Post Your Best Deal of 2004

hardwo0d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
What was the best deal you got thorugh Cheapassgamer.com in 2004

Phantom Brave: $0.00 (Free)

Due to an error by Sony I received Phantom Brave for free during that fiasco a few months back. Some people got an internet coupon I got Phantom Brave!

Gamerush itself. Constant deals, and good product. Hardly shop at other game stores now(except for EB's %85 off pc games...that was good too)

Easily Gamerush. I've turned probably $400 out of pocket at various other stores into at least $3000 worth of games, systems, and accessories at Gamerush!

Second would be the CC $5 sell-a-thon from early Summer! A great many of those games went towards the Gamerush bonanza that still continues today (I've got at least 8 titles preordered that have yet to come in!)

Ace Combat 5 for 5 bucks from the Sears misprint - the ones who managed to get CC to PM the ad got the game for a mere 49 cents, that's $49.50 off the MSRP, easily a better deal than Phantom Brave for free, which I've seen for $39.99 at Best Buy.

I had a lot of really good deals this year.

My Best ones I think were;
Final Fantasy (NES) in Mint condition (Game, Box, Mannual, Map, foam block) for $15.00.
Xbox with two large controlers $75
Resident Evil 2 & 3 GameCube versions both for $30, My GameStop was selling them as Used, But they were still factory sealed.
Shinobi and Nightshade for $25 new.
DreamCast, 30 games, 4 controlers, 3 lightguns, 2 VMU, and a steering wheel for Free!

I had a lot of great deals this year to many to remeber them all =P

I think my collection grew by at least 50 games if not more this year.

[quote name='int80h']Used Super Nintendo console for 25 cents at a garage sale. Works great![/quote]

Damn, that is good!

32 videogames (mostly PS2 and Xbox) at CompUSA for $63.05 after rebates. I have only recently discovered this site, but it is a fantastic place. Thanks!

I got my SNES and Genesis from the Dumb (not at the same time), some one threw them out with controlers and games. They both work great just needed a little cleaning. ^_^

I have to agree about the $4.99 Circuit City sale from this past summer. I was one of the first people in my local CC, so I got 20 of the best titles for about $100.

Also, not necessarily a deal, but the free $100 Amazon GC with the AOL trial was definitely nice also.....

Thank you CAG for a great 2004!!

[quote name='hardwo0d']What was the best deal you got thorugh Cheapassgamer.com in 2004

Due to an error by Sony I received Phantom Brave for free during that fiasco a few months back. Some people got an internet coupon I got Phantom Brave![/quote]

What was that Sony fiasco? Was it that one with the Demo disc?

[quote name='mario23air']Ghost Recon 2 for $20 is one that comes to mind.[/quote]

For me, it was the first deal taken advantage of thanks to this site. Kmart? Who woulda thunk it...

A few come to mind but here are the highlights:

Ace Combat $5 from WalMart pricematching Sears

GTA - San Andreas and Donkey Konga for less than $14 with trades at Media Play for the Wal-Mart $10 3 pack.

I'm not sure about last year, but best deal this year so far: Recently bought a GameCube and it came with a 15$ gift certificate towards a game... so I picked up Animal Crossing today for $5.99.

Tie between the CC $5 Madness and the $10 TRU coupon where I got about 20 games for 40 cents each.

The EB used PC games sale was good too. got about 60 games for 30 bucks.

Man I love CAG...

Best deal would be a free copy of Halo 2 from the microsoft.com website. I was just browsing and It suddenly poped-up that microsoft was going to send me a free copy of Halo 2 (after Christmas due to shipping of other's stuff). I was skeptical at first but when I recieved it I had to put all my doubts aside. This was my best deal of 2004.

Easily the CC sale, where I picked up close to 30 games, got all the ones I really craved as well

Picked up alot of 1-3 buck DC games during one of TRU's sales too

Got about 70 NES and SNES games free, including C Trigger, FF's 2, 3, and mystic quest

Secret of Mana 2 bucks from pawn shop

Picked up about 10 games from BB's clearance last spring

Many many EB and gamestop deals including a sealed DDR disney for 24.99

I constanly see people talking about the CC $5 sale and while I do remember it, my CC blows ass and never have good stuff EVER! Can someone clue me in one some of the highlight titles from the sale?

I was on vacation for the week of the $5 CC sale, without access to a computer. By the time I knew about it it was already over. Life is funny sometimes.

Ace Combat 5 for $5 at TRU pricematching Sears.

