Prank Caller Trouble, Any Suggestions?

Lobsterjohnson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Short version:

Someone's been prank calling me and I've got their number now. I want to find out who it is by using one of these cell phone tracing sites, but I don't feel like paying for it. I will if I have to but does anyone know a good and secure site to track a phone number?

Thanks!

Long version:

I've been getting these prank phone calls at 2:30am the past few nights. The caller uses this incredibly fake black voice and has the lamest humor ever (constant gay jokes and such). It's disrupting my sleep schedule, especially when I've got to be up for work/school. I can't turn my phone off since it's my only means of an alarm so the calls keep coming.

They've been blocking their number so I couldn't even get the number through my cell phone provider. So I decided to change my voice mail message to this:

"Hey this Dominic (mah real namez). I can't get to the phone right now, but if this is the person whose been prank calling me I've contacted the authorities and we'll be speaking shortly."

So I get one last prank phone call voice mail today while I had my phone off. Shortly after I received another voice mail. This voice mail went something like this:

"Hey, I don't know who this is but I found your number in my outgoing calls. I had my phone stolen and the person whole stole my phone made a bunch of calls. I just wanted to say that it wasn't me...sorry."

I then receive 2 text messages. One that was an apology apparently sent out to all the unknown phone numbers and one that was sent to his friends, explaining the situation again. This time claiming that he finally got his phone back but the person ate up a bunch of his minutes.

I decided to text them back:

"Who stole your phone, I want to know who was bothering me."

They text back:

"I don't know who it was. I left it on the counter at a chinese food store and it got swiped. All I can say about the guy is he was tall and african american. He was wearing a hood so I didn't get a look at his face. He made me pay to get my phone back!"

So right now I'm thinking bullshit. I'm guessing my voice mail greeting bluff worked and freaked this guy out. He then made up this story and revealed his cell phone number to me in his texts. So I began deducing whom it was. In their first prank phone call they told me my name, my job description and that they were "watching" me. After receiving all the information today it dawned on me.

I had class Monday morning and I stopped by the film department to copy some Biology homework. The room was filled with film students who were working on their projects and such. I'm friends with the film lab assistants and one of them did not have my phone number. I began to tell them my number while quickly trying to copy my unfinished homework. I had to repeat myself as they did not catch the number the first time. I then went on to inform my friends about the sale at my store coming up this weekend. I finished copying the work and quickly went to class. The phone calls began that night.

So somebody from that room got my number and thought it'd be a good idea to fuck with me. I'm friends with all the teachers in the film department and they'd gladly tell me who this prank caller was, once I acquire their name.

I'm close to finding out who this is, but I'm not sure what I should do once I come face to face with them. Any suggestions?

Once you find out who it is, you can actually talk to the cops and see if there is anything you can do about it. Or you can ostracize them in front of whomever they happen to be around at the time whenever you see them. "Oh hey, look it's ___ the loser who has nothing better to do than harass guys late at night." You can avoid getting physical(if you want to) and make him feel stupid every time he is around you.

fuck anything that requires effort. if you got proof, just let the police handle the shit. keep it moving....no need on wasting strength over prank calls. shit's childish and lame. last time we did some shit like that was like...6th grade.

Don't ask anyone to point him out, just find out who he his by listening to everyone talk and wait for his name to come up (after you find out his name). Then find out what car he drives and slash all his tires and maybe break a couple windows.

By not asking anyone to point him out you cover up the some of your tracks. The rest of your tracks you'll have to cover yourself by playing innocent if ever questioned, by anyone especially the authorities.

Edit: Better yet!! If he has a girlfriend, and if you don't, sleep with his girlfriend!

You could just block the number from calling you. However, if you want to further deal with it, do what Aberforth recommended.

Go to a gay chatroom and give out the number claiming its yours and your up for a game of bury the treasure.

[quote name='Will']Go to a gay chatroom and give out the number claiming its yours and your up for a game of bury the treasure.[/QUOTE]

This.

I wouldn't recommend anything illegal (what Aberforth mentioned).

Still, I would confront the person once you find out who it is.

Keep us updated.

If your bluff worked and the calls have stopped I'd just forget about it. Or maybe do a similar type prank on the guy if you can somehow find them out. But slashing tires would be well over the top IMO.

How long did this go on?

Actually the craigslist thing will probably haunt him for a month or so. Some people I used to work with took a guys car info and set up a super cheap listing on CL but they used his cell # and our own shop #. I worked on the midnight shift, but our daytime supervisors were bitching about the amount of people calling for a while. Do It!!

[quote name='keithp']I suggest this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waHJhb2wxo[/quote]

I was actually thinking about calling him, posing as the cops and going over a few questions. Perhaps telling him that my house was also broken into and that he's a suspect for the case...however I don't think that's legal.

[quote name='Aberforth']Then find out what car he drives and slash all his tires and maybe break a couple windows.[/quote]

Hahaha, I think that may be a little extreme for just some prank calls. I think making him look stupid or fucking with him seems juste.

[quote name='chasemurata']You could just block the number from calling you.[/quote]

For some stupid reason T-Mobile won't block numbers, I called and asked. But at the situation's current state he's done calling.

[quote name='pacifickarma']You have the phone number, right? Fake Craigslist ad for super cheap Wii + Phone Number = Win (Massive Damage!)[/quote]

[quote name='Will']Go to a gay chatroom and give out the number claiming its yours and your up for a game of bury the treasure.[/quote]

Both good ideas but he's got my number too. I assume he would know who did that to him. Perhaps if I get my phone number changed next month (changing providers) I'll do it.

[quote name='wubb']If your bluff worked and the calls have stopped I'd just forget about it. Or maybe do a similar type prank on the guy if you can somehow find them out. But slashing tires would be well over the top IMO.

How long did this go on?[/quote]

Just a couple days, but both times he woke me up when I had school or work at 8am or 9am.

As for an update:

I gave the number to the lab assistants and they're going to look in the student rosters for me. Once I find the kid I was thinking of trying to intimidate him with yelling and getting angry and such, but that may escalate to fisticuffs and I don't need that to happen at the end of the school year. I'm going to bring in my camera once I know who it is and at the very least take a pic of him, but I'll keep the thread updated.

Let the cops handle it.

Then, the cops will laugh at you behind your back and hand the case over to Detective McTrashCan.

But you'll have done everything legal.

one word

AIRHORN!!!!!!

ring ring

hello.

HEY YO ITS ME BLACKIE WHATS UP DAWG?

Its 2 am im sleeping. HOw are you doing

HEY YO IM DOING JUST........BAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im doing just fine. Im sorry though I can't hear you.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't hear you. What? Some dumdass keeps blowing a horn.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

what? Oh ok have a good night.

bread's done
Back