Post Your Bf Haul, People!!!

jpuma1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've seen different threads, decided to put it all into one, if there already isn't one. Sorry too lazy to look, I've been up for 24 hrs.

So after dinner, decided to hit the CompUSA on Rt. 22 in Union, NJ, in the frickin cold :cold: for the midnight madness sale with two friends. Took three hours, 1 for the items, 2 JUST FOR CHECKOUT. But we got the two most sought after items, the 160 GB external HD and the 80 GB external HD (for my friends) :applause: , plus others.

We got to friend's home round 3, stayed up till 5, saw this UNGODLY long line at bestbuy that went around the corner, through the parking lot, all the way to another strip mall!! F- that, man. Headed to Circuit City, picked up a DLP Projector, headed back to BB, where everyone was now in the store, picked up all three seasons of 24 on DVD plus a very nice game (listed below). Finally, got home now to sleep, but not before listing

MY HAUL (AR denotes after rebates):
160 GB external HD - 49.99 (AR) :bouncy:
Linksys Wireless G-Router with Speedbooster - 59.99 (AR)
In-Focus SVGA DLP Projector - 499.99 (AR)
Prince of Persia: WW - 9.99
24 (Seasons 1, 2, and 3) - 19.99 each!
Indigo Prophecy: 29.99 (USING OUR EVER SO POPULAR BestBuy $10 COUPON SCANS :cool: !!! AWESOMENESS!!)

All in all, not bad, saved approx. $504 total this BF on all this crap. I'm most proud of the 160 GB HD :drool: , cause CompUSA was a MADHOUSE for that crap, and my seasons of 24, cause I love that show :lol: !

I...sleepy...goodnite..

Got to Circuit City shortly after open at 5am, it was a madhouse, but I scored the last copy of Arrested Development S2 for my fiancee (I hate doing this, cause I'm not a huge fan of the show, but she loves it and I'm the one with the DVD player :p), and the Sandisk 1GB MP3 player for $69.99 (got the Protection Plan for $15 cause that model has some durability issues and it can be replaced in-store if defective). Picked up the GBA SP bundle which I will be returning, and got X-Men 2 for my sister, even though they charged me 9.99 as opposed to the 7.99 in the ad.

Then got over to Target as they were opening, walked in with everyone else from the parking lot bypassing the line, got the GBA SP bundle there that I'm actually keeping, and Family Guy Volume 2. GBAs sold out in the 10 minutes I was in the store.

Was there anything special going on at MicroCenter? I didn't know if they had specific BF sales, but there was as much of line there as Target.

Oh yeah, and I avoided Best Buy by getting Seasons 1-3 of 24 online last night, the $5 shipping was probably worth avoiding the crowd.

And I'll probably try to make it to EB sometime today to take advantage of the B2G1F.

I hit up Best Buy and got

The laptop for $378
24 S2
24 S3
Shark Tale
Anchorman
Along Came Polly
The Interpreter
Arrested Development S1
Sansa 512 MP3 Player

All in all I'm freezing, but extremely happy!!!

{}

There's my haul. Nothing really appealed to me this year. Now if ebgames would post the Doom 3 Collectors Ed for $19.99 online, then that may change.

Hit Circuit City at 5:00 and got the HP printer/scanner/copier

Then ToysRUs about 5:30 and picked up NFS:MW with the free wheel and that six-pack of PS2 games (both for my brother-in-law for Christmas)

Then got in line at Target at 5:45 to get the $5.88 Harry Potter DVDs.

Stopped at Krispy Kreme and was home by 6:30!

[quote name='megashock5']Hit Circuit City at 5:00 and got the HP printer/scanner/copier

Then ToysRUs about 5:30 and picked up NFS:MW with the free wheel and that six-pack of PS2 games (both for my brother-in-law for Christmas)

Then got in line at Target at 5:45 to get the $5.88 Harry Potter DVDs.

