Post Your Black Friday Stories/Hauls/Pics Here!

suko_32

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
So post your stories, hauls, pics of people in line, or whatever!

So far I picked up:
Sonic & the Secret Rings $14.99 (w/$5 GC)

Going to get Virtua Tennis (PS3) for $19.99 and maybe a B2G1 free, but probably going in the afternoon since I doubt everyone is rushing for these. That's about all.

Wish I had pics of people lining up :)

So far I have snagged Gun, Destroy All Humans 2 and The incredibles for $5 each. The last two are for my 6 year old and he will love them.

I ordered Orange Box from BestBuy though I haven't gotten any confirmation yet... it's been a while and it doesn't even show up in my account. I'm guessing it didn't go through or since they're getting bombarded, it's taking them a logn time. And I ordered a USB HDTV tuner from CompUSA for $30 AR- that's already been confirmed.

I don't think I'll be doing anything else until Friday when I got to the EB/GS B2G1F sale.

I ordered MLB2K7 (DS) for my son, Pirates (DS) for my daughter and Gun (360) for me. Not bad for $20.90, shipped. I had Gun and sold it, but never finished it. MLB I know sucks, but that is the only baseball for the DS and he loves baseball. And the fact that he is only 4, its great to him.

No shopping for me, only online shopping, but so far I have gotten:

The western digital hard drive from bestbuy.com (500gb)

Pair of sneakers (converse volitant, 22.99) from sears.com ordered with in store pickup so I can go late at night when the crowds have dispersed and they will be held for me.

So far got NBA 2K8 PS3 $28 shipped from amazon and a 4GB MS Pro Duo for $35 shipped from BB. Planning on mostly online purchases this year.

I found out CompUSA had 50% off clearance games + buy 1 get 1 free and the local store had some serious craziness going on.

I spend a little over $600 on everything in this picture:
compusa.jpg

Rundown:

360:
Bullet Witch
Gears of War x2
Godfather the Game
Viva Pinata SE
Fatal Enteria (this was a free game)
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires x3
DDR Universe bundle
Assassin's Creed LE

PS2:
God Hand x2
Karaoke Revolution American Idol
Karaoke Revolution American Idol bundle
Atelier Iris 3
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI
DDR Supernova x3
DDR Supernova bundle
Soul Nomad
Yakuza
Grand Theft Auto Triple Pack

PS3:
Uncharted
Full Auto 2
Godfather the Game
Folklore
Warhawk bundle

Wii:
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
Medal of Honor Vanguard x2
Alien Soldier
Sims 2: Pets
Mario Party 8
The Bigs
Elebits

PSP:
Full Auto 2
WTF x2
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
Platypus
Pirates!
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

Xbox:
Scarface

DS:
Quickspot
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Wario Master of Disguise
DS Web Browser
Pokemon Ranger

PC:
Vanguard SE

I just came back from the Fairlakes, VA Best Buy. At 9:15pm, there was already 200 people...and get this there were 9 TENTS set up!!! WHAT THE fuck!??!?!? I over heard that the first person in line was there at 7pm-8pm!! When I got to my spot, one muslum was in front of me and he was telling his friends to hurry up and bring the tent..... WTF?!?!?

So I said screw it, the chances of me getting that 120 dollar gps was extremely low. As I drove by I saw this one asian chick looking like she was freezing her ass off in her lawn chair, but then I saw...get this ... A FOOTBALL fall out of one of those tents and some nerd guy popping out of his tent to get it.

This isn't the 360/PS3/Wii Launch night..... and it isn't that cold....yet people are too pussy to wear a coat, hood, and gloves and wait it out so they have to buy a tent... what are they fucking doing that they need to put up a tent? Lesbian or Gay sex? A cheap tent isn't gonna keep you warm.

I will go in when it gets close to opening and try to be one of those fuckers who vulture the front of the line waiting for the doors to open and make the mad dash for the GPS. That best buy doesn't care if people do it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
I will go in when it gets close to opening and try to be one of those fuckers who vulture the front of the line waiting for the doors to open and make the mad dash for the GPS. That best buy doesn't care if people do it.[/quote]

You sir...

are an ASSHOLE.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I just came back from the Fairlakes, VA Best Buy. At 9:15pm, there was already 200 people...and get this there were 9 TENTS set up!!! WHAT THE fuck!??!?!? I over heard that the first person in line was there at 7pm-8pm!! When I got to my spot, one muslum was in front of me and he was telling his friends to hurry up and bring the tent..... WTF?!?!?

