, then buy a mountain dew while waiting to check out, and then throw in some gum right before the cashier is done because they just ran out.

clearly that's bad for business, lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah at first glance it is crazy but this is how its been. Target and Target.com are separate entities and have different prices and promos frequently. I often have problems when Target has BOGO deals on games. The weekly ad will say all games in stock and Target.com will be only selected titles as part of the promo, which becomes problematic when a game is sold on the website but not sold in stores. You just have to look at it as them being separate entities and the store will not PM websites. Crazy. I know....

[quote name='erdmanski1341']it makes no sense at all. obviously you don't want people to come into your store to get something that you sell online, because then they will see something else they want because it's on sale, realize their mom's birthday is next week so buy a birthday card, then buy a mountain dew while waiting to check out, and then throw in some gum right before the cashier is done because they just ran out.

That is true. I bought something online to pick up in store at Best Buy and ended up buying 30 dollars more worth of stuff impulsively. All for an initial 8 dollar purchase.

I want this PS+ deal though. I just want to feel I'm getting a special deal.

[quote name='Cygnus11']How idiotic is it to not match their own online prices? Brick-and-mortar retail is really in trouble - they just don't seem to get it.[/QUOTE]

Or because, you know, price mistakes. Oh this was listed $20 cheaper than it was suppose to be or the wrong UPC is set on the online store and that $50 game is now $20. If you can get to a Target on time before the price is fixed.

Honestly, it's a mystery why. I figure it's those things, but it could just be stupid business tactics.

Is it because their key demographic is 18-40 yr old females, and they tend to spend money freely at Target and don't check prices.

But still, they usually stop for a $6 coffee at the Starbucks inside on the way out, lol

Ahh fuck

The deal is dead... they fixed the glitch. Congrats if you managed to get it for $39.99. $10 savings for CAG!

[quote name='cagfansub']Ahh fuck

The deal is dead... they fixed the glitch. Congrats if you managed to get it for $39.99. $10 savings for CAG![/QUOTE]

? it never was available, not sure how it could be dead, lol

It can be worth it if you plan on keeping it. It's important to know that the games you buy at a discount are yours to keep but the games you get for free stop working when your playstation plus membership ends.

Target routinely puts the PSN Cards and PS+ cards on sale. They had the PS+ cards on sale for 20% discount a few months back.

... and you get another 5% off if you pay using the Target credit card.

[quote name='sgr76']It can be worth it if you plan on keeping it. It's important to know that the games you buy at a discount are yours to keep but the games you get for free stop working when your playstation plus membership ends.[/QUOTE]

But should one choose to sign up for PS+ again, be it immediately after their subscription expires or a couple of years down the road, they'll gain access to those games again.

I've gotten PS Plus for three months & so far it's been a waste. If I could get a refund i would. But I know I can't so.... Fool me once!

[quote name='inkcil']Although the "free" games are simply glorified rentals, the real value is in the feee things you can keep even if you cancel membership, as well as discounted items and free game trials.

Worth it at $40...[/QUOTE]

Here's the funny thing... some of the "free" games sometimes glitch and actually become free. I'm not really sure how it happened, but I got some games that lost their expiration dates, off the top of my head: Awesomenauts, Hard Corps and Trine have all become free games for me (check the game information tab, if it doesn't have any expiration date then it's become free)

I see the only true feature of PS+ is the cloud save. There are locked saves which cannot be copied to a flash drive. The only way to back them up is to the cloud. On a PS3, anything dies, be it the hard drive or the system, you lose everything. So if you want to retain your hard worked game progresses that are locked, you'll need PS+ to do cloud save. Is it worth xx amount of dollars per year? Only you can judge how important the saves are to you.

Just tried now at my local target. Showed them the price on my iphone and they do not pm their own website. Oh well not a big loss.

[quote name='sgr76']It can be worth it if you plan on keeping it. It's important to know that the games you buy at a discount are yours to keep but the games you get for free stop working when your playstation plus membership ends.[/QUOTE]

Also, and the reason I decided against getting PS+ a while back, if an item goes on sale for 99% off for everyone, but for PS+ members is free, you can't buy it for 99% off as a permanent purchase. So it can actually prevent you from getting deals.

