possible to return a different unopened game to gamestop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegaweapon7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
bought borderland online but shipping is taking WAY too long...can I just go buy it at gamestop then return my new copy from online store later?

[quote name='JJSP']Not return fraud.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. You buy a sealed copy, you return a sealed copy. They can then sell that sealed copy and recoup the money they returned to you.

Please explain how that is fraud.

It's return fraud if you bought a copy of something on clearance at Target for $12 and tried returning it to WalMart (for example) for $59.99.

It's not return fraud if you bought a copy at MSRP at Gamestop and returned a sealed copy at the same store, regardless of where you got that copy from. You're simply returning the same product they gave you for the same amount you paid for it originally.

[quote name='JJSP']
It's not return fraud if you bought a copy at MSRP at Gamestop and returned a sealed copy at the same store, regardless of where you got that copy from. You're simply returning the same product they gave you for the same amount you paid for it originally.[/QUOTE]

It's mild return fraud. Most stores, if they knew, wouldn't be too pleased with being treated like a cost-free rental shop becuase you didn't feel like waiting for shipping (and would probably ask why you didn't buy from them in the first place- "we didn't make you wait!")

However, the store isn't going to know, becuase you're returning exactly what you bought. (You cashier may be annoyed and wonder why you wasted your time/money and theirs.)

It's not a big deal- but why so impaitent, anyway? I'm sure you've got other games to play for a week or so.

yeah i suppose some could possibly consider it "Return fraud" depending on how strict their definition of fraud is. when i worked customer service at CC, i would have customers come to return a game or movie they bought at our store, with their reciept...but bring it in a BB bag (which was lik 2 min away from our store). i mean i knew they were just returning the BB version to us, but it made absolutely no difference since its the same exact item, so i would just do it without question (other then possibly going "so i guess BB had a sale?").

Not that I'm trying to start a GS bashing session, but do you think they'd question why you're returning a new game from them that is still shrinkwrapped?

I don't think this falls in the realm of return fraud so to speak, but I'd get the in-hand copy from WalMart or BestBuy for peace of mind.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']It's mild return fraud. Most stores, if they knew, wouldn't be too pleased with being treated like a cost-free rental shop becuase you didn't feel like waiting for shipping (and would probably ask why you didn't buy from them in the first place- "we didn't make you wait!")

However, the store isn't going to know, becuase you're returning exactly what you bought. (You cashier may be annoyed and wonder why you wasted your time/money and theirs.)

It's not a big deal- but why so impaitent, anyway? I'm sure you've got other games to play for a week or so.[/QUOTE]

Correct. If you told Gamestop what you were doing, they'd tell you to go fuck yourself. You're lying to them, which could be considered fraud. It's a gray area.

Either way I'm gonna lock this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back