Power A Wireless Ps3 Pro-elite $40 online/ $30 in store walmart YMMV

JubeiDar

CAGiversary!
Pro elite ps 3 controller $30 at Walmart in Orlando on Goldenrod and Lee Vista. It's $40 on walmart.com. Don't know if price is all out sale or just that particular store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently theres a $20 wired version as well, I was totally looking at this a while ago and for $20 (since I dont mind wires) im in for one, thanks op.

Yeah I got the wired version last month when it was 19.99 on Amazon. I really like it. Only minor annoyance is that you can't turn on the PS3 via the controller, you have to use the button on the front of the system.

It's a nice alternative for those who prefer the 360 design over the dualshock. Still feels kind of cheap though...not enough weight to it IMO.

[quote name='VA']Will these explode?[/QUOTE]Probably. Just buy a couple of additional ones as backups.

[quote name='heybtbm']It's a nice alternative for those who prefer the 360 design over the dualshock. Still feels kind of cheap though...not enough weight to it IMO.[/QUOTE]
I keep seeing this and there's a simple answer...it's because it has a built-in rechargeable battery and not the bulky battery pack that the 360 controller has.

With that said I think i"m going to return the two I bought from TRU a few weeks ago. I like the controller but the buttons seem to stick which gets very annoying when you're in the middle of a heated battle.

[quote name='VA']Will these explode?[/QUOTE]
The exploding ones are counterfeit Dual Shock 3s, you think you are buying the Sony one but it's a fake. These are real 3rd party controllers.

[quote name='Vedder']I would assume these are licensed?

http://kotaku.com/5646780/sony-blocks-fake-controllers-warns-of-explosions [/QUOTE]
I wonder if that means those Rocketfish controllers I bought from Best Buy a while ago are now blocked. They function via Bluetooth and are pretty damn good minus a few gripes(triggers are weak, PS button needs to be 'loosened' to be used properly, battery life is a bit less per charge than the official ones), but for $10 they were well worth it.

I still have like two or three of them after giving out one to a buddy for his families' PS3 and trading/selling one on CAG. I also have one that I cracked open to test out for myself, which is how I discovered the above issues.

But if they no longer work at all due to an update by Sony I may look into some sort of complaint against Sony since I'm still out about $30 for the ones I have left then.

I just bought one today its not the rechargeable one it requires bateries. thats proably why it cheaper. Going to return and get the right one.

bread's done
Back