Post Your Stupid Black Friday Stories Here!

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'll start. We're in line at Kohl's, and the line literally has 300 or so people in it. As we slowly moved from the back of the store to the front, we move past bedding stuff. I look at it and think, "Man I could use a nap." Apparently someone else thought the same thing, because a dude was literally laying on a bed display, pillow over his head, zonked out. We were in front of him for about 5 minutes, and his phone rang:

(Formerly) Sleeping Dude: "What?"
Long Pause, Presumably His Wife/GF Reaming Him
(Formerly) Sleeping Dude: "I am in line! I'm back in bedding!"

Damn was that great.

RD

Some guy crashed his car into a telephone pole outside the Best Buy around here, and it looks like he was too busy checking out the enormous line building up to watch where he was going.

BB finally cracked and rented a couple of porta potties for their parking lot. (McD's is right in front of the BB, but apparently this wasn't enough.)

I have these sketchy people hold up the line at Circuit City for like 30 extra minutes, going back for stuff and doing lord knows what else (I couldn't hear anything from my distance and I was listening to my iPod anyway) All that to get Vice City Stories for 30 bucks...

Lets see...instead of passing out vouchers for the big items my Best Buy let everybody bum rush the store. OH THE FAIRNESS OF IT ALL AFTER CAMPING FOR 10 HOURSSSSsssss

Nothing too crazy at the best buy I lined up at. I couldnt get my nap in before I was gonna go line up at midnight so I was bored, loaded up my ds with final fantasy dawn of souls and lined up at 6pm. Glad I did cause that put me at
26th in line and able to get the e-machine and HP laptop I wanted.

Best Buy had blue tape with arrows all over the floor to show you which direction you have to go. That's a great idea and all... when people actually look and follow.

I got to BB as the doors opened. There must have been 2,000+ people in line when I got there but it moved really quickly. There was trash all over and at least 3 cop cars. Nothing over the top happened. I got everything I wanted without having to wait in line so I'd consider that a success!

not really a bf story, but just I was on route to bb, there were a half dozen cars litteraly speeding just to get to best buy at 11pm. WTF!?!?!

One of the Best Buy stores here had traffic cops controlling flow into the building... at 9:30pm when no one was at the store. One of the entrances was completely blocked for no reason.

It went rather well up till about 3:30am. We'd been in line since 8pm and this guy and girl walk up asking if they handed out tickets yet (this was Best Buy). We told them no and they continued to hang out but didn't really seem like they were going to be cutting in the line. Well, they hung around much too long cause a few people from way back in the line came up including this old black lady. Now, out of all the people there, this granny started opening up on the profanity. I mean it was hardcore cussing. Anyway, they wouldn't move and neither would the granny. About that time someone from the front came up - an off duty police officer who was also waiting in line and he delt with it.

Turns out the guy was trying to cut and he wasn't happy about being told to leave either. Nice bit of drama to cut through the monotony of waiting in line for 10 hours.

I casually strolled into EB Games @ 11am (Fri), just to browse and the Manager put up 2 PS3s (Both 20GB) on display behind the counter for sale without any announcements and asked me if I wanted one of them. You can guess my answer :)

At Target:

Someone laid out a really raunchy smelling fart. The line of people started to somewhat disperse away from the smell, I just left. nasty

[quote name='Dhuk']At Target:

Someone laid out a really raunchy smelling fart. The line of people started to somewhat disperse away from the smell, I just left. nasty[/QUOTE]

usually the fat ones cause that type of smell.

[quote name='ITDEFX']usually the fat ones cause that type of smell.[/QUOTE]

Did it's job though.... got people out of the way.

Anyway in other news I had a "problem" at BestBuy....

I would like to know when BB changed their return policy to limit returns until after 12PM on Black Friday? I walked into the store yesterday around 9:30 AM and waited in the long Customer Service line. Got up to the desk and the girl said we can't take any returns until 12:00. I said, "Why?" She said, "That's our policy today, because it's so busy on Black Friday." I said, "I know. There are no signs saying your return policy is different and I waited in line just as long as everyone else in the Customer Service line, process my return please." She called over a manager who attempted to feed me the same line and tell me that the registers won't allow regular employees to do returns until 12:00 PM. I said, "Why wasn't I informed this when I entered by the door personnel?" He said, "I guess they weren't educated on the policy." I said, "Oh, and because of that and no signs I can't do a return? Please process my return." He then said, "Regular cashiers cannot process returns until 12:00 PM." I said, "Well, you're a manager so you should be able to process the return because I'm sure you have more rights than a regular cashier. Please process my return." He eventually broke down took me to another Customer Service register and returned my item and I thanked him.

