Potential double credit for L.A. Noire from Amazon $15 general and $10 video game

Got the double credit email, but I'm not holding my breath it'll go through. Guess we'll find out 48 hours from now.

(Although, knowing Amazon, I'm sure I can call them and talk them into giving me both credits prettily easily by asking them to honor the invoice they sent me)

[quote name='AwRy108']Pre-ordered at Best Buy for $48.99 + $15 credit, seems about on-par with the other good deals for this one; only complaint is that I have to spend $15 in credit at Best Buy instead of Amazon...[/QUOTE]

Yep same here, but i plan on buying a $25 kindle card when i get my 500 pre-order bonus points. Only part that sucks is i have to wait about 35 days for the bonus points to kick in.

This happened with Brink as well and I can definitively say that I did NOT preorder when less credit was offered for that. However if lots of people are getting the extra $10 then per their very own policy we should ALL be getting it...so I will definitely be sending them an email.

I am wondering if I should contact amazon, just about the shipping of my game. I have Prime and my game won't be here till Friday according to their info on my order which IMO is BS, but I dunno if it'll do any good to contact them.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am wondering if I should contact amazon, just about the shipping of my game. I have Prime and my game won't be here till Friday according to their info on my order which IMO is BS, but I dunno if it'll do any good to contact them.[/QUOTE]

Contact them immediately. Prime gives you free Release Date Delivery. When did you pre-order?

EDIT: Just got my shipping email; gets to me tomorrow, and got the 25 bucks in credit as well.

Those of us who are getting both credits pre-ordered before they changed to $15. Sorry for anyone who ordered after. It's just an extension of their pre-order price guarantee. You get the best deal from the moment you place your order until release day. It doesn't work retroactively. If LA Noire was available for pre-order early for $50 and some people bought in before it went up to $60, anyone who pre-ordered after the price change wouldn't get the lower price. Same deal, and whining to CS about it won't help. Amazon has always done right by me.

[quote name='ihadFG']You will not.[/QUOTE]
Confirmed or what? If they won't, I'll just wait for the inevitable price drop to $30.

[quote name='Jabrim']Zainab:I've confirmed from the concern department and only $15 promotional balance is issued, Jason.

This is what he/she said, I'm just left wondering, what is a "concern department"?

Addendum:

And immediately when I get done with the chat, I get an e-mail saying my order has been shipped...amazing.[/QUOTE]

Oh you moron, hope you didn't ruin it for the people that didn't get their games shipped yet aka me.

i think this is happening not because the amount in the credit changed, but the kind of credit changed. for a long time they were only offering videogame credits, but more recently they've been giving some general credits. it seems like you only get both when they change the kind of credit.

They are giving me $5 for the delay which is something. I tried for $10, but $5 is better then nothing. If I get the $25 (forget when I ordered it) that means I would be getting $30 credit for it.

just got off CS chat. I begged enough about getting the $10 (in addition to my $15), and while they couldnt give me the deal, they made it clear they would go back and fix the error with everyone else) (/sarcasm)

I wouldnt be at all surprise if Amazon was doing the double credit intentionally. Those who pre-order early are obviously enthusiastic about games, and probably shop around. There cant be that many of the double credits amongst casual gamers, and they probably have a set number they give before they bump the credit to the "real" one. Locking you in to a $10 VG credit ensures they'll spend $ on things that typically cost between $30-60, instead of Gamestop, BB, etc.

The $15 Amazon credit is a bit more of a hit (on their part), since there are many things (i often buy books for school, that i was gonna buy anyway, just nice to get them for free or cheap with the credit)

so?
locked in enthusiastic gamers to a game purchase (now) plus another game purchase in the future, plus another amazon purchase? Check
locked in moderate gamers to a purchase (now) plus one in the future? check.

my long winded point? you are not tricking them with a secret deal. i think they know exactly what they are doing.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']Same here, but I'm not worried. Prime's word is bond.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you were right, shipped from Reno, NV:lol:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They are giving me $5 for the delay which is something. I tried for $10, but $5 is better then nothing. If I get the $25 (forget when I ordered it) that means I would be getting $30 credit for it.[/QUOTE]

Thats a bummer on your shipping, :beer: heres to hoping you get both credits.

