Pre-buying Black Friday items to price match later.

yukonrye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Kind of a dumb general question. I'm not sure if I can make it into stores during the Black /Thursday-Friday doorbuster hours. Would it work if I buy the things I want now and just go into the store later during the sale and have the price adjusted?

I'm mainly interested in picking up the Amazon Kindle Fire 7" tablets for my kids. Best Buy will have them for $35 on Black Thursday.

Kind of a dumb general question. I'm not sure if I can make it into stores during the Black /Thursday-Friday doorbuster hours. Would it work if I buy the things I want now and just go into the store later during the sale and have the price adjusted?

I'm mainly interested in picking up the Amazon Kindle Fire 7" tablets for my kids. Best Buy will have them for $35 on Black Thursday.
I've never done the price adjustment w/ buying items ahead of time. I've heard of people doing it. Also, I think Discover Card has some policy to refund the difference and that has supposedly worked for people for past BF deals.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/price-protection.html

Amazon will also have the Kindle Fire 7" for $35. Maybe Best Buy might offer that price online as well. I think Walmart also price match Black Friday deals.

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-to-sell-new-fire-7-tablet-for-34-99-this-black-friday/

maybe for NON door busters. Good luck standing in the CS line for 4 hours black thursday though

also that fire tablet is NON HD heard the display is crap

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't usually have luck with buying BF items online. I never make it through to checkout before they are sold out. I looked at the tablets at Best Buy and they seemed to have a ton of them. As for the display, the demo I looked at in the store is perfectly adequate for an 8 and 10 year old. They usually steal my 3ds XL to watch youtube videos and netflix on, and that display is made of literal poop-pixels. 

I'll try both the pre-purchase and the online methods. I can always return the spare ones later.

bread's done
Back