Sheesh! If you're going to do this at the store at least put up signs or when people walk in obviously carrying bags with a receipt in hand wanting to return, let them know then.

CC was a disaster. Just about everyone who made it to the register was charged incorrectly for at least a few items, or the register people needed help to figure out instant rebates. Add to the fact the incorrect prices could not be corrected without calling someone else over every single time. Even I got charged wrong on a DVD ("It's here in the ad!") I didn't even bother getting my $2. But some people were buying stacks all prices wrong which added up quite fast.

There was a group of drunks in line at Staples when I got to work at 4AM. They started acting up. We called the police. That's about as crazy as things got.

The managers ordered 2 party subs from Subway for us. Those things are HUGE, six foot long and about 8 inches wide.

My BF story would be that people actually got up that early for stuff that wasn't really that great a deal. I had to work at Target when the doors open and people just rush in like a pack of animals. And a lot of people just didn't really buy things that were bargains or just got like cheap dvds.

[quote name='Thongsy']My BF story would be that people actually got up that early for stuff that wasn't really that great a deal. I had to work at Target when the doors open and people just rush in like a pack of animals. And a lot of people just didn't really buy things that were bargains or just got like cheap dvds.[/QUOTE]

Those packs of "animals" provide you with money to live with.

No "animals" = No sales = Target with no profit = You getting laid off.

Everyone is going to have something they want on BF even if it's only some cheap DVDs.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Those packs of "animals" provide you with money to live with.

No "animals" = No sales = Target with no profit = You getting laid off.

Everyone is going to have something they want on BF even if it's only some cheap DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Actually no, that's not how it works, especially not the with the people buying DVDs and not the "animals" in lines either. All of those early deals and DVD specials are often sold below cost. Stores only stand to make money if someone is stupid enough to not send in rebates or the like. Truth be told, black Friday has largely lost it's meaning as many stores actually come to find out they've lost money when the profit margins come in. Money is often made throughout the rest of the weekend. Customers maybe, but the animals on BF contribute nothing to what retail workers get paid, the only thing they contribute is problems and agony. If you don't believe that many of the people out there for these things do act like animals, then ask the old lady who got partialy trampled and I had to get someone to call an ambulance for on Friday morning, I'm sure her opinion of these situations is not that bright either.

I went out around midnight to go get in line at Best Buy. Every other year I would have been first in line, but PS3/Wii hysteria has fried every one's brain this year. There were already 200 people in line at midnight. Went to a couple other stores with the same results and headed home. Noticed that Circuit City had a 50" Sony TV for $1079 that I just paid $1500 for on Amazon. Drove out there at 6 am, an hour after they opened, and they had 2 left so I got one and paid for it. Went back later in the day to pick it up rather than stand in the customer service/pickup line for 5 hours.

Speaking of lines, the main line had hundreds upon hundreds of people in it and wasn't moving. They had 4 out of their 8 registers up and running as I guess the other 4 up front had crashed. I checked out in the TV dept., which took maybe 30 minutes. Sad thing is, there were only 2-3 people in front of me and they were all getting small stuff (DVDs mostly). Why other people weren't standing in the lines in the departments instead of the main lines, I have no idea, but they were very short. What's funny is I walked past the people in the 3 hour long line and most of them had less than $50 worth of DVDs. Who wait in a line for 3 hours to save 50% on a stack of DVDs?

My wife wanted a computer from Best Buy, so rather than wait in line and not get one, I paid an extra $100 to buy one from some jackass that put his on Ebay with a buy-it-now. Still worked out to be a few hundred dollars below the normal Best Buy price.

Speaking of Best Buy, I headed there later in the afternoon, around 3-4 PM and found all the games I wanted, as well as the digital camera my cousin asked me to pick up for her. Also got all the SD and Pro Duo cards I wanted. Went back before closing to pick up a stand for the 50" TV from CC, and they still had huge amounts of all the games and other small stuff from BF. I imagine like last year, they'll keep this stuff at the lower BF prices until they run out.