Stopped at Krispy Kreme and was home by 6:30![/QUOTE]
Most impressive.
Mine was went to mall at 6:30, harassed co-worker through gate at EB until it opened at 7. Then bought some dvds and then went to Waldenbooks for their buy 4 get 1 free sale. Went to Sam Goody ate some Chick-fila and walked home. I was home at 8.

Hit Best Buy for the Arrested Development S2 for $14.99 (CC was OOS)
Meijers had Garfield DVD for $9.88 (had a $2 off coupon - for the daughter)
Got Mario Cart DS and Nintendogs DS for $47 total (B1G1 60% off) and then PMd SW BF II for $12.99

Light haul, but I'm waiting for the Mrs. to report back.

got

24 season 2 and season 3 at best buy
Friends season 9 at meijers
Simpson season 6 and family guy season 2 at CC

a stuff dog from meijers (xmas gift)
a cd boombox from meijers 9.97
2 toasters 1 blender and 1 choper 3.88 each from meijers

glass snowman coffee cup 99 cents k merchndise
3 wind chimes 1.99 each from K merch.

8 giant candy bars from walgreens 49 cents each

thinking about buying 3 games off ebgames but probally wont

i got better stuff last year though

(last year dvd player 4 dvd movies sweeper phone ect)

overall i give today a 5 out of 10.. wasnt really nothing to really grab today.. Now tomorrow im going over to best buy to try to pm a psp

NOW FOR CROWDS

CC was insane you couldnt even getting a parking spot at 4am (store open at 5) went back at 530 and the line was wrapped around the store to check out. Said screw it went home and ordered stuff onine

this year we was home at 730am est (after leaving at 445am) was going to leave at 4 till my cousin called and told me about CC parking lot

this year
2005 LEft 445am home 730am (stores opened at 5am this year)
2004 Left 530am home 945 am (stores opened at 6am last year )

stores
2005 Jcpenny,meijers,Ks, walgreens HOME (4 stores)
2004 Meijers,walmart,target,hh gregs,k mart, ks, walgreens HOme (7 stores)

so you can see i ran a hell of a lot more last year.. there was nothing at all this year

i asked myself if the 512mb sd card, brother in arms and doom 3 was worth the trip to cc this early (9.99) each...decided no but i thought about it dammit especially the memory card. really i got a couple of xbox games that i haven't even touched, so a couple of more seemed silly.

i will be going to walmart later for the $17 beard trimmer. mine broke and my facial hair is drawing attention at the office.

CC was ridiculous, the only thing I missed out on was the Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD, but otherwise, I had a solid haul:

Cranium with free card game - 19.99 AR
Arrested Development S2 - 12.99
Harry Potter POA - 7.99
Half Life Anthology - 4.99
TWO 512 mb SD cards - 9.99 each AR
Road to Perdition (random cheap movie) - 4.99

Then I was felt like taking a risk and checking out Target. I wanted the Stewie Griffin DVD but was almost certain it would be sold out by this time (8 am). Lo and behold, there were a bunch of copies of that, more copies of FG V2 than CC had before selling out, and a ton of other bargain DVDs. I picked up Harry Potter COS, realized that I was an idiot for missing the sale on the HP DVD I got at Circuit City, but it was only 2 bucks off, not worth the trouble of returning. Total from Target:

FG V2 - 17.88
Stewie Griffin Story - 8.88
Harry Potter COS - 5.88

I was really impressed with Target's service. They had just as many cashiers as CC, more merch, but I got out of their way quicker, and they just kept on restocking their sale items like crazy.

