PowerUp Rewards Steal of the Week: 25% off Pre-Owned for 500 Points

PenguinMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

It's listed as a mystery coupon but everyone has reported that it's always a coupon for "25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase" that expires on 11/17.

If it ever changes into something else I'll update this post.

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain how you are getting the ipad for cheap at gs? Not seeing this. I'll give a b1g1 wii/ds coupon to the first person to post it as a thank you.

The mystery coupon thats available right now.

It is giving 25% off on preowned things, including iPads.

Yeah but is it off any ipad? A certain model that they are talking about. I'm looking at this site and they seem incredibly high even with that 25% off.

Yeah but is it off any ipad? A certain model that they are talking about. I'm looking at this site and they seem incredibly high even with that 25% off.
There's a 10% off promotion that GS is running through Sunday. In-store price is 10% less than what you see online. Coupon takes 25% more off of that. Leads to some decent deals...

Edit: 10% promo is off all Ipads (and up to 20% other electronics); 25% off Coupon works on all used items (refurbished counts as used for this promo).

So it would be basically a total of 45% off. Sorta. Ok cool.

So any model thats less than $200 would work. Gotcha.

Wish I knew about this ipad stuff. I have no idea what the R is in gamestops ipad(r) listings.

Very odd, now when I look at the trade in's it says my local store  doesnt take tradeins, also the ipad 2's havent reflected the $200 value yet.

There's a 10% off promotion that GS is running through Sunday. In-store price is 10% less than what you see online. Coupon takes 25% more off of that. Leads to some decent deals...

Edit: 10% promo is off all Ipads (and up to 20% other electronics); 25% off Coupon works on all used items (refurbished counts as used for this promo).
So do handhelds like PS Vita count?

Woah, I could really consider an ipad, even if it is one of those lower models, at this price point.

Edit: Huh everyone is selling these? Is there a discount limit you guys think? Would be awesome to get a 64 gb if they're going to shave $125. (might even skip the ps4 if that's the case)

So would a refurbished Xbox that's on sale on the gs website for $99 on the website be $75 with the coupon?

I remember reading a thread on slickdeals awhile back that it does not work. should work on amazon kindle gift cards though.
Thank you, good to know that Amazon gift card's can still be obtained.

For anyone trying to find a target location nearby. I read that all Target mobile locations are doing the iPad trade in's so this link might work for you:

http://www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores#?lnk=fnav_t_spc_1_1

Just make sure to select the Target Mobile checkbox before searching.

I am running into the instore price being way more than it is online.

Don't they match their online price if it doesn't say online only? When I go to the pick-up in store page, the price still says 135.99. 

Just ran into this problem. Sucks. The In-Store pickup option does now reflect a significantly higher in-store price when you go to fill out the hold form. Why they think anyone would pay $200 for an outdated, unsupported, 2nd hand, scuffed up ipad is beyond me.

Have them ring it up.

I remember someone here posted that they got a scratch and dent iPad that was priced higher than what was listed on the site but once it rung up, 2 promotions were applied that made it even cheaper (not including the 25% off coupon) Not sure what the second promotion was but I know one of them was 10% off

Wow, checked used Vita systems and every time I click "pickup@store" I get page not found, wonder what's going on?  Maybe I'll just wander over and see what they have, plenty of GS around me.

Wow, checked used Vita systems and every time I click "pickup@store" I get page not found, wonder what's going on? Maybe I'll just wander over and see what they have, plenty of GS around me.
Go to the product page and click the PickUp@Store button from there--for some reason, the direct PickUp@Store option doesn't work if clicked from among your search results.

Have them ring it up.

I remember someone here posted that they got a scratch and dent iPad that was priced higher than what was listed on the site but once it rung up, 2 promotions were applied that made it even cheaper (not including the 25% off coupon) Not sure what the second promotion was but I know one of them was 10% off
its 10% off grade a 20% off grade b

Just got an iPad 4 16GB to flip back to GS. Got 10% then 25% for a total of $272 and going to trade it back in for some credit to get iPad 1s for Target

Just picked up a 32gb IPad 4. Total was 261.22 pretax. Here is the breakdown:
Disc: 43.00 Promo: 15302
Disc: 38.70 Promo: 15152
Disc: 87.70 Promo: 15194

iPad is flawless too. Not sure if I should just keep this one or trade it in for 176 in credit profit.