So I said screw it, the chances of me getting that 120 dollar gps was extremely low. As I drove by I saw this one asian chick looking like she was freezing her ass off in her lawn chair, but then I saw...get this ... A FOOTBALL fall out of one of those tents and some nerd guy popping out of his tent to get it.

This isn't the 360/PS3/Wii Launch night..... and it isn't that cold....yet people are too pussy to wear a coat, hood, and gloves and wait it out so they have to buy a tent... what are they fucking doing that they need to put up a tent? Lesbian or Gay sex? A cheap tent isn't gonna keep you warm.

I will go in when it gets close to opening and try to be one of those fuckers who vulture the front of the line waiting for the doors to open and make the mad dash for the GPS. That best buy doesn't care if people do it.[/quote]

Looks like my attempt to get to Best Buy at midnight, may be useless. Still going to try though.

There are hundreds of people at a mall here waiting for the mall to open at 12am... its crazy, they have been there since 8pm and this mall only sells clothing type stuff..

The only thing I really wanted was the hard drive (they are gone now) and I got it for about 6$ more than the people waiting in line. I got my confirmation email from best buy too. BF gets crazier and crazier every year.

Now to watch the news to laugh at the people in line.

360 and An extra Wireless Controller $380 Shipped
There is deffinately a loophole here. in your cart it shows the 360 for 300 and controller is an extra 50, could it possibly be as simple as removing the controller? i noticed this after i recevied my confirmation

Gun $5.28 shipped

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']You sir...

are an ASSHOLE.[/QUOTE]

No the assholes are the ones who bring a fucking TENT hogging up 10 feet around them and backing up everyone in to other parking lots. Who the fuck brings a TENT that big?!?!? What can't stand in line or sit with a book/MP3/DS/PSP and wait it out?!??! Shit this weather is NOTHING compared to standing for 8 hrs in the same area during New Year's Eve in TIMES SQUARE with on and off Rain and Snow. If I can brave that with like a million other people, then I can stand/sit out there and wait it out and I don't need a pussy Tent.

Anyways like I said before, that same best buy doesn't give a fuck if people Vulture (cut) in when the doors open. Heck the last time I waited in line I saw atleast 8-10 GROUPS of people (with about 2-4 people in each group), vulturing the crowd and when the doors opened, bam they got in the store and got the items they wanted as if they were waiting for hours. Best buy didn't give a fuck.

It's about time I do it to other people.

I'm hoping that the 6 inches of snow we suddenly started getting around 9pm and is still going will scare people off of waiting outside. I want the 22" samsung LCD.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm hoping that the 6 inches of snow we suddenly started getting around 9pm and is still going will scare people off of waiting outside. I want the 22" samsung LCD.[/QUOTE]

Not if they use a tent. People will think the same as you... oh it's raining/snowing so there might not be a big line... and go to the store.

[quote name='freshzen']game crazy - buy 2 get 2 free on new games priced $18.99 & under[/quote]
I thought it was B2G1. I remember that I accidentally put B2G2 when I first put the post up

[quote name='ITDEFX']No the assholes are the ones who bring a fucking TENT hogging up 10 feet around them and backing up everyone in to other parking lots. Who the fuck brings a TENT that big?!?!? What can't stand in line or sit with a book/MP3/DS/PSP and wait it out?!??! Shit this weather is NOTHING compared to standing for 8 hrs in the same area during New Year's Eve in TIMES SQUARE with on and off Rain and Snow. If I can brave that with like a million other people, then I can stand/sit out there and wait it out and I don't need a pussy Tent.[/quote]

The difference is, you were stupid to stand 8 hours in the same area with on and off rain and snow. They're smart by preparing, and you're an asshole for trying to jump line. What makes you think that you're better than any one of those people out there?