Well, my morning went like this:
Woke up at 4:15, left the house at 4:45 and got to Staples at 5.
There was absolutely no line, so I decided to go to walmart.
There, the parking lot was full, and many people were inside, but almost every deal was there when I arrived.
I was looking for the gba sp, and didn't realize it was behind the counter where a line was forming.
I decided to go check out the other deals anyway, and picked up some 3.44 dvds.
Anyway, after I figured out the Sp situation, I got in line, and realize the laptops were behind the desk as well.
By the time I got to the front they had 2 boxes left of SPs, and no laptops. It kills me because I would have got one if I had just stood in the line from the beginning. I opted not to get the Sp because the screen was not the new one. At this point it is only 5:25, so I head over to staples.
Outside there is a tiny line with about 9 people and me.
At 6:50, the guy comes out and handouts out tickets.
I had no problem getting the 200gb HD, and a 512 SD card, the only things I wanted.
So, after all that got home at 6:00 and went back to sleep.
-Haul
-200 gb HD
-512 mb SD card
Total 101
After rebates
$45 :) :) :)

120GB Seagate Internal Harddrive-$30 after rebates
ATI Raeon X700 Pro Graphics Card- $99 after rebates
Happy Gilmore + Bily Madison - $4 Each
Battery Charger - $10
Car Crash - Priceless ( Ha, no seriously though, I got into a car crash on the way to Bestbuy :( )

Left at 5, got there at 7 :lol:

[quote name='jimbo12457']120GB Seagate Internal Harddrive-$30 after rebates
ATI Raeon X700 Pro Graphics Card- $99 after rebates
Happy Gilmore + Bily Madison - $4 Each
Battery Charger - $10
Car Crash - Priceless ( Ha, no seriously though, I got into a car crash on the way to Bestbuy :( )

Left at 5, got there at 7 :lol:[/QUOTE]

whos fault was the car crash

the sheild season 2, 24 season three, arrested devolopment seasons 1 + 2 - best buy
Family guy volume 2, stewie griffin untold story, mario kart ds - target
Half life 2 xbox, Fullmetal alchemist 2 - fred meyer.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for $10 from Best Buy. Went in with a friend on the B2G1 Free at gamestop. Picked up Beyond Good and Evil and Capcom Fighting Evolution (I know, crappy game but it's a 2D fighter that is online. I bitched for YEARS about online fighting games so I feel the strange need to get them all.) Lines were MAD crazy at Best Buy and Circuit City. My first and only black friday.

i wasn't gonna go but my friends dragged me last min. if i didn't go it would've been my first time in 7 years not going. im glad i went the camera i got is ULTRAAA freakin awesome. really small. very very happy this year.

frys elec.

got 5mp casio digital camera=127 bux regular is 299. small ass camera, nice!
wireless router=straight up 15 bux. bought it just for mario kart.
price matched mario kart=28 bux.
128 mb creative mp3 player= 17 bux.
world of warcraft=22 bux.
rice cookers=5 each (i'm asian !)

my girl got same camera
dvd vcr combo=48 bux.
dvdrs 25 pack=1.99
dvd burner 16x dual =29.99

friends got:
80 gig hd=free after mail in.
300 gig hd=70 bux? after mail in.
same mp3 player
256 meg usb card=9.99
19 inch lcd monitor= 189. mail in.
-------------------------

there was a huge line at the electronics department waiting to get 1 gig SD cards for 39.99. i really needed one for the new cam but said fuck it.

highlights:
5 people tried to cut right behind me and security caught them and yelled at them. good stuff.

some guy tried to steal a 15 dollar dvd player got caught! freakin owned.

2 guys almost got into a fight after bumping and yelling into each other.

all asians and indians there bought like 10 rice cookers each. not even jokin.

Not much:

EBGames:
Metal Gear Solid 3 - $9.99

Gonna get Call of Duty 2 from Best Buy tomorrow (why the hell aren't their deals online). They'll most likely still have because as of last week they still had that huge display with like 100 copies up, plus not alot of people buy games that require high-end PCs in my area. If anything, hopefully CC will pricematch it.

Went to Best Buy and the only thing I didn't get was the $150 computer, that thing was probably a piece of shit anyway.