Target had these cards for $14 earlier this year. I bought 4 then. I don't believe the service is worth $50 or even $40. You do receive a lot of ps1 & ps2 games for "free". Newer games have only been available recently.

One of the benefit of having the CapitalOne PSN/Sony card.. you get free points for regular use and once you've accumulated 5000 pts. that one free PSN+ membership for 12 months.

[quote name='JMusic']Also, and the reason I decided against getting PS+ a while back, if an item goes on sale for 99% off for everyone, but for PS+ members is free, you can't buy it for 99% off as a permanent purchase. So it can actually prevent you from getting deals.[/QUOTE]

I never thought about it like that. That does kind of suck.

Not an ideal solution by far, but I wonder if you could just create another account and put these certain games on it?

[quote name='JMusic']Also, and the reason I decided against getting PS+ a while back, if an item goes on sale for 99% off for everyone, but for PS+ members is free, you can't buy it for 99% off as a permanent purchase. So it can actually prevent you from getting deals.[/QUOTE]
Has this ever happened?

[quote name='inkcil']Although the "free" games are simply glorified rentals[/QUOTE]
That's really oversimplifying it. For those of us who intend to continue our subscriptions for the entire period that we're actively playing our PS3's, it more-or-less equates to actual ownership, for all practical purposes.

As for "is it worth $34".. I'd easy pay $80/year for it, let alone $50 or the discounted $34.

[quote name='anderson4145']Has this ever happened?[/QUOTE]

99% off, obviously not. But games have gone on sale before where PS+ members weren't able to buy them. I don't think Sony ever expected this to be a problem, someone on here said it well "I don't think Sony ever expected that people would want to pay for things that they already got for free".

wal mart does not PM their own website. the reason they told was because if the item does not have free shipping the always inflated cost of shipping balances out some of that cheaper price. meanwhile PMing it at store wal mart takes a loss.

i suspect target has a similar philosophy....now on the items that have free shipping....well who knows about those.

whether this is a good reason or not. i dont know you decide just telling you what wal mart told me when i tried to PM their site.

[quote name='inkcil']Although the "free" games are simply glorified rentals, the real value is in the feee things you can keep even if you cancel membership, as well as discounted items and free game trials.

Worth it at $40...[/QUOTE]

Well I don't have plans to cancel my Plus membership so these should remain free for the extent of the PS3's life. I also think Sony would have to be crazy to not let customers carry their purchased digital content over to the PS4 whenever that comes out, just as Nintendo is letting everyone transfer their VC purchases on the Wii-U.

It's been worth it for me just using the discounts to buy games and those are yours to keep either way.

Also, and not to sound like a Chewly's Gum employee, but the cloud saves
Saved my ass when my original PS3 YLOD'd a few months ago. It would have been devistating to lose years of saves.

They have been quite generous lately too. I woke up today to find LittleBigPlanet Kart downloaded and installed for me. :)

[quote name='Velo214']i only enjoy the games. i have auto patching turned off and never have used cloud storage. am i missing out?[/QUOTE]

Well the cloud storage is key for games that have copyright on saves. I mainly used this when going for my Plats on Demon's Souls & Dark Souls. I would hate to put a lot of hours in a game and not have a backup.

I also have never used the auto patching but use the cloud all the time.

[quote name='Velo214']i only enjoy the games. i have auto patching turned off and never have used cloud storage. am i missing out?[/QUOTE]

I enjoy auto patching, trophy syncing and such, not missing anything grand. But I love cloud storage more for emergency back ups. I use it mainly for my platinumed game saves I probably won't go back to, or locked saves like my Assassins Creed II which even with a platinum I enjoy going back to it. :D

[quote name='Josh1billion']That's really oversimplifying it. For those of us who intend to continue our subscriptions for the entire period that we're actively playing our PS3's, it more-or-less equates to actual ownership, for all practical purposes.[/QUOTE]

:lol: So do you own the movies on Netflix streaming as well?

Glorified rental is an appropriate description.

so just to confirm what's going on...we're just debating at what value (if any) PS+ is worth it?

...there's not even a deal here anymore...is there.

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: So do you own the movies on Netflix streaming as well?[/QUOTE]
Netflix is a bad analogy, since you can continue your Netflix subscription ad infinitum, but you're still at the mercy of their licensing agreements as to whether the content you can stream today will be there tomorrow.

bread's done
Back