[quote name='Scorch']I thought it was B2G1. I remember that I accidentally put B2G2 when I first put the post up

The difference is, you were stupid to stand 8 hours in the same area with on and off rain and snow. They're smart by preparing, and you're an asshole for trying to jump line. What makes you think that you're better than any one of those people out there?[/QUOTE]

no, you missed my point. Standing in times square for new years to actually watch a major event live that is watched by millions of people around the world is worth it because you were part of the event. It's something you can tell your friends, family and co-workers and is something worth talking about vs saying "oh I sat in my tent for a few hours so I can buy something I don't really need but it's cheap." Black friday waiting is crazy and people do it every year. How many people do you know do the Times Square wait out ever year? Honestly I would rather do another 8 hour stand out in an excited crowd in times square vs getting pushed and shoved and possibly get caught in a stampede by fuck heads who need to get that item.

Seriously it's not fucking snowing/raining that REQUIRES a tent. Like I said before, the only reason why you want to put up a tent is to hide your gay/lesbian sex your having in the tent while waiting for the doors to open.

Upset that he is not in the tent having gay and lesbian sex! ^^^:joystick:

[quote name='ITDEFX']no, you missed my point. Standing in times square for new years to actually watch a major event live that is watched by millions of people around the world is worth it because you were part of the event. It's something you can tell your friends, family and co-workers and is something worth talking about vs saying "oh I sat in my tent for a few hours so I can buy something I don't really need but it's cheap." Black friday waiting is crazy and people do it every year. How many people do you know do the Times Square wait out ever year? Honestly I would rather do another 8 hour stand out in an excited crowd in times square vs getting pushed and shoved and possibly get caught in a stampede by fuck heads who need to get that item.

Seriously it's not fucking snowing/raining that REQUIRES a tent. Like I said before, the only reason why you want to put up a tent is to hide your gay/lesbian sex your having in the tent while waiting for the doors to open.[/quote]

[quote name='rmb']Upset that he is not in the tent having gay and lesbian sex! ^^^:joystick:[/QUOTE]

oh darn.. . no gay or lesbian sex for me in a tent outside of best buy ... what shall I do?

[quote name='ITDEFX']no, you missed my point. Standing in times square for new years to actually watch a major event live that is watched by millions of people around the world is worth it because you were part of the event. It's something you can tell your friends, family and co-workers and is something worth talking about vs saying "oh I sat in my tent for a few hours so I can buy something I don't really need but it's cheap." Black friday waiting is crazy and people do it every year. How many people do you know do the Times Square wait out ever year? Honestly I would rather do another 8 hour stand out in an excited crowd in times square vs getting pushed and shoved and possibly get caught in a stampede by fuck heads who need to get that item.

Seriously it's not fucking snowing/raining that REQUIRES a tent. Like I said before, the only reason why you want to put up a tent is to hide your gay/lesbian sex your having in the tent while waiting for the doors to open.[/quote]

No, I think you've missed the point made before. I agree it's stupid to bring a tent when you're waiting for a few hours unless its really windy and really cold (whole wind chill factor, y'know). However, you're complaining about people bringing a tent--which harms no one, aside from pushing the line back a few feet, though keeping the number of people in line the same--being annoyances/assholes, while saying that you'd rather just cut in line and potentially deprive someone of something they spent hours in line waiting for. Your argument about getting pushed and shoved and stampeded is bullshit because you'd have to run, push, shove, and do everything else you vilified to cut in line, hence bringing your argument full circle and slapping you in the face with a boatload of hypocrisy.

You're an asshole any way you slice it.

Did you just compare standing in Times Square for an event to a sale at Best Buy? I thought we were talking about waiting outside in the weather, regardless of the event. Would you be this whiny and bitchy if you knew they had a plethora of your precious little $119.99 GPS systems? Do you think this way of people no matter where they stand? They want a good deal, they'll brave the weather. Leave them be. They have as much right to camp out as anyone else. Quit acting like a bitch because you saw a huge line and you're afraid you won't get your GPS system.