14" Flat screen TV - $60 after MIB
SanDisk 512 mb MP3 Player - $40
Happy Gilmore, Minority Report - $4 each
Meet the Fockers - $6
Black Sabbath - Paranoid - $5

Then I went to Radio Shack. That place was sooo unorganized it wasn't even funny. Everyone that went there was going for the Sirius Sportster thing. I went for this:

Fuji 4.1 mp Digital Camera w/ free 256 mb SanDisk card - $150

All in all, I'm pretty happy, and my dad bought my breakfast :)

oh yea just wanted to post that the camera i bought was gone in about hmmm 20 seconds!!!! lol. and they had alot too.
==

mgs3 for 10 bux is awesome.
i'm also jealous everyone got the sd/compact flash cards. :( :( :(

256 Sandisk USB Drive - $14
3 DVDs for $3.44 Ea
Coffee Maker $4.00

Not really BF but good deals from Amazon wednesday
Feel the Magic XX/XY $10
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory $10
Polarium $10

CircuitCity.com (Added to cart at 4:40 am for sale price, but sold at 5:00 am)

Arrested Development Season 2 - $12.99
Will & Grace Season 4 - $14.99

Best Buy (about 9:15 am B&M)

Minority Report - $3.99
Catch Me if You Can - $3.99
Beautiful Mind - $3.99
Shield Season 3 - $19.99
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (X-Box) - $12.99 Pricematch to K-Mart :)

Target (8:30 am Saturday B&M)

That 70s Show Season 3 - $17.88

Best Buy (about 9:45 pm Saturday B&M)

Infected (PSP) - $29.99 Pricematch Circuit City
Snood 2 (DS) - $9.99

Had family online at 2:00am for the BestBuy Laptop, but the line was huge and they didnt get a ticket. Also, the Circuit City Laptop that was supposed to be online yesterday that wasnt, was on sale in store today, so we missed out. We didnt want to take a chance going to Circuit City first for the laptop just incase they said that was a Thanksgiving Day Online sale only, and we would of then missed out on the Best Buy one. Ehhh..Guess it wasnt meant to be.

Picked up the following:

Walmart: Remote Control Hummer - $20

Sears: 13" TV/DVD combo - $95

Best Buy: 30 GB Video iPod - $300, Arrested Development S1 & S2 - $15 each, 24 S3 - $20, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory - $20, Da Ali G Show S1 - $22, Anchorman - $6, Meet the Fockers - $6, Friday Night Lights - $6, World of Warcraft - $25

Gt $60 back in Gift Cards from BB for spending that much (15 for every 100 spent).

The only things for me are WoW and Friday Night Lights. :(

Ahaha, I feel bad for peeps that bought Arrested Development and Will + Grace that crap is the CHEESE.

250px-Swiss_cheese_cubes.jpg

A Beautiful Mind: $4
The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (live-action): $4
Catch Me If You Can: $4
Seinfeld: Seasons 1 and 2: $16
Coldplay: X&Y: $7
Doom 3: $10
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (X-Box): $30
Arrested Development: Season 2: $14
That 70's Show: Season 3: $18

All in all, an amazing haul. Thanks CAG!

Nvida geforce 7800 gt 256 graphics card - $279.99 (AR)
1 GIG DDR RAM - $69.99 (AR)
Plantronics Bluetooth Headset - $9.99
CSI Season 1 - $19.99
CSI Season 2 - $19.99
Point Break DVD - $2.99
Devils Advocate - $2.99
Ring - $2.99
Family Guy Untold Story - $8.88
Harry Potter Movies (all 3) @ $5.88 each
16x Dual Layer DVDRW Drive - $29.99

you guys won't believe this. at my BB (Rt. 22 in Union, NJ), there were people who camped out in front since 11:15 on THURSDAY NIGHT!!!

WTF was there that people would do that crap? When we came back around 6am, they all just left their blankets and cup o' noodles all over the sidewalk!

I just woke up so I got nothing and honestly nothing really caught my eye. The $400 laptop I thought would be good for some people I know. However they can just wait for a $600 dell and some coupon codes.

