Post your Geometry Wars high scores!

Sulik2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I finally managed to hit a million on the eigth and realized this would be a great thread. Would give us all new high scores to work towards that were probably within reach, unlike the top 10 on live. So whats your best?

My top score: 1,035,100

Dam, you guys are good at this. I'm not even going to post my score because it sucks but thought I'd give you guys props on your scores.

Jeezus. I just barely lasted through the 4 minute demo and I was on the moon. I can't fathom getting 1 million points, let alone more than that.

I dont feel bad about my 580,000 then... its only a recreation game for me anyway... too many other games to play

[quote name='KaneRobot']Jeezus. I just barely lasted through the 4 minute demo and I was on the moon. I can't fathom getting 1 million points, let alone more than that.[/QUOTE]

You gotta get the bug. When you start playing enought it clicks. And you know you can keep doing better. So you just keep trying. Granted I don't play it hardcore, like the guy with 33 million, why it tooke me 5 months to get to a million. But its as fun as a lot of the big games released for 360. One trick that makes a big difference is stay near the edge and always circle the board in one direction. Fire forward to get spawns in front of you, then rotate backwards to hit all the stuff following you quickly. And learn what you can get out of w/o bombing.

the top two have 65 million...that had to be a long game. After i got one million it took a month or so to get 2.5 and then another month to get 2.9. I just randomly decided to play and on my first try got 2.9. Normally it takes a few game to get warmed up

I got up to about 658,000 and that's been it.

I usually end up around 500,000 most games and my wrist kills...lol. Not sure what more I can do to get beyond that point, either. It's the little tiny buggers that come out of all 4 corners at once that usually start to derail my game!

60 million O_O OMG i thought it was 33, had an interview with the guy in the most recent EGM, or maybe OXM with him. That is nuts. How on earth do you do that. I just.... words cant express how amazing those guys must be at this.

[quote name='slickkill77']i am up to 3.4 million
now the top guys have 81 million[/quote]Where can you check the scores? Scrolling all the way up to number one is a pain.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Where can you check the scores? Scrolling all the way up to number one is a pain.[/quote]

Hit X or Y don't remember which it is. One switches between GW Retro and the new one.

The other one switches between the Friends leaderboard, where you rank, and the top of the leaderboard.

I can't get past 448,XXX - I play a lot too because I love old arcade shooters and stuff. My reflexes just aren't what they used to be - I've noticed the only way to get a really good score is to keep the multiplier high at all costs because once you die it becomes really really tough to build it back up again...

[quote name='javeryh']I can't get past 448,XXX - I play a lot too because I love old arcade shooters and stuff. My reflexes just aren't what they used to be - I've noticed the only way to get a really good score is to keep the multiplier high at all costs because once you die it becomes really really tough to build it back up again...[/quote]

Woo hoo!!! I broke 500k - I'm around 552,XXX (I think). I am getting better!!!

I wasn't going to post my score at first, but I had an extremely good game yesterday. 301,350 with 7 lives (never died) and 3 bombs (I used 2 or 3) left. I still haven't bought the game, so I did this in the 4 minute trial and it was my only game of the day. It definitely makes me want to buy the full version.

[quote name='sj41']I wasn't going to post my score at first, but I had an extremely good game yesterday. 301,350 with 7 lives (never died) and 3 bombs (I used 2 or 3) left. I still haven't bought the game, so I did this in the 4 minute trial and it was my only game of the day. It definitely makes me want to buy the full version.[/quote]

What are you waiting for? It's $5.

[quote name='javeryh']What are you waiting for? It's $5.[/quote]A store that has a points card (haven't looked very hard, but the ones I've been to have been sold out), confirmation that a sequel isn't going to come out until next year, and another game to spend the Marketplace points on. I'll probally cave, though and buy it soon.

[quote name='sj41']A store that has a points card (haven't looked very hard, but the ones I've been to have been sold out), confirmation that a sequel isn't going to come out until next year, and another game to spend the Marketplace points on. I'll probally cave, though and buy it soon.[/quote]

You can buy the points and the game without leaving your couch - you will use up the remaining 400 points on something eventually. Even if a sequel comes out soon you won't regret it - chasing the achievements alone is worth $5... Do it!!! :D

bread's done
Back