And that's all it boils down to, because:

[quote name='ITDFEX'] I am planning to camp my position at 11pm tonight.[/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2404288&postcount=2

[quote name='Scorch']Did you just compare standing in Times Square for an event to a sale at Best Buy? I thought we were talking about waiting outside in the weather, regardless of the event. Would you be this whiny and bitchy if you knew they had a plethora of your precious little $119.99 GPS systems? Do you think this way of people no matter where they stand? They want a good deal, they'll brave the weather. Leave them be. They have as much right to camp out as anyone else. Quit acting like a bitch because you saw a huge line and you're afraid you won't get your GPS system.[/QUOTE]

I'll get the GPS...but I aint going to wait for it being someone's tent lol.

and to everyone else thinking I am asshole to vulture the line, well at some point you guys have done it... it happens to me, time for it to happen to everyone else. If I don't get the GPS (it's not for me anyways), oh well. Heck I might just go in at 10am and still be able to pick it up. The only reason why I even went tonight is because I got paid to go get it. There is also a good chance this sale WILL Show up in the weeks to come so in all due time.

oh real bright to quote me on something I said a year ago. When I said Camp, did I say with a TENT? nope. I will tell you that the line was already long that night around the time period and there was NO TENTS and everyone was standing or sitting. That morning I was still able to pick my shit up and checked out in no time.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Anyways like I said before, that same best buy doesn't give a fuck if people Vulture (cut) in when the doors open. Heck the last time I waited in line I saw atleast 8-10 GROUPS of people (with about 2-4 people in each group), vulturing the crowd and when the doors opened, bam they got in the store and got the items they wanted as if they were waiting for hours. Best buy didn't give a fuck.

It's about time I do it to other people.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't change the fact that you're an asshole for trying to do that.

[quote name='rmb']BTW you could have got it online early am thurs. here is a link to another that is 149

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat136000050018&type=category[/QUOTE]

yes I tried doing this online Thursday morning. However since I haven't bought anything from them online in like 6 months I forgot my password and had to reset it so I followed the procedure. Guess when I tried to do this the system was hammered and it took an average of 45 minutes to get the reset email. Even with the reset it still didn't work and I had to call Corp to have them manually reset it for me. By that time it was already too late and was sold out. oh well.

thanks for trying though. If I get it, I get it, if not I just give the money back. No biggie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I'll get the GPS...but I aint going to wait for it being someone's tent lol.

and to everyone else thinking I am asshole to vulture the line, well at some point you guys have done it... it happens to me, time for it to happen to everyone else. If I don't get the GPS (it's not for me anyways), oh well. Heck I might just go in at 10am and still be able to pick it up. The only reason why I even went tonight is because I got paid to go get it. There is also a good chance this sale WILL Show up in the weeks to come so in all due time.[/quote]

So basically you're using the schoolyard excuses of, "Well, THEY started it!" and, "Everybody's doing it, so it's okay if I do it!" so you don't have to own up to your actions. You're still an asshole, and no--I've never cut in on people who have been waiting in line for hours on end. There's very few things I want bad enough to wait more than two or three hours for in line, and, aside from that, I actually respect people enough to not fuck them over for the sake of a sale.

[quote name='ITDEFX'] the only reason why you want to put up a tent is to hide your gay/lesbian sex your having in the tent while waiting for the doors to open.[/quote]

Why does it have to be gay/lesbian sex? Are tents homosexual symbols now? They could have straight sex or even no sex. In reality they might be sleeping. When I camped for my Wii last year, we had a tent and everyone ended up sleeping. The entire line was asleep by midnight.

Also comparing camping for a purchase and Time Square on New Years is completely different for different people. I am proud and tell many that I waited 24 hours outside Best Buy for my Wii and got the very first one. You tell me you stood outside Time Square for New Years and I am hardly impressed.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']360 and An extra Wireless Controller $380 Shipped
There is deffinately a loophole here. in your cart it shows the 360 for 300 and controller is an extra 50, could it possibly be as simple as removing the controller? i noticed this after i recevied my confirmation

Gun $5.28 shipped[/quote]

Removing the controller doesn't work. There is a package discount applied to the 360 that is removed if you remove the controller.

[quote name='disposable']Why does it have to be gay/lesbian sex? Are tents homosexual symbols now? They could have straight sex or even no sex. In reality they might be sleeping. When I camped for my Wii last year, we had a tent and everyone ended up sleeping. The entire line was asleep by midnight.

