Post some (older) gaming music that you still can hum after all these years...

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
I'll let you be the judge of what "older," means to you. Now, you don't necessarily need to love the music -- just what's still stuck in your brain after a thousand other games have had their chance to stick.

Post a sample clip, if you're so inclined.

I'm going to give my nod to Warcraft ][. I can still hum any of the tracks. Maybe too many LAN games back in the day. "Work-work-work." :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Bk66zL4XI&feature=related

ahh Warcraft my true gaming love

I always voice out sounds from zelda and stuff (especially if you find something you make the sound and hold it over your head)

Ice Climber's music :] and Kid Icarus reminds me of good G4

Off the top of my head (excluding Mario mainline series melodies)

Chrono Trigger (havent played it in at least 10 years)
---Brink of Time
---Millennial Fair
---Zeal Palace

Final Fantasy 4
---Battle Theme
---Theme of Love
---Overworld Theme
---Moon Theme
---Mystidia
---Prologue

Final Fantasy 6
---Dancing Mad

Final Fantasy 7
---Aeris Theme
---Those Who Fight Further (boss battle)
---Jenova Theme
---One Winged Angel

Super Mario Kart
---Vanilla Lake Theme
---Bowser Castle Theme
---Mario Circuit Theme

Megaman 2
---Wiley Stage
iconheartbeatgt4.gif

---Air Man Stage
iconheartbeatgt4.gif

Megaman 3
---Stage Select Theme
---Boss Battle Theme

I make classic game tunes and sounds into my ringtones.

If you have a Verizon phone you can make free ringtones at will. So I have all kinda stuff.

My favorite is the Metal Gear solid codec sound when I get a text.

Each of my friends has a different classic nes tune for a ringtone.

Pro Wrestling, Contra, SMB, Excite Bike, etc...

[quote name='ToadallyAwesome']This thread has me excited (obligatory Ninja Gaiden Post)

Ninja Gaiden - Stage 4-2 (mine stage)

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Stage 2-2 (cliff/wind stage)[/QUOTE]

The Ninja Gaiden series and the Castlevania series had the best music on the NES.

The best 8-bit era intro of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPL-VLGJ7C0

Pretty impressive what they managed to pull off with hardware that limited.

[quote name='Puffa469']I make classic game tunes and sounds into my ringtones.

If you have a Verizon phone you can make free ringtones at will. So I have all kinda stuff.

My favorite is the Metal Gear solid codec sound when I get a text.

Each of my friends has a different classic nes tune for a ringtone.

Pro Wrestling, Contra, SMB, Excite Bike, etc...[/quote]

how do you do that exactly?

[quote name='lokizz']how do you do that exactly?[/quote]

Attach a sound file to an email and email to [email protected], with the X's being your cell number.

Your phone will receive a picture message, but there wont be a picture. Select 'options' on your phone and then select 'save as ringtone' and viola, the sound you sent yourself is now a ringtone on your phone.

[quote name='fart_bubble']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jQRGLoiiek
[/quote]

Cool thread, all these old Nintendo themes bring back fond memories.

The above has been my ring tone for about 3 months now. I've gotten so many reactions from it lol.:D

LOVE the idea of the Metal Gear Codec for a txt. Hit youtube and this guy has it and a link to download it even. I'm going to fiddle with it now and see how it sounds. Enjoy.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WpRIZ3nuY

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Puffa469']Attach a sound file to an email and email to [email protected], with the X's being your cell number.

Your phone will receive a picture message, but there wont be a picture. Select 'options' on your phone and then select 'save as ringtone' and viola, the sound you sent yourself is now a ringtone on your phone.[/quote]

thanks for the info on that. once i locate a few i want to use im going to send myself some.

Listen to about 0.30. I can actually 'hum' (sing?) that part, but it does get me more odd looks

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5OlkoP5jdI[/media]

can't access youtube from work, but it's funny. I was walking to a meeting here and started humming, and I had to stop and figure out what it was from.

It was the theme to RC Pro Am on the NES.

[quote name='Puffa469']
My favorite is the Metal Gear solid codec sound when I get a text.[/quote]

Actually I used to have the codec sound as my ringer, and the sound it makes when you alert a guard (and the exclamation point appears over their head) as a text.

Now that I have an iPhone I can't customize the text noise anymore :(

[quote name='Deefuzz']Actually I used to have the codec sound as my ringer, and the sound it makes when you alert a guard (and the exclamation point appears over their head) as a text.

Now that I have an iPhone I can't customize the text noise anymore :([/quote]

There are ways to use custom wav's as your ringer for the iPhone, you just have to use third party apps to create the ringer and get it onto your phone. It's a bit of a pain but its certainly possible.

Even funnier would be to take pictures of people on your contact list and photoshop an exclamation point over their heads and use those pics to come up when they call.

bread's done
Back