Possibly scammed by stormrider81

DaddyBoJangles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Im the type of person who likes to give the benefit of the doubt to people. I can be a patient person as long as someone works with me and explains their situation to me, but a couple of weeks ago I had made a deal with stormrider for one of my guides for one of his guides + game, and he agreed. We both had around the same feedback so I agreed to shipping at the sametime since im a trusting person(perhaps too trusting). My guide arrived to him friday January 30th.

Like all of my trades I put ship confirmation on it so fellow cags can see I shipped and so they can track if they like. I saw the package arrived to stormraider on the 30th and sent him a message making sure everything arrived ok and if he had shipped my stuff yet, he never responded to that pm despite being online throughout the weekend on cag. So I sent him another message on 2nd, then on the 4th, and then on the 6th I sent him a message saying he had till sunday to respond or I was going to contact a mod. Since the message on the 4th he hasn't logged in so again I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

In none of my messages did I accuse him of being a scammer, i simply asked him if he had shipped yet, if not when he was going to, and if it was a financial thing or he had some emergenacy just let me know whats going on and it was cool, but he never responded. The trade wasn't a very big one, I traded my Persona 3 guide to him so its not a terrible loss, it just sucks being scammed and pisses me off somewhat. I have had zero problems out of anyone here before this. He had 100 percent feedback on 13 trades so i thought it would be legit,

Should I contact the mods and let them know or should I give him a little more time?

contact the mod.... i'd say you've given him enough time since he has not replied to any of your messages.

hope things get sorted out. would not want bad trade to happen to a fine trader like yourself.

I agree with the others, you've been amazingly patient and understanding already. All you asked for was a short PM explaining what was going on. This guy blatantly lied to you about cross shipping and then blatantly stole from you by not holding up his part. As you said, he has been on line and has had time to give an explanation if something came up.

Definitely bring this to the mods.
Stuff happens, but nothing is worse when you are not able to get any sort of communication from the other side :/.

i traded with this guy too...i had problems with him since my stuff that i sent to him was MINT but what i recieved was not MINT like he claimed to be...he avoided me for about a month till i got a mod involved...but in the end, i never did get that dvd set to compensate for the crap i got.....this guy needs to go

Mod. Not much left that you can do. You did everything possible and gave him every chance in the world to explain.

[quote name='danthemightyone']I've traded with him several month ago. I had no trouble at all.

I hope you can sort this out without much hassle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this about sums up my thought. I also traded him more than a guide, so i'm glad it worked out for me (sorry). IDK, he didn't seem like a bad guy to me, i dopn't know what's up. Maybe someone can try contacting him through AIM/Facebook or something, TMK seems to know all of that stuff. Sorta scares me sometimes...

Seems like the people that commit these scams (these days) are hobos. You lost a guide and some other dude lost like $20. It just doesn't seem worth it in my point of view.

[quote name='the_punisher'] Maybe someone can try contacting him through AIM/Facebook or something, TMK seems to know all of that stuff. Sorta scares me sometimes...[/quote]

TMK is an amateur internet detective. He checked my background too. It is kinda of eerie when a dude digs up your dirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted a mod, i too am confused as to why you would throw your rep away over a book i paid 14.99 for :/ youd think i traded the guy a ps3 or ds or something. No matter the value of the item scamming is wrong, but i guess this weeds out the scammers, like i said i had no problem with any cags on here except this one, its a great community but i guess every community has its flaws.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']I contacted a mod, i too am confused as to why you would throw your rep away over a book i paid 14.99 for :/ youd think i traded the guy a ps3 or ds or something. No matter the value of the item scamming is wrong, but i guess this weeds out the scammers, like i said i had no problem with any cags on here except this one, its a great community but i guess every community has its flaws.[/quote]

Scamming itself is bad regardless of the value. Anything can happen when the economy sucks this badly. :(

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']I contacted a mod, i too am confused as to why you would throw your rep away over a book i paid 14.99 for :/ youd think i traded the guy a ps3 or ds or something. No matter the value of the item scamming is wrong, but i guess this weeds out the scammers, like i said i had no problem with any cags on here except this one, its a great community but i guess every community has its flaws.[/quote]

uhmm...
maybe now is not the right time to tell you this, but.........
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0974170097

hopefully it will work out in the end
Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about that. I hope you get something back. I have only had great experiences here and hope to keep it that way.

Every time I feel at ease about trading, something like this happens.

Sorry to hear about your situation dude, especially since you're a great trader and all.

Hmmm, I'm going to say this sounds like a scam to me, because I actually sent him 3 guides like a month ago for 2 PS1 games. Checking the DC#, he apparently received them on January 17th (wow, I didn't realize it was this long ago.....), and he responded once on the 19th saying how work got busy and he got slammed with a snowstorm. I gave him the benefit of a doubt, but sent him messages every five or so days since then and haven't gotten a response. I know he read my last one because his last activity on the site was like 30 minutes after I sent it.

