Possible Signs of PS3 price drop??? $199.99

K-Mart's doing a $50 GC w/ purchase at $249.99 this week in the US. All signs are pointing to a drop and a new bundle of some sorts being announced.

This has been going on for awhile now this generation before an official price drop. Sony offers additional "value" while keeping the price tag, such as the MW3 bundle.

[quote name='technole']This has been going on for awhile now this generation before an official price drop. Sony offers additional "value" while keeping the price tag, such as the MW3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for a drop (I have 197 in GS credit), but I expect a bundle for both PS3 and Vita.

During last year's BF, everyone had the PS3 for like $200. I wouldn't be surprised if a drop was announced during E3.

I expect a price drop on both Xbox and PS3 to be announced. This will be a way for them to hurt Wii U sales this holiday. I've been saying this for a while.

I hope there is. I want to drop one of our xboxes and replace it with a second ps3. 150 current trade in for the 360 coupled with a potential price drop in the near future could work out pretty well.

[quote name='fadersdream']canada? CANADA? Do they even have electricity in canada? Who's going to play it? Elks, Bears... I'm sorry... "Bruins"?[/QUOTE]

Well they do have poutine and bagged milk. I hear the poutine is pretty glorious.

[quote name='barrit']Well they do have poutine and bagged milk. I hear the poutine is pretty glorious.[/QUOTE]

Hey! Us Wisconsinites also have bagged milk!
On Topic: Glad I didn't buy a PS3 from AWD this week.

[quote name='barrit']Well they do have poutine and bagged milk. I hear the poutine is pretty glorious.[/QUOTE]

Poutine is awesome! I want some now.

[quote name='ijustw1n']You posted in the deal forum to ask a question about a rumor? This is a sign of the apocalypse![/QUOTE]

Maybe he's high on bath salts? That seems to bring about other apocalyptic events.

[quote name='Blaster man']I expect a price drop on both Xbox and PS3 to be announced. This will be a way for them to hurt Wii U sales this holiday. I've been saying this for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would sure make alot of sense for MS and Sony to drop their prices BEFORE the Wii U's date and price point for the US has been announced. Nintendo does their press conference after Sony and MS this year. It may turn out the the PS3 and 360 are already cheaper than the Wii U. Also Sony pushed out a MW3 bundle this week and MS is pushing out a Forza 4 Bundle in two weeks, neither of which would likely happen if they had been planning for a price drop next week. MS, with the exception of the release of new hardware (and corresponding price drop on older xbox hardware) have done their price drops in Aug/Sept. I would expect something similar this year....Why would they lose money by doing a price cut in June to compete with an item that might not actually be on the market until November?

Homeless guy on the street tried to sell me a PS3 for $129...he wanted $179 a week ago. Pretty sure that is a sign the system is getting a price drop.

Hoping for a PSP-E1000 revision to include bluetooth like the PSP Go when released in the U.S. for $100. Along with E3 to show off an accessory to allow PSP Go, PS Vita, and PSP X000 to compatible to each other.

Seriously though, I'd rather have a budget model launch or price drop on the PS Vita. $200 for a PS3 is still a great price.

I paid $300 plus tax for a 160 GB when Walmart was doing the buy a PS3 at $300, get a $100 gift card. So glad I jumped on that deal.

[quote name='ijustw1n']You posted in the deal forum to ask a question about a rumor? This is a sign of the apocalypse![/QUOTE]

I think you're onto something. Take into consideration all the crazy news stories as well. Signs of the zombie apocalypse.

yo the 360 is way overpriced, I plan to buy the new model once it's cheap but for the hardware specs compared to the PS3, it's overpriced. I think it's been settled that a hard drive larger than 4GB is necessary to full use the console, and at $299, not cool.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']yo the 360 is way overpriced, I plan to buy the new model once it's cheap but for the hardware specs compared to the PS3, it's overpriced. I think it's been settled that a hard drive larger than 4GB is necessary to full use the console, and at $299, not cool.[/QUOTE]

Fail. The $199 360 is 4GB, the $299 360 has a 250GB Hard drive.

[quote name='KtMack23']Fail. The $199 360 is 4GB, the $299 360 has a 250GB Hard drive.[/QUOTE]
that's exactly my point, the 4gb if you read is not enough, what you gonna do? stick a 16gb flash drive that's to slow to read games? add a $100 HDD on the 4gb, hmm lets see where the price goes, oh yeah, back to $299. Last time I checked a $249 ps3 is lower then a $299 360, with blu ray. the point of the post was about value for the money spent, stop using the word Fail, internet cool guy.