For those of you whining saying I was trying to ruin the deal for anyone else, I was not. I was simply trying to get something that other's got, the same way everyone else on here does. You don't see anyone whining when people are abusing the $1 XBLA a month deal that people are still posting about. Everyone on here has a double standard when it affects them, but if it saves them money or gets them something it's fine.

It is one thing to take advantage of something while you can. It's another thing to bring a glitch/oversight to a companies attention. That is the issue. If you got both credits good for you, I hope I do too. But if I don't I won't call/email/chat and complain because it draws attention and lowers the chance of this happening again.

Going by that line of reasoning it would be okay to take money from someone losing it out of their pockets as long as they didn't find out, but if they were to be told it would ruin it for everyone getting free money? Two wrongs don't make a right, you just said it yourself, its okay for others getting the extra credit but, don't bring it to the companies attention.

Well looks I cant take advantage of this one, I saw the bb discount+gc deal after it was closed.

Who is running the best deal on this now? I want the game but I just dont have a lot of play money for a full priced game right now. Had to get a new fridge and that killed my mad money for a good 6 or 7 weeks.

[quote name='Jabrim']Going by that line of reasoning it would be okay to take money from someone losing it out of their pockets as long as they didn't find out, but if they were to be told it would ruin it for everyone getting free money? Two wrongs don't make a right, you just said it yourself, its okay for others getting the extra credit but, don't bring it to the companies attention.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I received a tracking number saying it's on the way for tomorrow's delivery. But it only states $15. Oh well.

[quote name='wilflare']Kmart has the best deal[/QUOTE]

Yea, but I'm afraid I'm going to get stabbed every time I walk into my Kmart.

[quote name='NoMaadic']Yea, but I'm afraid I'm going to get stabbed every time I walk into my Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Well then you can go with me. I'll shank ya in the parking lot to save the worry about it inside :cool:

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Do you know if your buddy pre-ordered it back when it included a $10 bonus? I'm going with Shock on this one...which is the most likely case.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine the day it went to $15. It was $10 for a while but when they bumped it to $15 it was a must buy for me, and I ended up with both credits.

[quote name='Jabrim']Going by that line of reasoning it would be okay to take money from someone losing it out of their pockets as long as they didn't find out, but if they were to be told it would ruin it for everyone getting free money? Two wrongs don't make a right, you just said it yourself, its okay for others getting the extra credit but, don't bring it to the companies attention.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you didn't get the extra $10 in credit. :D

[quote name='mrright4you4now']well then you can go with me. I'll shank ya in the parking lot to save the worry about it inside :cool:[/quote]

+1

[quote name='wilflare']Kmart has the best deal[/QUOTE]

Whats the kmart deal? I look on their website and it just says 59.99

Um no logic there at all. What you are trying to say is that you are the person behind the person getting the free money. Person A is walking and drops money, Person B picks up money, Person C (you) sees this and goes to Person A and says "Hey you dropped money and Person B took it....that isn't fair I want free money too".

[quote name='gargus']Whats the kmart deal? I look on their website and it just says 59.99[/QUOTE]

Top of this forum...sticky post....

[quote name='gargus']Whats the kmart deal? I look on their website and it just says 59.99[/QUOTE]

$20 gaming coupon & a free game $19.99 or less

Hey guys, just got my conformation email. I preorderd this game before They changed it to 15 and i too got the mail saying Congrats you will get 10 game credits and 15 ! I Hope i get both as well. I Hope no one calls customer service ( or has that happened already lol ) this potental double credit is right down a cheapies alley !

So apparently the Amazon price dropped to $59 for a few hours yesterday night? Shouldn't that fall under the preorder price guarantee? My invoice still says $59.99...