[quote name='Thongsy']My BF story would be that people actually got up that early for stuff that wasn't really that great a deal. I had to work at Target when the doors open and people just rush in like a pack of animals. And a lot of people just didn't really buy things that were bargains or just got like cheap dvds.[/quote]

Target didn't really have any door buster deals...yet I drove by the one by me around 5 am and there were 100+ people in line. What for? Probably cheap DVDs. These people must make $2 an hour to stand in line for hours to save a few bucks. Unless I'm saving $1,000 on a bunch of computers, TVs, or other electronics, I'm not standing in line for anything.

Well this was the worst Black Friday I have ever been in.

At about 7 pm on Thanksgiving my friend gives me a call telling me to get over to Best Buy now if I want anything good, so I call the crew and my girlfriend and make way to Best Buy at around 8 pm.....

Well, we get there and there must be over 50-60 people already in line! First thing I did was to find where my friend was and when I finally found him, I noticed he was about 20th in line.

He told me he had gotten there a little after 5 and there were already that many people ahead of him.......

Well, my other friends and I jumped to the back of the line and decided to tough it out and see if our luck could get us anything.

We all planned on getting both laptops and the 32' westy and the plasma......well after the 9 hour wait, we find out that we wouldn't be getting 1 dam item.

We waited in line for 9 hours to find out that all the tickets went really quickly.....and all the tickets that people took ahead of us were just selling them back off to people farther down in line for like $50 a ticket....oh well guess they were the smarter ones.......

I got to BB at about 3:00 am, going for the 42" plasma. Got it ok - they handed out tickets, then had the ticket holders go around to the loading dock in the back of the store & line up there until 5:00. I was 2nd in that line, so when they started ringing people through I got through that line very quickly & they let me in the back door to finish my shopping.

My wife was with me, and the other 2 main items we wanted was a monitor for her & a receiver to go w/ the new tv. I sent her after the monitor and I headed for the receiver. Got to the aisle, and only saw one - and it was an open-box return. So I grab it, then go find someone working there. Keep in mind the stoor hadn't flooded yet. I ask the guy if they have any new ones, and he goes right back to the place I got the opened one from (don't you hate when they do that?) and says no, it would be here if they did. I ask him if this one carries all the same warranties, etc. and he says yes, so I bite. It has an extra $25 gift cert sticker on it, but I would have preferred the new unit - oh well.

So I set it up yesterday, and after connecting everything I realize that the remote is missing. I check the box, and the opened item sticker on it has a place they can check if parts are missing - but it's not checked. So I go back to BB. I explain this to some preppy-looking guy, and his "solution" was to try to sell me a universal remote. I tell him I don't think so, that I didn't lose the remote so it's not my place to pay for a replacement. He then says some BS about that's why it's an open item, and I explain to him how I wanted a new one & they didn't have any. He then walks to a different aisle, and way up high there's a stack of 4 or 5 of them. I then explain to him that his own employee didn't have a clue about those units, and that that's what I WOULD have bought if someone had shown them to me.

Honestly, I was irritated with the guy & gave up too easily. I'm debating on whether it's worth it to go back & fight with the guy or not.

I awoke around 2 pm but I decided to go anyway to check best buy out. I was talking to a friend on my phone while driving behind some old jackass who kept swerving in and outa lanes and when he finally turned I sped up only to find i was going right through a red light. I realized it halfway though and thankgod no one was round, shit I can get so fucking careless and stupid. Then as I was driving home I was thinking man thank god no cops were around or anyhting, there couldn't be any cameras hah. Then as I stopped at the same red light I ran through I noticed a nice little camera starting right at me. Yeah so I'm still waiting for my fat ticket in the mail. Black Friday sucked.

i didnt camp out, but went to BB at about 7am and all the kickass computer sales were gone. I mean just about EVERYTHING computer related, all of the bundles, laptops, even the $70 flatscreen monitor and $100 radeon graphics card, and the $60 250 gig hard drive. i should have camped out i guess(obviously). I got some good $5 dvds and a cheapass vacuum(which i sorely needed) but i guess that doesnt really make much of a story. I felt bad for the employees who had to work that day, shaq fuing madness

bread's done
Back