They need to ditch the 4GB model, its causing so many problems since there isn't enough space. It would be better if they just charged $299 for the hard drive model. It wouldn't confuse consumers and consumes would get what they need. If they upped it to a 16GB model that would be more reasonable. I see people who walk into a game store who want to buy DLC but then they realize they don't even have enough room on the Xbox for one installed game or 1-2 downloads plus their saves. They won't pay $100 more to get the hard drive just so they can get some downloadable games. Everyone just assumes the 4GB will be enough and its cheaper so that is the one they buy, then they realize they don't have enough space and they get mad.

[quote name='AgentW']and the 320 gb slim was discontinued at target recently. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!!![/QUOTE]320 GB move bundle has been reduced to $300 for several weeks now @ PC Richards
http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/product.jsp?modelNo=98311

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I'm hoping for a drop (I have 197 in GS credit), but I expect a bundle for both PS3 and Vita.[/QUOTE]Not sure why Sony hasn't already done this from day 1. $500 for both with an 8 GB memory stick & 1 game for each system(they should use games that promote cross play)

[quote name='kart007k']Also I heard there might be a bundle for vita with resistance coming as well.[/QUOTE]I posted both here already
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322314

[quote name='K_G']Yeah, it would sure make alot of sense for MS and Sony to drop their prices BEFORE the Wii U's date and price point for the US has been announced. Nintendo does their press conference after Sony and MS this year. It may turn out the the PS3 and 360 are already cheaper than the Wii U. Also Sony pushed out a MW3 bundle this week and MS is pushing out a Forza 4 Bundle in two weeks, neither of which would likely happen if they had been planning for a price drop next week. MS, with the exception of the release of new hardware (and corresponding price drop on older xbox hardware) have done their price drops in Aug/Sept. I would expect something similar this year....Why would they lose money by doing a price cut in June to compete with an item that might not actually be on the market until November?[/QUOTE]Being proactive is the way to go it'll force the competition's hand. If Sony drops their price MS may have wanted to wait for a planned event later in the yr but giving Sony too much of a lead would hurt them. WW Sony has been better than MS for some time & the head start is why MS is in the lead already. WiiU may need to make changes if sales of 360/PS3 spike with this drop.

as someone else mentioned, it doesnt make much sense for both of them to release new bundles in the past week, if theyre just going to drop the price in a week. You never know, but it just doesnt logically add up

[quote name='jkam']New smaller hardware launch?[/QUOTE]
Smaller? Shit. The PS3 slim already gets warm along the top of the case after playing for 2-3 hours. I could only imagine if they made it any smaller. It'd probably melt into a pile of molten plastic on my table I have it on.:lol::whistle2:#
[quote name='Donutkid2222']that's exactly my point, the 4gb if you read is not enough, what you gonna do? stick a 16gb flash drive that's to slow to read games? add a $100 HDD on the 4gb, hmm lets see where the price goes, oh yeah, back to $299. Last time I checked a $249 ps3 is lower then a $299 360, with blu ray. the point of the post was about value for the money spent, stop using the word Fail, internet cool guy.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I've used the Blu-Ray/DVD reading function of my PS3 to play movies maybe 3x since I've had it. The only good parts about Blu-Ray for me are being harder to scratch and the increased storage capacity(aka no disc switching).

But then again, both are non issues for me as well, since I take care of my stuff and I sit about 3-4 feet from the table I have my PS3 on. So switching discs isn't as much of a chore for me as some people make it out to be.
[quote name='edson13']as someone else mentioned, it doesnt make much sense for both of them to release new bundles in the past week, if theyre just going to drop the price in a week. You never know, but it just doesnt logically add up[/QUOTE]
:lol: Yeah. But this is Sony(and MS) we're talking about here. The same companies who were in opposite positions last gen, where MS put a HDD in EVERY Xbox versus Sony charging $25 per memory card. Not only that but I knew far more people who had PS2's go Disc Read Error on them than I knew of people with broken Xbox systems. Now Sony allows you to bring your own HDD to the PS3 while MS is gouging out the ass for their proprietary ones.

bread's done
Back