PowerA Pro elite PS3 controller $14.99 at 1saleaday.com

boneless

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Yeah, just chiming in to let people know, site is legit, they just take forever to ship things out.  Once they ship them it gets to you within a week, but they do take a few weeks to ship something out.  Just got an order from them this week that I think I ordered 2-3 weeks ago.  They've always delivered and handle returns well.  

Yeah they are slow as hell. One time I ordered a keyboard from them and by the time it came, I forgot I even ordered it.

Bought one of these at Walmart like 2 years ago. I bought it because I just got a PS3 but was used to the 360 layout and this controller is awful. The analogs have huge deadzones, the controller feels very low quality and feels as if you could break it with your bare hands if you wanted.

Plus most PS3 shooters (first & third) use L1 & R1 so the triggers are pointless because in most games you can't switch to L2 & R2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought one of these at Walmart like 2 years ago. I bought it because I just got a PS3 but was used to the 360 layout and this controller is awful. The analogs have huge deadzones, the controller feels very low quality and feels as if you could break it with your bare hands if you wanted.

Plus most PS3 shooters (first & third) use L1 & R1 so the triggers are pointless because in most games you can't switch to L2 & R2.
actually you are wrong, most ps3 shooters which are multiplat most notably call of duty and battlefield let you change the controller settings. i think bioshock infinite lets you do this too..dont remember about the others. i have a power A tournament controller. i bought it cuz it made the driving easier in gta 5.

Just a heads up, I would recommend the wired version of this controller called the Pro Ex. I wanted a 360 esque controller and read reviews on both and it seems that the dead zones are more persistent on the wireless version of this controller. I haven't had any problems with dead zones. I've been playing all my shooters with the wired Pro Ex and find it much more more preferable than Dualshock 3, even in non shooter games. Best $14 I've spent on my ps3, it's currently $17 on amazon

Just a heads up, I would recommend the wired version of this controller called the Pro Ex. I wanted a 360 esque controller and read reviews on both and it seems that the dead zones are more persistent on the wireless version of this controller. I haven't had any problems with dead zones. I've been playing all my shooters with the wired Pro Ex and find it much more more preferable than Dualshock 3, even in non shooter games. Best $14 I've spent on my ps3, it's currently $17 on amazon
I would too, especially if you like using the Sony Wireless Headset, or wireless usb dongle headset period. The wireless controller simply wont work, due to interference.

My wired still working for about a year, mainly use it to play FFXIV now so i dont have to recharge a wireless on the go, and cord length is pretty good.

actually you are wrong, most ps3 shooters which are multiplat most notably call of duty and battlefield let you change the controller settings. i think bioshock infinite lets you do this too..dont remember about the others. i have a power A tournament controller. i bought it cuz it made the driving easier in gta 5.
What? Battlefield 3 & 4 do not let you switch to the triggers. Trust me, I've tried.

And from my experiences most games don't let you do it all despite what you're saying.

I've tried with Killzone, Battlefield, Metro: LL, to name a few. The only one I remember letting you is COD.

I know this because I can't stand the PS3 controller for FPS and have tried various controllers to remedy the situation.

Now there is a controller made my by MadCatz with MLG branding that let's you hold the select & start button to switch to the triggers. It does it within the controller so even if a game doesn't have the option it will still do it. It's actually a pretty decent controller although a bit pricey: http://amzn.to/1eITSWn

It's what I ended up purchasing although I found it cheaper used.

bread's done
Back