Just picked up a 32gb IPad 4. Total was 261.22 pretax. Here is the breakdown:
Disc: 43.00 Promo: 15302
Disc: 38.70 Promo: 15152
Disc: 87.70 Promo: 15194

iPad is flawless too. Not sure if I should just keep this one or trade it in for 176 in credit profit.
Isn't that extra discount for scratch and scuff? And you got a flawless iPad? Wow

Picked up a mint 3G Vita for $137.xx and a nice condition white PSP Go for $37.xx, great deal!  Thanks for the heads up on the "Mystery Coupon" OP!

wow I now see what the ipad fuss was about. Didnt do any flipping although I did trade in my 16gb ipad 2 for $278 and bought a 32gb ipad 4 for $261 + tax. (difference out of pocket was 7 bucks...) Thats nuts...especially for GS.

How much is the ipad 4 originally in store? I have an Ipad 2 at my nearest store that's marked 359 although it's 288 online and it's also grade B. I'm having trouble figuring out how much that would discount to.

Hi I just traded in our iPad 2 16gb for a 32GB iPad 4.  They gave me $185 trade credit.  I got 10% in store + 25% mystery coupon discount.

I didn't get the 30% trade up on my iPad 2 and it was graded as good even though it was in excellent condition (is good the best value?).

Clerk told me the 25% steal of the week mystery coupon and 30% trade up promo didn't stack.

iPad 4 was $304 with discounts

iPad 2 was $185 credit

my out of pocket was $131.12.

Did I get max value?  If not, any advice on what to do?  Thanks

Hi I just traded in our iPad 2 16gb for a 32GB iPad 4. They gave me $185 trade credit. I got 10% in store + 25% mystery coupon discount.

I didn't get the 30% trade up on my iPad 2 and it was graded as good even though it was in excellent condition (is good the best value?).

Clerk told me the 25% steal of the week mystery coupon and 30% trade up promo didn't stack.

iPad 2 was $185 credit

Did I get max value? If not, any advice on what to do? Thanks
Shoulda traded in the Ipad in a separate transaction.

wow I now see what the ipad fuss was about. Didnt do any flipping although I did trade in my 16gb ipad 2 for $278 and bought a 32gb ipad 4 for $261 + tax. (difference out of pocket was 7 bucks...) Thats nuts...especially for GS.
Hi, did you do trade on the same transaction? What did they grade your iPad 2 at?

Hi I just traded in our iPad 2 16gb for a 32GB iPad 4. They gave me $185 trade credit. I got 10% in store + 25% mystery coupon discount.

iPad 2 was $185 credit

You got screwed. You shoulda traded in the iPad 2 first and bought a $0.99 preowned game for the 30% bump. After that transaction then buy the iPad 4 with the 25% off coupon.

**like new is the highest condition rating.

if you're moderately good looking just flirt with a female employee, or be interesting and just ask her questions to feel smart and informative and smile.

you'll get like new on all trade ins. works every time

Wife and I made out like a bandit this weekend. Both of us were eligible for phone upgrades, we both traded out 4S's into gamestop and with the proceeds from the trade in and the 25% coupon got the following:

32GB Wii U

16GB Ipad 2

New Super Mario Bros U

ZombieU

Wii Remote Plus

Classic Controller

MLB Power Pros 2008

And I still have 23 bucks left in store credit.

iPad 2 was $185 credit

You got screwed. You would have better off doing two transactions. Trade the iPad 2 in and get the bonus, buy the iPad Gen 4 with the coupon. It's a big enough difference that I'd call the store and arrange a time to go back and talk to the manager.

You got screwed. You would have better off doing two transactions. Trade the iPad 2 in and get the bonus, buy the iPad Gen 4 with the coupon. It's a big enough difference that I'd call the store and arrange a time to go back and talk to the manager.
yeah before taxes you should have paid 256 for the iPad 4 and got about 278 for the 2 if they were both like new

iPad 2 was $185 credit

OMG! Chaching for GS. I don't think there's anything you can do. For future reference, make as many separate trades/purchases as you need. Don't try to mix promos/coupons without checking with the GameStop Trade In thread, first. Even then, I would STILL do as many transactions as needed to make me feel I got the best deal.

There is a popular thread covering the Target deal on Slickdeals. Just follow that if you want exact up to the minute details tomorrow morning. The real question is whether or not we can trade in more than one ipad or not. Oh, and keep in mind the Target mobile rep is probably not gonna be there at store opening, according the the website... more like 11 am. Keep your fingers crossed!
Thanks for the heads up on this deal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the iPad for cheap. That $199 put me off, but I got all kinds of discounts in store! Can't believe I almost waited!

He can still return/rebuy the Ipad 4 with a 25% off coupon to get that savings back.

bread's done
Back