Also comparing camping for a purchase and Time Square on New Years is completely different for different people. I am proud and tell many that I waited 24 hours outside Best Buy for my Wii and got the very first one. You tell me you stood outside Time Square for New Years and I am hardly impressed.[/QUOTE]

The reason why I brought out Time Square on New Years because of manly the weather and the event itself. Your standing on a street in a major american city on the last few hours of the last day of the year being a witness to an event watched by millions if not billions of people around the world surrounded by thousands of people all happy and excited and the area is full of energy waiting to ring in the new year with people who brave the cold so they can be part of the event LIVE. Yes you could be excited to tell people how you waited hours for your Wii or other gaming system, but it's not the same. Oh you waited in line for a Wii...ok....GFY.. oh you were at time square on new years eve live.. Pretty damn exciting if you ask me. You should try it some time. It something your gonna remember for years to come.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Oh you waited in line for a Wii...ok....GFY.. oh you were at time square on new years eve live.. Pretty damn exciting if you ask me. You should try it some time. It something your gonna remember for years to come.[/quote]

You clearly missed my point. People care differently about different things. I know people that like hearing my stories from the line. I can tell you for sure, I and other people, would not want to be out in Time Square. I don't care if everyone is excited, I don't care if millions of people are watching it. I don't care about New Years period. I never watch the ball drop, I don't celebrate it. These are just 2 examples, there are tons of different situations were my opinion, your opinion, someone else's opinion will differ in what is exciting/worth waiting outside in cold for.

I hate to destroy what should have been a good thread, so hopefully you just realize your being pretty immature and let it die.

Happy shopping to all the CAG.

[quote name='disposable']You clearly missed my point. People care differently about different things. I know people that like hearing my stories from the line. I can tell you for sure, I and other people, would not want to be out in Time Square. I don't care if everyone is excited, I don't care if millions of people are watching it. I don't care about New Years period. I never watch the ball drop, I don't celebrate it. These are just 2 examples, there are tons of different situations were my opinion, your opinion, someone else's opinion will differ in what is exciting/worth waiting outside in cold for.

I hate to destroy what should have been a good thread, so hopefully you just realize your being pretty immature and let it die.

Happy shopping to all the CAG.[/QUOTE]

whatever, but yes I will agree and let it die.

[quote name='captainfrizo']That's doesn't change the fact that you're an asshole for trying to do that.[/quote]

Once again I have to say that I agree...

I personally think that is a little much for people to camp out crazy in advance, but if they want to... go ahead. If thats the way they want to spend their Thanksgiving to save a 100 or so bucks.

But the vultures are some very low life people. Same thing with people who try to cut the line for concert tickets, or for the recent World Series tickets around here.

I hope karma comes around for all the vultures and whatever they buy breaks and through some loophole the warranty is honored, etc. The point of a line is first one in line gets the first one and so forth. People just get so greedy when they want something that they do such unethical things. It's really pathetic actually.

Well, I just strolled by the sidewalk way out in front of the local Best Buy. It feels like about 35 degrees out, and the line is already down to the end of the shopping center.

fuck this shit, I'm going to bed. I'm sick of Black Friday. All I was interested in was $10 Guild Wars, anyways.

im currently in line at wal-mart in Naugatuck, ct I've been here since 1am and I'm 10th in line. Its 40 degrees out and windy as he'll but otherwise its not too crazy yet

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, I just strolled by the sidewalk way out in front of the local Best Buy. It feels like about 35 degrees out, and the line is already down to the end of the shopping center.

fuck this shit, I'm going to bed. I'm sick of Black Friday. All I was interested in was $10 Guild Wars, anyways.[/QUOTE]

lol, I'm back in Tallahassee and I really want to see that. But after the Amazon BF, I'm going to bed.

i love how this turned into the official "rargh let's argue about waiting in line thread"

anyway, all i got so far was the office season 1 and 2 from amazon for ~23.00

[quote name='spmahn']im currently in line at wal-mart in Naugatuck, ct I've been here since 1am and I'm 10th in line. Its 40 degrees out and windy as he'll but otherwise its not too crazy yet[/quote]

Just wait till it opens and people realize there's Wii systems in stock perhaps, then you'll see some knock down, drag out fights between soccer moms.

It's like 13 degrees outside here... I wonder how many people are waiting outside our Best Buys.:whistle2:k

Oh well, only a few more minutes until Amazon goes live... checking that out and going to bed. Then waking up around 7AM to go to some stores and pillage through the leftovers.

bread's done
Back