Luckily for me, I'm only out a grand total of $4.40, including packaging. I probably should have been doubtful, because he wanted two (IMO) pretty shitty guides and one decent, but abundant, one, but he was offering me two pretty low value games. I just don't understand why he would try to scam me out of a Condemned 2: Bloodshot, Rainbow Six Vegas, and Orange Box guide.

EDIT - Forgot to mention, sorry about your situation DaddyBoJangles. As the person who I've done both my biggest and my second biggest trades with, I know you're a great trader and it sucks you've got to put up with this crap.

Is posting this guys address and other information in this thread against any rules? There might be a CAGer out there who can somehow reverse look up his phone number or other information. I know none of the items lost were worth a whole lot, but I'd still call this guy if I lost something to ask him why he's stealing from me.

It looks like I also did business with stormrider81. Luckily it worked out for me (of course, I made him ship first). Good luck BoJangles.

yeah next time i don't care if i have 23 itrade and they have 22 itrade ima have to have them ship first, i thought a cross ship would be ok given his feedback but im kicking myself over it now. :/ no luck on getting in touch with him yet but he hasn't logged on in about a week now so who knows.

That last log on was exactly 30 minutes after I sent him a PM about not getting my stuff. I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt because something could truly be up, but it's been nearly a month for me......

[quote name='MikeBastard']Is posting this guys address and other information in this thread against any rules? There might be a CAGer out there who can somehow reverse look up his phone number or other information. I know none of the items lost were worth a whole lot, but I'd still call this guy if I lost something to ask him why he's stealing from me.[/quote]Yes, it is against the rules.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, it is against the rules.[/quote]

I figured it was thats why I am keeping his personal information(ie: name and mailing address private) I just wanted to warn other cags, don't trade with this guy, I still havent left him feedback and I probably wont. But if he sends me a message and explains himself then I will be cool with it, im a easy going person, if you have a problem and tell me ill work with you. But if its been a month for Rave Child and its been 2 weeks now for me, I think its safe to say were scammed.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']I figured it was thats why I am keeping his personal information(ie: name and mailing address private) I just wanted to warn other cags, don't trade with this guy, I still havent left him feedback and I probably wont. But if he sends me a message and explains himself then I will be cool with it, im a easy going person, if you have a problem and tell me ill work with you. But if its been a month for Rave Child and its been 2 weeks now for me, I think its safe to say were scammed. [/quote]I would suggest comparing shipping information between yourself and Rave Child, to make sure you're both dealing with the same person, and not someone who's changing names/addresses with each shipment.

I'd also suggest trying to track down a phone # from the address information, and try different first names to the same last name, in case it's his/her parents, grandparents or spouse.

I'd be willing to bet that if he is really scamming, there will be more ppl coming forward. since 2 people have had problem with him.

But seriously, no matter how valuable the items are, your itrader rating is your best protection. If you have more rating, make the other dude ship first. I'd say follow this rule until both you and the person you are trading with have 30+ rating (or if you dealt with him be4).

Hopefully he will come into his senses and start sorting things out. Good luck to both of you.

As of this post I have attempted to contact stormraider via myspace and he read the message and would not reply, ill give him a little bit longer because i would like this to be resolved but I dont think its going to.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']I tried contacting him again a couple of days ago and again I was ignored, it looks like this is over for the most part.[/QUOTE]If I get time, I'll see if I can dig up anything else.

I sold him five games in December/January via PayPal. He paid before I shipped and left feedback afterward. We always had good communication.

One odd thing, though - he wanted things sent to his address (as opposed to the one which showed up in PayPal). He claimed that the PayPal address was his wife's...

Maybe he's going through some sort of personal problem right now - but certainly he should have been in touch. I have additional contact info for him if you want it - just pm me.

It would seem like it's time to bump the iTrader trust level to 30+ feedback but I'm still fine with anything above 10, as long as they contribute to the forum regularly.

[quote name='dsheinem']
Maybe he's going through some sort of personal problem right now - but certainly he should have been in touch. I have additional contact info for him if you want it - just pm me.[/QUOTE]Sometimes that is true. Like for instance, one person started a thread in mid to late January about being scammed, when it was only five days. He still got the package (although a bit later), so he left neutral feedback. I'm a little upset over it (this is one of my CAG friends afterall) because he actually had a serious family emergency and was off the internet for a while (wasn't on PSN, CAG, AIM, etc.), but has now returned. IMO, I think it was very thoughtful of him to at least try to complete the trade despite all that happened.

Yeah I was going to send his wife a letter but im going to let it go, ill just be more cautious next time. I appreciate everyones help. Hopefuly stormraider will at least be banned, he had more than enough time to respond to this.

[quote name='dsheinem']Maybe he's going through some sort of personal problem right now - but certainly he should have been in touch. I have additional contact info for him if you want it - just pm me.[/QUOTE]

i HIGHLY doubt it...this guy kept making BS excuses like "oh, i though i already replied ot you" when i know for a fact he was just avoiding me (cause he didnt reply back untill i got a mod involved)

No activity from stormrider81 over this issue, and they've logged into CAG since after the last activity in this thread. stormrider81 has been banned and added to the BTL. Unsticking this thread.

bread's done
Back