And yes, it's only 99 cents, but it's about the principle! :p

[quote name='skystorm']So apparently the Amazon price dropped to $59 for a few hours yesterday night? Shouldn't that fall under the preorder price guarantee? My invoice still says $59.99...

And yes, it's only 99 cents, but it's about the principle! :p[/QUOTE]

yes it fell to $59 for a bit yesterday. My order was automatically adjusted to $59 so I'm surprised yours wasn't. If it's really worth it to you I'd say something or just double check again in case you missed the price adjustment

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Hell, I haven't even gotten my credit yet... (my copy has shipped.)[/QUOTE]

incase this is your first time buying a game with preorder credit at Amazon, they say it takes a few days after your order ships to have the credit applied to the account, not within hours. Don't worry though you'll get it

The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships.

Only got the fifteen bucks. Oh well still more than I expected and I like the fact that I can use it on things besides games. I may have to watch a few Noire films on Netflix next couple of days to get in the mood

[quote name='nypickle']incase this is your first time buying a game with preorder credit at Amazon, they say it takes a few days after your order ships to have the credit applied to the account, not within hours. Don't worry though you'll get it[/QUOTE]

Its not but thanks for the heads up. :)

Be interesting to see what I get... I preordered back in 2009. :lol:

is there anyone who pre-ordered after it switched to amazon $15 and still got the $10 VG credit?

I assume no: it seems that the initial offer was for $10 VG credit. if they had upped the credit to $15 (VG), maybe you only get 15, but since they changed the type of credit, someone might complain the terms had changed, so they just give the first X people (who pre-order that early) the $25 as an early adopter bonus (which helps deaden the blow if the game drops $20 in the first 2-3 weeks)

Like I said before, they may even have a quota/system to do this intentionally. first 100 or first 1000 who sign up for the VG credit get that PLUS the $15 Amazon credit. the rest of us schmucks who waited till it increased (and switched over to an all-Amazon credit), just get the $15. Given the price of most video games, getting anyone to spend that in-house is worth the slight hit they take on their margins, I'm sure.

Plus. you're crazy if you dont think they monitor forums like these to make marketing decisions. I'm not saying there's a dedicated full time staff to follow them, but someone on the food chain would likely pay attention to gamer sites/forums (especially one focused on deals). it's detailed market research about price points, perceptions about promotions and their value, etc. - and it's free.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']is there anyone who pre-ordered after it switched to amazon $15 and still got the $10 VG credit?

I assume no: it seems that the initial offer was for $10 VG credit. if they had upped the credit to $15 (VG), maybe you only get 15, but since they changed the type of credit, someone might complain the terms had changed, so they just give the first X people (who pre-order that early) the $25 as an early adopter bonus (which helps deaden the blow if the game drops $20 in the first 2-3 weeks)

Like I said before, they may even have a quota/system to do this intentionally. first 100 or first 1000 who sign up for the VG credit get that PLUS the $15 Amazon credit. the rest of us schmucks who waited till it increased (and switched over to an all-Amazon credit), just get the $15. Given the price of most video games, getting anyone to spend that in-house is worth the slight hit they take on their margins, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

I did. I waited until it jumped to $15 and then I preordered, and my email said I was going to receive both.

lol @ people who tried to CS chat this -_-

ShockandAww is definitely right that it's a mix up from the previous $10 cred switching to $15. I'm hoping it messes up long enough and I can apply it to inFamous 2 later tonight before they fix it. if it doesn't work.. i know who to blame.

it's a good thing that amazon didn't bump the credit to $20 at the last second, then these pre-orders would have a $45 credit.

no, I'm not serious - but this is the logic that makes some think it'll stay at $25....if it does, awesome. I'm happy for you, but i take back what i said before - i think this is a goof, not intentional...and if they're gonna "fix" it (i.e. just give $15, it wont have anything to do with what any of us do or say).

the only leg to stand arguing for $25 would have is b/c the email says so. but did anyone really expect this would be the case? this thread is full of pleasantly surprised/bemused, although the s--t will hit the fan if that 10 gets taken away now

bread's done
Back