Possible XBL MS Points Idea

PhilESkyline

CAGiversary!
My question is, in light of the economic situation we are in do you think Microsoft will ever allow XBL user to transfer MS points to other XBL users?

I think this would be a great idea as some users may want to help out others who might need a few more points to download a game or some new content.

The only concern I could see is XBL users starting a betting system for games. Putting up 500 MS points for the best of three rounds in Street Fighter or Halo.

What are your thoughts?

[quote name='PhilESkyline']My question is, in light of the economic situation we are in do you think Microsoft will ever allow XBL user to transfer MS points to other XBL users?

I think this would be a great idea as some users may want to help out others who might need a few more points to download a game or some new content.

The only concern I could see is XBL users starting a betting system for games. Putting up 500 MS points for the best of three rounds in Street Fighter or Halo.

What are your thoughts?[/quote]

No and no. Gifting would result in account abuse (using multiple accounts to "harvest" points in free giveaways, such as the Dream Car Challenge), and the idea of "wagering" MSPoints is gambling, which I don't think Microsoft would touch with a 10 foot pole, if it's even legal.

~HotShotX

That's what I'm looking for.

If you have a clan on Halo 3 and you all need to be on the same map in order to play it would be nice for a team member to share his MS Points with another teammate.

Or maybe you just want to gift a friend for Christmas, Birthdays, etc...

[quote name='Bretters']They used to have a web application to allow gifting of Microsoft points, but it stopped working long ago.

I wish they would fix it... some good co-op games I'd like to buy for people.[/quote]

That's what I'm looking for.

For instance, if you have a clan on Halo 3 and you all need to be on the same map in order to play, it would be nice for a team member(s) to share his or her MS Points with another teammate.

Or maybe you just want to gift a friend for Christmas, Birthdays, etc...

This could even come in handy for CAG if they want to do personal giveaways.

It's a thought...

[quote name='PhilESkyline']No I don't mean your points you gain from playing games I mean the points you buy you download content.[/quote]

That's what MSPoints are, I understood clearly what you were referring to.

~HotShotX

I would prefer the ability to gift games/map packs/anything on the marketplace. It still wouldn't stop people from hording points from contests, but at least they can't gift points, they'd have to spend those points on a game or something and gift them.

[quote name='HotShotX']That's what MSPoints are, I understood clearly what you were referring to.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Sorry about that, I didn't fully understand your response.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']MS are greedy bastards. I wish we had a PSN game sharing type deal, that's nice.[/QUOTE]

MS wants every user to buy their own legitimate copy of a game... how dare them! fuckers!

I never said cheat the system, now did I?
I'm simply saying it'd be nice if they had some sort of sharing system like the PSN does for PS3.

And if you don't think MS are greedy, you're an idiot.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Name a successful company that isn't.[/quote]
Truth, obviously the point is to make money.
I can say that MS is pretty cool in buying out DLC and games for exclusive times though. I just wish the marketplace was cheaper or some kind of sharing system. Some of the prices are just ridiculous.

bread's done
Back