Post your worst buy of 2003

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
god i must admit this site is awesome and has helped us cheapasses alot....i didnt find out about it till late 03 so couldnt reayy take advantage of it....anywayz i know i feel i payed way too much for some games that i knew werent worth it.....am i the only one......the list begins

THE HULK (XBOX)- $50 NOT THAT THE GAME WAS BAD BUT I GUESS I WAS JUST CAUGHT UP IN ALL THE MARVEL MOVIESMADNESS...I BARELY EVEN PLAYED OT....

Without a doubt Star Wars Galaxies. I purchased this for $50 before I knew about CAG and video game deal sites even though I'm not sure I would have saved much money. But regardless of the price I think this game just plain sucks. Boring combat, a lot of bugs as it was released before it was ready, and really lame professions like dancer/entertainer (how can that be fun?). I am hesistant to buy any SW game after that, as I really don't even care for Star Wars that much (I like the movies but really can't handle the obsessive star wars fans). I think the whole franchise is way overmilked for games. Sorry for the ramble and hope I didnt offend any Star Wars fans. Luckily I sold mine and made some money back.

I am with you on that msdmoney, I bought SW Galaxies too when it first came out, and it really did suck it was just boring.

For me, it was Resident Evil 0 for 34.99. I'm not even a RE fan. I saw it on sale, and I thought it was a good bargain. Now the game is 19.99 everywhere, and it sits still wrapped in my bookcase.

My worst buy was back somewhere in the begining of 2003. Toys R Us was having that buy 2 get one free deal. Yeah, I bought Xenosaga, Clock Tower 3 and .hack part 1 all for $50.00 each or $100.00 for all 3. Good deal back then right? Kinda, but like a month later, every single game I had gotten in that deal recieved a major price reduction everywhere. .hack went down to $19, Xenosaga to $29 and Clock Tower 3 to $29. Frustrating when after you get a good deal on some games, then you see an even better deal not even a month later and other games I almost got with the Toys R Us deal but didn't to get the ones I did get, didn't recieve any kind of price cut.

Then there's the whole Silent Hill 3 thing. Bought it on release day for $50. 1 week later, price cut at Target and everywhere else for $39. Grrr. 1 week. Come on.

i also bought STAR WARS CLONE WARS(XBOX) FOR $40...I BOUGHT IT THE FIRST WEEK SO ATLEAST IT WASNT $50 BUT STILL I DUNNO IF ITS WORTH THAT MUCH....I GUESS I BOUGHT IT CUZ IT WAS LIVE

I really didn't have a bad purchase (that I would consider) in 2003. If I had to choose one it would have been Project Gotham Racing I guess.

However, in '04 I already have one bad purchase - BMX XXX (GCN) $3.00 What was I thinking?

I didn't have a "bad" buy, but I did cash in on the buy 2 GH get 1 free early last year at Target, got Midnight Club, Maximo, and Virtua Fighter...and hardly play them at all.

Raw 2 for Xbox at full price ($50.00). What a piece of shit. Fortunately I sold it almost immediately and got about 35 of it back.

I ALSO BOUGHT RAW 2 FOR $50 FIRST DAY IT CAME OUT....BUT I DONT REGRET IT.....I LIKE ALL WRESTLING GAMES...AND I PLAYED IT QUITE A BIT..

Star fox adventures preowned for $35. Despite the harsh criticism I still thought this game would bring back some nostalgic memories of the past games. To my surprise the game was everything I hated, and the best part ( ship flying) last less than a minute in between worlds. On top of that a little later the game went down to $20 new at most stores.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike + Bonus on 1st day.....what a waste of money...I haven't played it for more than an hour.

caps lock is bad.

Anyawys, my worst purchase was Enter The Matrix for my Xbox at full price. Its so frustrating to see a liscense get abused so bad. Now i know how Star Trek fans feel.

