power brick for the elite?

kaptinmorgan

CAGiversary!
this may be answered somewhere else or in another thread, but does anyone know if the elite has the power brick, haven't seen one, and the pictures i saw don't show one, thanks, an i'll kill the thread once i find out.

Never had an old HDD. My elite was my first 360 :D. But I dont think i remember seeing anything about that when I opened up the box. Dont take my word for it though.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']cool thanks, for transferring your old HDD info, does it come with what you need, or is that sold seperately?[/QUOTE]
You have to get a transfer cable from Microsoft. You have to fill out a form, fax or mail it to them and they send you the data migration kit. If you fax the info the kit only takes a few days to get to you. Go to Xbox.com for the form.

I think stamps are up to 41 cents now. Not sure how much it costs to make a fax, as I've never had a fax machine.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I think stamps are up to 41 cents now. Not sure how much it costs to make a fax, as I've never had a fax machine.[/quote]
wow really? i was talking about the cable, nobody mentioned a price, assuming there is one, so to clarify - does the CABLE cost anything, and if so, how much?

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']wow really? i was talking about the cable, nobody mentioned a price, assuming there is one, so to clarify - does the CABLE cost anything, and if so, how much?[/QUOTE]

I've never seen the transfer cable sold separately in stores. They only way to purchase the transfer cable as far as I know is to buy the 120GB HD. The transfer cable comes with the HD.

okay cool thanks, but now that gives me mixed results, one person says you have to get it from xbox.com and one says it comes with the drive, which is what i thought it might be, can anyone confirm that?

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']okay cool thanks, but now that gives me mixed results, one person says you have to get it from xbox.com and one says it comes with the drive, which is what i thought it might be, can anyone confirm that?[/quote]

Pyro was just being a smartass because the transfer cable is free from MS when you buy the elite and send in that form. Other than buying an elite and sending in that form the only way to get the transfer cable is by buying a 120gb hdd.

yeah i was actually just tryin to help a friend out, thought i'd go to my oh so knowledgeable fellow CAGers for some info. didn't feel like searching through 30 some-odd pages, and xbox.com didn't list a price. i appreciate it though, thanks you guys.

bread's done
Back