"Post your Guide collection here!" thread

[quote name='floormat']don marco must be one of those district managers who are collecting all the guides from his local stores. or Ricky Schroder...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I used to take penny guides home, sure. Back in the day, what EB employee didn't? It used to be one of the perks, before GameStop stepped in.

Guide collecting had always been a fun hobby for me. As a kid, even before I was old enough to work part-time, I would buy guides to games I didn't own or never played, but I would read and enjoy them as any comic book. Plus they were cheaper to buy used than used comic books. By the time I was in high school I had maybe 80 or so.

Then I got a job at EB and my collection never stopped growing. Not exponentially, but steadily over time. Even after I left EB, years later, I still find myself on eBay trying to find this guide or that guide. Keeping an eye out at yard sales or thrift stores. At this point, I'm looking to specific titles rather than whatever was just pennied out. Next up, I'm going to try to collect all the Nintendo Player's Guides. I already have 57 of the 110 or so that are out there.

Very very cool thread. I love strategy guides myself (mainly fighting games). I'm no collector, but I have little stack going at home. I even have some from when I was younger of games I was supposed to get, but never got.

I didn't know people collected guides as a hobby.

bread's done
Back