And yes, the GAME was bad...I consider the live action cut scence something compltely different, thats why i recorded them onto my comp before i traded that pos in

wait, unfortunately there are more.

shadows of destiny 50 dollars. if you dont know what this is, dont find out.

escape from monkey island 20 dollars. well that one wasnt completely useless. it helped lull me into my mid afternoon nap more than a few times.

state of emergenc 50 dollars, purchased after revelling in gta3 and felt rockstar could do no wrong.

shadow hearts 50 dollars. heard some people from square made it. and was hard up for an rpg. awful battle system.

nfl fever 2003 50 dollars. got an xbox decided to try out a sports game. why i picked that one ill never know.

and morrowind 50 dollars. also hard up for an xbox rpg. but... just... too much... to do. computer rpgs scare me now.

luckily i traded all those pieces of crap in for kingdom hearts and washed away all the pain.

Toss up between Enter the Matrix at full price plus overnight shipping from EB or Rogue Squadron 3 at full price. ETM was just horrible, only part I enjoyed was the vampire level. I was really surprised when RS3 started to turn me off to the franchise, wasn't even the ground levels, everything was just too short, game feels so shallow.

Got Rogue Squadron 3 at full price, then it was on sale 2 weeks later somewhere else. I also got Animal Crossing, and have barely played it (I wanted my brother to play too, but he only moved into the town then quit).

Morrowind, bought it for 15, got rid of it at eb for 10, so a loss of 5 bucks. Compared to most of these posts, I did quite well.

i purchased enter the matrix at full price and enjoyed every moment of it...y is everyone flaming that game...i remember the first day i got it...it was like damn......awesome

Brute Force for the XBOX. Bought it for $50 on the day it came out. Traded it to a friend for MOH Frontline and 007 Nightfire 3 days later. Man, that game was just TOO repetitive and the action was bland.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']state of emergenc 50 dollars, purchased after revelling in gta3 and felt rockstar could do no wrong.[/quote]
That is a MAJOR ouch :(

I personally bought Ring of Red, used copy for $30. What a freakin' waste. I played it one day and it just sits.

During that TRU deal (2 get 1 free) I got THUG, SSX 3, and TMNT. THUG was the only good game of the bunch....I picked SSX 3 over Top Spin :oops:

Probably Mortal Kombat or DOAXBV for $25 each. They were both my most expensive purchases of last year, I believe.

Not that either of them are bad games, quite the contrary; I just didn't get them for my average cost of a game this generation (about $9).

[quote name='GameDude']Probably Mortal Kombat or DOAXBV for $25 each. They were both my most expensive purchases of last year, I believe.

Not that either of them are bad games, quite the contrary; I just didn't get them for my average cost of a game this generation (about $9).[/quote]

god damn....u must wait till like a year after games come out huh??/ i payed $50 first day it came out for mk deady alliance and it was worth it

Mario Golf on the Gamecube for $50. ARGH. The music is horrible, the in game characters look like claymation figures or static plastic mannequins and the game just isn't fun. I was all psyched for it because I was a big fan of the N64 one but this game just stinks. I'm keeping it though just because I can't stand to trade in anything I paid a whopping $50 for. Xenosaga at the beginning of the year was another no-no. I practically beat the door down at EB to get this and only logged 2 hours into it so far. Its not that its a bad game, its just that...I dunno. Its all so *daunting*. Seeing it for as low as $20 new is quite painful.

right before this Christmas, i bought Rez for $50, Amplitude for $20, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner for $15, and Silpheed: The Lost Planet for $10 at Circuit City. thinking i'd never find better deals, i threw away the receipt. what does Circuit City do but drop 'em all (except Amplitude) by 50% three days after Christmas. i was like, "WHY THE fuck DID I THROW MY RECEIPT AWAY!!!?"

but i want you guys to know, i'm a new man. i'll keep my receipts for at least a month starting today, with my purchase of Skies of Arcadia: Legends for $25.