The CC deal was great, but the games that my store carried weren't $50 to begin with. Disgaea specifically wasn't in stock, the best buy I got from that deal was probably either Pikmin or Def Jam, both of which I love and played to death.

Several deals come to mind, such as the CC $5 sale, the EB used PC game sale, Doom 3 @ EB for $10 on BF, and several others. But nothing tops the year-round permenant deals from Rhino. I don't have a Gamerush in my area, and I don't mind - I'd be very surprised if they can beat Rhino's trade-in deals. When I can get a brand-new game for on average $15-20, sometimes less....THAT'S a deal. :D

I got 6 games from the $5 CC sale (played all but PN 03, soon hopefully)and I had a gift card to use from my birthday, so it cost me nothing.

Negative effects - Got me into Pikmin, which made me drop full price on the sequel release day.

I missed out on the Overstock.com $2 late night sale, but that was up there for some.

[quote name='rjarmstrong100'][quote name='hardwo0d']What was the best deal you got thorugh Cheapassgamer.com in 2004

Due to an error by Sony I received Phantom Brave for free during that fiasco a few months back. Some people got an internet coupon I got Phantom Brave![/quote]

What was that Sony fiasco? Was it that one with the Demo disc?[/quote]

I think he was talking about when they had all those games marked down around October.

Anyway my best deal was at my local Gamestop, when they had all their Dreamcast & SNES games 50% off the price tag. I grabbed up a lot of gems when they still had them.

There are so many...

Viewtiful Joe $5
F-Zero GX - $10
1080 Avalanche - $10
Katamari Damacy - $12.50
SSX3 - $12.50
Ratchet & Clank 2 - $12.50
Jak II - $12.50
... etc.

The overstock sale for $2 each and about 1.34 shipping I got
Arc the lad twilight
Def Jam Vendetta
Wild Arms 3
X men 2 DVD

Also the JcPenney Sims 2 for $20 was a great deal

I think I would have to go with CC $5 sale, I picked up

Sega Soocer Slam (GC)
Smugglers Run: Warzones (GC)
Breath of Fire II (GBA)
Resident Evil: Dead AIM (PS2)

I dont have the opportunity to get in on many deals. Most electronics stores that sell games are an hour away, or i just dont have them (gamerush).

I did however get in on the Walmart Donkey Konga deal, bought a few at 30 when they should have been 50.

I found only one decent game (Pikmin) at the CC $5 sale, so it wasn't the best one for me.

My best was the $34.95 GBA/e-Reader bundle Amazon.com had for half a day. That's a GBA with an e-Reader for the price of an e-Reader alone.

A close second was finding a legit Tactics Ogre for GBA with box and all inserts except manual for $10 at a pawn shop, though that was more luck than a deal.

Best deals of 2004 for me...

1. Prince of Persia: TSoT and Splinter Cell both on Xbox for $39.98 @ Circuit City (in January 2004, this was one hell of a deal)

2. $4.99 sale @ Circuit City

3. ATV Offroad Fury 3 (PS2) *SEALED* for FREE from SCEA

4. Coconuts gave me $10.00 in cash and a *SEALED* Fable (Xbox), for doing nothing (hard to explain, but true)

5. $7.99 for the Sony brand DVD Remote+ for PS2 @ Circuit City

6. Numerous games/accessories I got for FREE using FYE store credit (GTA San Andreas, Fable, MegaMan AC, Sony brand Multi-Tap for PS2, etc.) @ FYE stores

7. Time Crisis 3 with GunCon2 *SEALED* for less than $8.00 (using FYE store credit) @ Coconuts

8. DOA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Xbox) *SEALED* for $19.99 (FREE with FYE store credit) @ Coconuts

That's all I can think of for the time being.

Best finds..........
Earthbound $3 Gamerush cartridge only
Xenogears $14 flea market complete
Sims 2 $10 flea market complete
Xbox DVD kit $5 Kb toys

Hastings 4 for 1 = multiple new games
2x Halo 2 CE and 2x GTA:SA = $8 out of pocket
CC sale, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 = $4.99
Sims 2 @ JCPenney.com $21.99 or so

Vandal Hearts 9.99
Vandal Hearts 2 6.99
Breath of Fire III 9.99
Breath of Fire IV 12.99
Tales of Destiny 6.99
Suikoden 6.99
Suikoden II 6.99
Lunar: Silver Star Story 6.99
Lunar: Eternal Blue 6.99
Total $50.94

I got them with the b2g1 deal from gamerush... the same person must have traded all of these in... I guess he was a desperate, and crazy, "former" rpg gamer.

bread's done
Back