MGS3 from EBgames.com ($10)
Chappelle's Show Season 2 ($15) from BestBuy.com
Sleeping in and saying, "fuck the crowds." was totally worth the small amount I paid in shipping.

CC was packed. Wanted: $20 (AR) memory stick, $20 Panasonic phone, and Prince of Persia:WW but they were all gone.

Picked up: $20 DVD player, 512mb CF at CC.
Went to Staples and got two memory sticks ($30 AR each), two packs of DVDs ($3 AR), a shredder (free AR), and a couple of more 512mb CF ($10 AR)
Macy's: $35 shoes on clearance, my sister won $20 from their million $ giveaway contest

[quote name='KaneRobot']Battlefield 2 - $30 (CompUSA)

All I got, all I wanted. This BF was pretty weak.[/QUOTE]

did you go at midnight? I swear there were 1000 people there at the one I went to.

All I got was a case and power supply because I could not deal with going shopping today (plus I spent the whole night working on transferring components to it)

Gamestop: Doom 3 CE for $20
Circuit City: Brothers in arms RTH 30 $9.99
Best Buy: (not really a BF deal but it was a good deal), Unreal Championship used for $7.99 at my local best buy.

[quote name='111111']
all asians and indians there bought like 10 rice cookers each. not even jokin.[/QUOTE]

haha i love it...my best friends and my girlfriend are all asian, and the one staple no matter what time of day it is, no matter what meal...ya gotta have rice =)

To append my post way back at #2, just stopped by GameStop for their B2G1F, stocked up for the DS I won't own yet for another week or so:

Advance Wars DS - $26.99
Lunar Dragon Song - $26.99
Kirby Canvas Curse - FREE

Under $20 each after tax, I'm happy. They showed Castlevania in stock there, but I didn't see it, so Lunar is an okay replacement. These are actually the first "new" used games I've purchased, I'm happy with their minty freshness.

I'm so embarrased, I shame the CAG name with my lame haul. I went to gamestop and bought Shadow of Rome and Persona 2 and got Ninja Gaiden Black free. I was going to buy a bunch of cheap movies at Walmart, but my friends with me didn't want to wait in the lines.

My haul consisted of:

Best Buy:
The Shield S1-3 (plus an extra copy of S1 for my brother-in-law)
Arrested S2 (for my friend)
24 S2 (for my dad)
Anchorman (x2)
Meet the Fockers (for sis)
Five books for various family members
1 bag of Sour Patch Kids (see below)

Target:
Potter 3
Family Guy V2
A Senseo Coffeemaker (for my woman)
Various toys (for my son)

Circuit City:
Doom 3 XB
POP: WW XB

Best Buy was a fucking madhouse! I arrived at 5 a.m., got everything I needed in 15 minutes, and then waited in line for 90 minutes to pay! I was impressed with the shear amount of those $20 boxed sets they had in stock (the ad says at least 10 of each per store; there must have easily been 200+ of each on the floor). Also, their books are also *cheaper* than Barnes & Noble, even if they don't have the selection, so keep that in mind if you've got any readers on your list; I endured a second trip and a 30 minute wait in line, but probably saved ~$5/book. I had to buy the Sour Patch Kids to bump my second total up to $100 for the gift card (it was $99.60 before tax).

Target was far easier to get through. Just as much of a madhouse, but with 22 lanes open (and express lanes!), I was able to check out in 5 minutes. Circuit City took longer (~15), but their clerks seemed to have the best attitudes of the three.

Hope that everyone found lots of CA swag for themselves *and* others too!