Dead or Alive Extreme Beach volleyball
it's not a bad game (I played 100 hours worht) I just thought there was gonna be fighting in it. I have played it longer then the other two games I was gonna buy at that point, MK:DA and PDO which have gotten 10-15 hours playtime.

Timesplitters 2
Why weren't there any health packs in the game. I just hate that about it. But I traded it in towards the GTA DP so it was all good.

Tekken 3
I don't think I will ever get into tekken on a sony sstem. I always get confused with the buttons, while on XBOX and GC I get the layout easily.

I am proud to say that I have no worst buys out of my 230 gmaes for ps2, xbox and gc. These are the only games I paid over $20 for and they were all on sale, except for Zelda, which was the only game I've ever pre-ordered. I guess I am almost a totally pure cheap ass gamer ;)

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Final Fantasy X
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Halo: Combat Evolved
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metroid Prime
Splinter Cell
Super Mario Sunshine
Tekken Tag Tournament
Zelda: The Wind Waker

Come on guys, what are you all doing buying games when they first come out?! I always wait for price drops because then you'll wind up punching yourself in the face and slamming your head into a wall because you didn't wait. My worst buy was probably... none, I am a true cheapass, I have never paid more than $20 for a game. NEVER. And I have some pretty baddass games, too. I have a bunch that I haven't even unwrapped yet including GT3, BG&E, THPS4, Makin' Magic, and Freekstyle.

[quote name='coolsteel']Toss up between Enter the Matrix at full price plus overnight shipping from EB or Rogue Squadron 3 at full price. ETM was just horrible, only part I enjoyed was the vampire level. I was really surprised when RS3 started to turn me off to the franchise, wasn't even the ground levels, everything was just too short, game feels so shallow.[/quote]

Why are there vampires in the Matrix?

No real bad purchases in 2003, but in 2002 made the worst mistake ever by getting Super Mario Sunshine the day it came out. That game was so disappointing I gave up on the GameCube.

20 for sonic heroes?
25 for Ninja Gaiden when it comes out?
20 for non gh Devil must cry

thats the most I paid for a console game last year.

I bought about 75 games last year at about 3-15 a piece.

Only used game purchased was tekken tag.

NEVER trade brand new games into stores. Trade them with other people at www.tradegamesnow.com

I got Ghost Master for $30 @ BB, and then 2 months later I got bored of it. Traded it for Halo PC on trade games now. Must been the most gaming hours I've ever gotten out of $30.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']right before this Christmas, i bought Rez for $50, Amplitude for $20, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner for $15, and Silpheed: The Lost Planet for $10 at Circuit City. thinking i'd never find better deals, i threw away the receipt. what does Circuit City do but drop 'em all (except Amplitude) by 50% three days after Christmas. i was like, "WHY THE fuck DID I THROW MY RECEIPT AWAY!!!?"

but i want you guys to know, i'm a new man. i'll keep my receipts for at least a month starting today, with my purchase of Skies of Arcadia: Legends for $25.[/quote]

How did you pay for your games at CC? I'm not sure if this is true for all CC transactions (cash, check) but if you pay by credit card CC can look up your receipt on their computer.

I'm going with Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter for the full 49.99...I had a gift card and HAD to waste it.

I was proud and still am of my (day it came out)

Got Xenosaga for 44.99 and said there was no disc and got .hack ....So basically...the two for 44.99 22.49 around...

Lost Kingdoms (GC) for $50. It looked interesting, and Nintendo Power suckered me in. This was before I found this site, and I'm irked because now it's $10 at CC, and for just $25, I could be getting Lost Kingdoms 2 with a free memory card. LK2 claims to have fixed everything that was wrong with the first one, and if that's true, then it must be a LOT different than LK1.

DOA :XB -- preordered it couldn't resist it

getting BG&E for the great deal of $40 2 weeks before it was $20 everywhere

talk about bad timing!

nova

bread's done
Back