Power Gig Rise of the Six String $25.00 @ Big Lots

I have never heard anyone stand up for this game or it's peripheral. Hopefully it works out for you.

This has been that price for awhile at Big Lots though, so some people might have trouble finding them.

I am tempted to pick up a copy for 360 mainly because I think it would be neat to learn to play the guitar someday and this is probably the cheapest way to get one. The game got terrible reviews, but a real guitar for $25 (or $15 if you can get the TRU deal) seems pretty amazing to me.

I bought this... several at all the Big Lots I go to. It is not fun. I played it for about ten minutes and its gathering dust since then. Might give it another shot.

[quote name='eldergias']I am tempted to pick up a copy for 360 mainly because I think it would be neat to learn to play the guitar someday and this is probably the cheapest way to get one. The game got terrible reviews, but a real guitar for $25 (or $15 if you can get the TRU deal) seems pretty amazing to me.[/QUOTE]

No, read the reviews on it. It doesn't help you learn shit.

I think you're gonna have to spring for the rock band pro guitar.

[quote name='confoosious']No, read the reviews on it. It doesn't help you learn shit.

I think you're gonna have to spring for the rock band pro guitar.[/QUOTE]

I don't actually want the game which got HORRIBLE reviews, just the guitar. I figure the game wont teach me anything, but am hoping since the guitar is real I could use that to learn from some other source. If I am way off base there and the guitar is actually just a piece of junk, please let me know.

[quote name='eldergias']I don't actually want the game which got HORRIBLE reviews, just the guitar. I figure the game wont teach me anything, but am hoping since the guitar is real I could use that to learn from some other source. If I am way off base there and the guitar is actually just a piece of junk, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read the guitar is also a piece of junk.

I actually bought this bundle a few weeks ago when it was on clearance. Went out to the parking lot, read some reviews, walked back in and returned it.

[quote name='confoosious']From what I've read the guitar is also a piece of junk.

I actually bought this bundle a few weeks ago when it was on clearance. Went out to the parking lot, read some reviews, walked back in and returned it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I will wait till I can find a cheap guitar at a tag sale or something. I would prefer acoustic over electric anyhow.

[quote name='eldergias']I don't actually want the game which got HORRIBLE reviews, just the guitar. I figure the game wont teach me anything, but am hoping since the guitar is real I could use that to learn from some other source. If I am way off base there and the guitar is actually just a piece of junk, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

The guitar is not "real." It's a video game controller, not a guitar. Real guitars do not cost $25.

The guitar is a cheap piece of sh!t. While it is theoretically a "real" electric guitar, it is made out of plastic and damn-near impossible to keep in tune. The gameplay using the guitar is horrible. The game itself, while not very good, is really not that bad, *if* you use a GH or RB guitar instead of the POS six-string. And no, it does not work in RB3 pro-mode.

Also, this is at least the 4th or 5th thread on this topic in the past couple months. It's been this price for quite a while now.

[quote name='Survivalism']The guitar is not "real." It's a video game controller, not a guitar. Real guitars do not cost $25.[/QUOTE]

I meant that it is "real" in the sense that you can use it like a normal electric guitar by hooking it up to an amp. That you don't need to just use it with the game.

Do not buy this unless you want to display having the worst guitar game ever made. I bought for 25 at Big Lots a few months ago when they first started clearancing them out. What a waste of money.

[quote name='M3wThr33']The guitar is shit. The strings are shit. It doesn't work in RB3.
EVERYTHING is wrong with it. EVERYTHING.[/QUOTE]

lol was considering to pick up this bundle from Toys r Us but isn't that like saying DJ hero is POS?

[quote name='eldergias']Thanks for letting me know. I guess I will wait till I can find a cheap guitar at a tag sale or something. I would prefer acoustic over electric anyhow.[/QUOTE]

hey, if you want to use a real guitar, Rocksmith is looking mighty tempting. It lets you use any guitar you want as long as the guitar has a pickup. So if you only have an acoustic guitar, you need to buy a pickup. It'll let you learn guitar and have some fun at it (because learning a guitar is really really hard, your fingers will scream at you).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nHeo6URjJ0&feature=player_embedded#at=46

the advantage over RB3 is that you can use your own guitar, any guitar. not some $300 Squier guitar that you need to buy specifically for RB3. besides, the RB3 pro guitar was discontinued.

I tried Rocksmith out at Warped Tour, it's pretty fun and looks promising, hope you can flip the strings in the options though because I'm used to seeing low E at the bottom from tabs and low E was at the top when I was playing it.

bread's done
Back