-------DM

Wal*Mart:

Ratchet: Deadlocked
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Fatal Frame II
Samurai Warriors
Firefighter F.D. 18 (all PS2)
DVDs- Blade Runner: DC, Star Wars EP III Widescreen

Total: $103.66

Media Play:

Viewtiful Joe 2
Taito Legends
Capcom Classics Collection (all PS2)
Astro Boy GBA

Total: $51.15

Media Play was meh, but I'm pretty happy about the Wal*Mart haul. FWIW Batman Begins 2 disc was everywhere at $23-25ish. Gamestop did have Gitaroo-Man "used" for $45 and part of the b2g1f, but the line snaked around the store and it didn't look worth it. My friend I went with jumped on CC's 24" LCD HDTV for $499 after $200 rebate.

I went to CompUSA at about 11:30PM and waited in my car for 10 minutes before heading out (it was freezing outside). As soon as they went inside, I started looking for the 160GB external HDD out on the floor but couldn't find it anywhere... and I saw people walking with them fearing that they were gone. But luckily, they weren't... they were packed away in the back with other HDDs and stuff and most people didn't know the HDD was only $50 because there was no sign on it. And while standing in line, I saw a $15 DVD player and picked that up.

Over all, I spent 10 minutes looking around and waited a freakin hour to be rung up!I was going to go to BB and CC but said screw if I was going to have to wait so long in line. I did go to BB at about 11:45 AM, 15 before the deals ended but didn't see anything so I left.

But I'm happy with the External HDD, can't beat 160GB for $50! Oh, and the $15 progressive scan DVD player wasn't bad either.:D

My haul:
CompUSA- 160GB external HDD for $50, progressive scan DVD player for $15

I had to work Black Friday, which is an adventure in an of itself... however, my own parents went off to shop for me. They got a late start, about 9:00 am, I was certain they wouldn't get anything.

Best Buy - Lilo and Stitch for GBA and Snood 2 apparently sold out within minutes... kind of bummed, but I'll live. Employee told my Mom they only had about six copies of Lilo and Stitch to begin with. What they DID mention to grab me was this -

Catch me if you Can - 3.99
Billy Madison - 3.99
Minority Report - 3.99
In the Groove Bundle (game + 2 dance mats) - 29.99
24: Seasons 1, 2, AND 3 - 19.99 each

My Mom told me she almost got into a fight over 24: Season 2... she said they had plenty of 1 and 3, but no 2, so she used what I taught her about always checking behind everything and in all the cracks. Sure enough, someone stashed a Season 2 deep behind everything else... guy runs up to my Mom saying that it was his and tried to grab it, and I guess they got into a verbal argument.

Circuit City -

Seinfeld: Seasons 1 + 2 - 15.99

They didn't stay long here... Simpsons was already long sold out, but my pops got me the very last Seinfeld Season 1 + 2... I guess some guy also tried to grab it from him, but I don't know the details.

On my lunch break, I ventured to Wal-Mart and pm'ed Simpsons Season 6 down to 15.99. Score! After work, I decided to head to CC to get some cheap movies... since I know my CC is a bunch of lazy asses and don't put ALL the movies in the bin, I dug around and found some hidden copies of 8 Mile (4.99) and Scorpion King (also 4.99).

Was a good BF for me I think, maybe not so for my parents.

just the gba bundle at CC
and a 5 dollar dvd

i was gonna wait in the target line for their gba bundle but said screw it , it was freakin cold outside..... now i need to selll (or return those 2 games) bundled with the gba

WalMart
BattleFront 12.99

Best Buy
Chaos Theory 9.99

TRU
Sonic 2 Packs for GC (Sonic DX and Adventure 2 Battle) and (Sonic Mega collection and Sonic Heroes)
Not part of BF Sales but also picked up gulty gear isuka and dbz sagas for 10 bux each

Express
Dress Shirt, Scarf, and winter hat (free winter hat and scarf w/ every purchase) 19.99

Thats it nothing too exciting. Didnt leave the house till 8 so wasnt really expecting anything and still got everythin I was looking for. Lines at TRU and Express were huge but other than that barely had to wait in the other stores.

Nothing...

The only thing I was interested in this BF was the 160 GB External HDD, but unforunately I don't have a spare $100.00 dollars to spend.

bread's done
Back